Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 2649 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Chalk Farm

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Chalk Farm, the Immigration Advice Service is here to help. With highly experienced immigration law specialists in all areas of immigration law, we have developed an outstanding reputation after many years of operation.

Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer.


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    How Do I Find an Immigration Solicitor in Chalk Farm?

    If you are looking for an immigration solicitor around the Camden Town area, it is vitally important that you only deal with suitably qualified individuals. Indeed, unfortunately, there are some who are offering professional immigration legal advice without holding the required accreditation.

    By law, anyone who is offering their services as a professional immigration legal advisor must hold the OISC accreditation (or a higher accreditation). Here at the Immigration Advice Service, our immigration lawyers are suitably qualified to offer professional immigration legal services.

    We are proud of our unrivalled professionalism, and the service we offer to our clients. In short, you can rest assured that with the IAS, you are dealing with immigration law specialists of the highest calibre.

    Can the IAS’ Immigration Lawyers in Chalk Farm Assist with UK Visa Applications?

    We deal in all areas of immigration law which, of course, includes all UK visa and immigration applications.

    At the IAS, we offer a specialist, industry-leading application package. With this service, one of our immigration caseworkers will work with you through the entire visa application process. With many years of experience in the field of immigration law, our specialists know what it takes to formulae a successful visa application. If you choose to enlist our services, you will maximise your chances of receiving the successful outcome you are seeking.

    Your Chalk Farm immigration lawyer will assess your circumstances and ascertain which documents you will need to include in your portfolio of documentary evidence. They will also complete your visa application form with you, ensuring that it adheres to strict Home Office administrative standards before submission.

    Once your portfolio of documents has been sent to the Home Office, we will liaise with UK immigration officials throughout the processing stage, keeping you updated on the application’s progress.

    The IAS is here to help you achieve your desired immigration result. For more information on our application package and all the services we offer, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    The Spouse Visa is one of the most sought-after UK visas. It is an immigration permission for the spouse/civil partner of UK citizens and those with settled status in the UK. The Spouse Visa lasts for 30 months and it can be extended for a further 30 months.

    The Spouse Visa has notoriously stringent conditions which applicants need to meet in order to be considered for the visa.

    The most fundamental requirement is that the applicant must be in a genuine marriage/civil partnership with their UK-based partner. This must be proved through an officially recognised document, such as a marriage certificate.

    The other main requirements for a Spouse Visa are as follows:

    • You are in a ‘genuine relationship’ with your partner. Evidence of a shared bank account/savings could be sufficient for this requirement
    • You must have physically met your partner at least once
    • You must have a combined income of at least £18,600. For each dependent child, the financial requirement increases by £2,400
    • You must have a suitable accommodation set-up in the UK
    • You must prove that you possess an English language ability of at least A1 if you are not from an English-speaking country

    If you need any assistance with the Spouse Visa application, the IAS is here for you. Please call us now on 0330 433 1213 for more information on the Spouse Visa and its requirements.

    When Will I Receive Settled Status in the UK?

    Settled status refers to a person who has permanent residence status in the UK. This means that they can live in the UK without any immigration conditions imposed on them. Typically, you can receive settled status after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK.

    You will need to complete an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in order to receive this status (it’s not automatic). If you are granted with Indefinite Leave to Remain status, this means you have settled status. Also, after you have lived for a year under ILR status, you will be able to apply for British citizenship.

    In certain circumstances, it might take longer for a person to be eligible for settled status. On the other hand, some may be eligible for settled status after less time, such as those who have been living in the UK with an Investor Visa.

    Did you know our immigration lawyers in Chalk Farm can help with Family Visa applications? 

    Located in North London just near Camden Town, our dedicated team of immigration lawyers in Chalk Farm are here to help you.  

    Our OISC-certified and trained immigration specialists assist with all types of Family Visa applications, including Spouse Visa, Fiancé Visa, Unmarried Partner Visa, Child Dependent Visa and Adult Dependent Visa. Our Chalk Farm immigration lawyers will not only ensure you meet the eligibility requirements of your UK Family Visa but will even help you build a portfolio of supporting evidence. 

    If you need Family Visa application help and advice, do not hesitate to get in touch with our Chalk Farm immigration lawyers today. 

    Did you know we also have offices in central LondonBirminghamManchester and many other locations throughout the UK and Ireland? The IAS is here for you wherever you might be located.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Yes, we are here to offer support and guidance with any immigration query, regardless of its complexity. As well as standard visa and immigration application assistance, we can offer support to asylum seekers and those who have been detained in immigration centres. We also provide full support to those who wish to challenge a Home Office decision.

    The ideal package for those who need immigration advice is our advice package. You will have an untimed session with one of our immigration lawyers, during which you can discuss your situation and ask any questions you have.

    Your immigration specialist will assess your situation and advise you on the best possible course of action to take to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about our application package.

    There is no set timescale for the processing of visa applications. Ultimately, the processing time all depends on the particular nature of the application and the applicant’s circumstances. For instance, the Home Office may require additional information from the applicant which will delay the processing.

    That being said, for most visa applications, the Home Office states that they will be processed within eight weeks.

    If your application is time sensitive, there are two options to speed up the process. The priority service costs an additional £500 and the turnaround is five working days. If you opt for the super priority service, your application will be processed within one working day, at an additional cost of £800.

    Here at the IAS, we offer a Fast-track application package which is designed for those who need a quick turnaround on their application. An immigration caseworker will work tirelessly to complete your application as quickly as possible, before submitting the application to the Home Office.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you wish to travel to London, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa. This visa is valid for six months, offering ample time to explore London and other areas of the UK.

    To be eligible, you must meet the following fundamental conditions:

    • Proof that you will leave the UK within the time frame of your visa
    • Able to show that you can pay for your return/onward journey if return/onward ticket not already bought
    • Able to financially support yourself and any dependents

    For expert guidance on the UK Visitor Visa application process, please call our immigration legal specialists now on 0330 433 1213.