Job Opportunity: Business Development Manager (BDM)
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager (BDM)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
Immigration Advice Service Ltd (IAS) is the UK’s leading immigration expert. Working from 14 offices around the UK, we specialise in a wide range of UK visa, nationality and asylum applications to the UK Border Agency and the Home Office. In addition, we offer an extensive range of corporate immigration services for entrepreneurs, overseas investors, businesses and education providers. IAS has two main sources of income, from private clients and from the Legal Aid Agency and this role will be pivotal in helping to achieve designated growth goals for IAS. Key to achieving these objectives including developing IAS sister companies – IAS Interpreting Services and James Freeman and Co.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The BDM will be responsible for leading business development and business growth within the IAS Group in line with its Growth Strategy. This will be achieved by increasing market awareness of IAS and the services we offer and by identifying new business partners and clients. It will also involve developing and strengthening the current lines of business, developing new lines, identifying new markets and income streams and overseeing the IAS Group Marketing Strategy. In addition, the BDM will be responsible for managing the IAS Telemarketing team, consisting currently of four staff.
- To lead business development and business growth within the IAS Group.
- To assist the IAS Senior Management Team to implement the Growth Strategy by developing and strengthening the current lines of business, developing new lines, identifying new markets and income streams.
- To develop and implement a Marketing Strategy for IAS that will increase the number of leads generated and improve our conversion rate. This will include website and social media.
- To manage and lead the IAS Telemarketing team.
- To develop strong relationships with new and existing business partners and corporate clients.
- To set marketing KPIs and targets and to provide detailed management information to the IAS Senior Management Team.
- To develop and implement a process for collecting feedback from Clients to establish client satisfaction and business performance and to recommend and implement improvements.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in business development or other related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a business development role and marketing and a thorough understanding of marketing techniques
- Experience in designing a marketing strategy and business proposals
- Experience in leading, motivating and managing a team
- Knowledge of Online marketing including Search Engine Optimisation and PPC
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent Networking skills
- Experience of dealing with the press or media enquiries
- Senior Management Experience
- Knowledge of the immigration or legal practice sector
All employees of IAS have a duty to:
- Observe client confidentiality
- Ensure that their work conforms to IAS standards of accuracy and quality
- Take due care of their own health and safety and that of others in the working environment
- Work within the spirit of IAS Equal Opportunities Policy at all times