Businesses and Sponsors
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
Under Tier 2 a skilled worker can apply to enter or remain in the UK if they have a job offer here from a licensed sponsor with a valid Certificate of Sponsorship. They must also pass the points-based assessment. There are four categories of skilled worker under Tier 2 of the points-based system:
Under Tier 5 a temporary worker can apply to enter the UK for a short time if, in the majority of cases, they have a job offer from a licensed sponsor and pass the points-based assessment. There are five categories of temporary worker under Tier 5 of the points-based system available for sponsorship (note the youth mobility scheme is not an employment route):
- Creative and sporting
- Charity workers
- Religious workers
- Government authorised exchange
- International agreement
There are a number of responsibilities if you opt to become a UK sponsor:
- You must obtain a Sponsor Licence before you can employ skilled workers under Tiers 2 & 5
- You must issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to each prospective or existing Tier 2 migrant worker so they can apply for a new visa or extension of their stay
- You must use the Sponsorship Management System to fulfil your record-keeping and reporting duties so as to monitor your worker’s compliance with their immigration conditions and report any breaches e.g., absenteeism
Once you have successfully applied for your licence you will be added to the published register of sponsors held by the UK Border Agency and you can issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to any prospective employees. This is not a physical document but a unique reference number recording details of the employee and the position they hold which will allow them to make their Tier 2 application. Your licence will be valid for four years before it needs to be renewed.
If you are an education provider in the UK you can sponsor a foreign student to undertake a long course of study by obtaining a sponsor licence. The student must apply under Tier 4 of the points-based system. You do not need to sponsor a student on a short course of study as they can come to the UK as a student or child visitor (if under 18). Read more about Visitors Visas.
As from February 2013 eligible UK higher education institutions can become endorsing bodies to support Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) applications, although this subject to an annual limit (2,000 applications for 2013-2014).
Read more about High-Value Migrant Tier 1 Visas.
Sponsor licensing can be a complex process.
Here at IAS we can assist with all applications for sponsor licensing, sponsor registration, Tier 2 and Tier 5 Visas.
Our services include:
- Assessing your eligibility as a potential migrant employer or employee
- Helping you understand your best options
- Assisting you with your application process for either a Sponsor Licence or Work Visa
- Preparing a Letter of Representation which will accompany any application you make
- Assisting you with your use of the SMS if applicable
- Advising you on the Resident Labour Market Test if necessary
- Providing you with written guidelines and a plan of action after any advice session
- Liaising with the Home Office where appropriate