Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 2649 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Chelsfield

If you are looking for immigration advice and assistance, our Chelsfield immigration lawyers are here to help. With an unrivalled level of experience, we are proud of the exceptional service we offer to our clients.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer. 


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Chelsfield?

    There is not requirement by law to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend that you do so. UK immigration law is notoriously complex and, unfortunately, visa rejections are extremely common.

    With an experienced immigration professional working on your application, you will give yourself the best possible chance of receiving a positive outcome.

    I Want to Hire an Overseas National. Can your Immigration Lawyers in Chelsfield Help?

    Yes, the IAS can offer comprehensive legal immigration advice and assistance to UK businesses. In fact, we have a specialist business support package which is designed specifically for businesses.

    If you wish to hire a foreign national, the first thing you will need to do as a business is apply for a sponsorship licence. You must be granted with a sponsor licence to hire overseas nationals.

    Once you have received the sponsor licence, you can then begin to start assigning certificates of sponsorship to your prospective employees. You will need to provide the unique certificate of sponsorship number to the employee, as they will need this to apply for a work visa.

    You will need to undertake certain responsibilities as the employer of overseas employers. These include:

    • Checking that your international employees have the necessary skills and qualifications to do their jobs
    • Only assigning certificates of sponsorship to workers who are suitable for the job
    • Keeping copies of your workers’ professional accreditations
    • Informing the authorities if your sponsored workers are not complying with the conditions of their visa

    You must also appoint certain people within the business to manage the Sponsorship Management System.

    The process of hiring an overseas national is a lengthy and complicated one. If you would like to speak to us about the process of hiring an overseas national, including sponsorship licences, certificates of sponsorship and your responsibilities as an employer, our immigration specialists are here to help. Please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    If you are married or in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or person with settled status, you could be eligible for the Spouse Visa.

    The Spouse Visa affords you the right to live in the UK for up to two and a half years, and it can be extended for a further two and a half years. You can study in the UK under a Spouse Visa, and you have full access to the job market too.

    There are a number of requirements which you must fulfil in order to be considered for a Spouse Visa. The main requirements for a Spouse Visa are as follows:

    • Must be at least 18-years-old
    • Must have a valid passport
    • Must be legally married/ in a civil relationship with your UK partner. You must have a valid marriage/civil partnership certificate which is recognised by UK law
    • Proof that you have cohabited for at least two years
    • Demonstrate the intention to live in the UK together. You must have suitable accommodation
    • Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600/sufficient savings. The minimum income threshold rises by £2,400 for each dependent

    If you wish to apply for a Spouse Visa, we can offer full support and assistance with our application package. One of our immigration caseworkers will work with you to complete a Spouse Visa application of the very highest standard.

    We are highly experienced in dealing with Spouse Visa applications and understand what it takes to formulate a successful application. Through enlisting our services, you will maximise your chances of achieving the outcome you are looking for.

    To find out more about our application, call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    I need help from an immigration lawyer in North-East London on a British citizenship application – can the IAS help?

    If you live in Chelmsford and you want to find an immigration solicitor in North-East London or Essex who can help you become a full British citizen, the IAS can assist you.

    Our team of specialist immigration lawyers is based around the UK’s capital, including in the North-East and in Chelmsford and the surrounding areas. If you need British citizenship advice in London then we can support you with this, and maximise your chances of success.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    We can offer support and assistance in all areas of immigration law. We deal with family visa applications, work visas, short stay visas, settlement applications and we offer assistance to UK businesses who wish to hire overseas nationals. We also offer full legal support to asylum seekers and those who have been detained.

    The IAS offers a number of specialist packages:

    • Advice package: For expert, professional immigration legal advice
    • Application package: This is for those who would like to work with an immigration lawyer to complete their UK immigration application to the highest standard
    • Fast track application package: This is for those who need their application completed by a professional as quickly as possible
    • Document & application check: One of our immigration caseworkers will assess your immigration application
    • Appeal package: For those who wish to contend a Home Office decision, either through an administrative review or full legal appeal
    • Emergency advice for asylum seekers or for those who have been detained

    Please call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out how we can help you.

    This depends on the UK visa you are living under. Typically, short-stay visas, lasting up to 12-months, cannot be extended. However, many long-term visas such as Spouse Visas, Skilled Worker visas and Tier 1 visas can be extended.

    If you wish to remain in the UK and your current immigration status cannot be extended, you must apply for another UK immigration application/permission.

    Yes, the IAS offers the full spectrum of our services remotely. We can speak with you either on the phone or online over Skype, with no compromise on our exceptional service.