Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Businesses & Sponsors

We offer comprehensible, high-quality advice for those looking for business or sponsor advice.

Call us on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Businesses and Sponsors

    If you are a UK employer, business or education provider you can legally employ skilled and temporary migrant workers, or teach students from outside the EEA (European Economic Area), through sponsorship under the five-tier points-based system.

    Our team of expert lawyers can guide you through your Sponsor Licence application. Our services include checking your documents and completing your application form to the highest possible standard. One of our lawyers will work with you to assess your best options as well as writing a Letter of Representation which will support your application. This letter will maximise your business sponsorship chances of successfully acquiring a Sponsor Licence; it details the merits of your application to the Home Office.

    Contact us on 0333 363 8577 now or make an enquiry online to speak with one of our experienced immigration lawyers. Our offices are based in LondonManchester, and Birmingham, as well as in many other locations across the UK. We look forward to speaking with you.

    Business & sponsors

    What are the employers duties?

    If you are looking to employ skilled workers from outside the EEA in either a permanent, long-term or temporary job, Tiers 2 & 5 will apply. You do not need to sponsor a highly skilled migrant worker already coming to or in the UK to benefit under Tier 1.

    Please note that Tier 3 of the points-based system is currently suspended so you can no longer employ low-skilled migrant workers.

    What are the Skilled Worker requirements?

    Under Tier 2 a skilled worker can apply to enter or remain in the UK if they have a job offer here from a licensed sponsor with a valid Certificate of Sponsorship. They must also pass the points-based assessment. There are four categories of benefits for skilled workers under Tier 2 of the points-based system:

    What are the Temporary Worker requirements?

    Under Tier 5 a temporary worker can apply to enter the UK for a short time if, in the majority of cases, they have a job offer from a licensed sponsor company and pass the points-based assessment. There are five categories of temporary worker under Tier 5 of the points-based system available for sponsorship (note the youth mobility scheme is not an employment route):

    • Creative workers
    • Charity workers
    • Religious workers
    • Government authorised exchange
    • International agreement

    What are the education providers duties?

    If you are a business owner or an education provider in the UK you can sponsor a foreign student to undertake a long course of study by obtaining a sponsor licence. The student must apply under Tier 4 of the points-based system. You do not need to sponsor a student on a short course of study as they can come to the UK as a student or child visitor (if under 18). Read more about Visitors Visas.

    As from February 2013 eligible UK higher education institutions and companies can become endorsing bodies to support Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) applications, although this is subject to an annual limit (2,000 applications for 2013-2014).

    Read more about High-Value Migrant Tier 1 Visas.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    How can IAS help?

    Sponsor licensing can be a complex process.

    Here at IAS we can assist with all applications for sponsor licensing, event sponsor registration, Tier 2 and Tier 5 Visas.

    Our services include:

    Assessing your eligibility as a potential migrant employer or employee

    Helping you understand your best options

    Assisting you with your application process for either a Sponsor Licence or Work Visa

    Preparing a Letter of Representation which will accompany any application you make

    Assisting you with your use of the SMS if applicable

    Advising you on the Resident Labour Market Test if necessary

    Providing you with written guidelines and a plan of action after any advice session

    Liaising with the Home Office where appropriate

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 20 offices across the UK, find a branch near you:

    Find a branch

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.