Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Childs Hill

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Childs Hill, the Immigration Advice Service can help. With an unrivalled level of expertise, our immigration specialists can offer assistance in all areas of immigration law.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about all the services we offer.


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    I want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Childs Hill?

    It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, if you want to give yourself the best possible chance of securing your UK visa, it is in your interest to hire an immigration legal professional to complete your application.

    Unfortunately, visa rejections are common. Choosing to hire an immigration lawyer could be the difference between securing your visa and receiving a visa rejection. Over the long run, you could save yourself a lot of time and money by having an immigration lawyer by your side from the start.

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we offer a specialist application package. With this service, one of our immigration specialists will work with you to formulate your visa application to the very highest standard.

    We will pair you with an immigration caseworker who is experienced in the area of immigration law which your case relates to. They will take the time to understand your specific circumstances and will advise you on the documents which you will need to include in your portfolio of evidence. They will also complete your application form, ensuring it adheres to all necessary administrative standards set by the Home Office.

    Once your application has been submitted, your immigration caseworker will liaise with the Home Office throughout the processing stage and will keep you updated on the application’s progress.

    Whether your visa application is for a Spouse Visa, Tier 2 work visa, student visa or if you are looking for advice on hiring foreign nationals, the IAS can help.

    Please call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about our application package.

    Do Your Immigration Lawyers in Childs Hill Offer Support with British Citizenship Applications?

    If you are looking to become a British citizen, the IAS can help you with the British citizenship application and maximise your chances of securing citizenship. We are extremely well versed in the application process for British citizenship.

    In order to be eligible for British citizenship, you must have spent at least one year living in the UK under Indefinite Leave to Remain status. This is a form of permanent residence which can be applied for after you have spent a certain period of time lawfully living in the UK, typically five years.

    The main requirements for British citizenship are as follows:

    • Must be aged 18 or over
    • Must have held Indefinite Leave to Remain for at least 12 months
    • Must have been a continuous resident for at least six years
    • Must not have spent more than 90 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period and no more than 450 days in total during your UK residency
    • Must be able to prove that you speak English to at least a B1 level if you are from a non-English-speaking country
    • Must be of good character
    • Achieved a pass in the Life in the UK test

    As a British citizen, you will be able to apply for a British passport and enjoy the full benefits of British citizenship.

    For more information on how we can help you become a British citizen, please do not hesitate to call us on 0330 433 1213.

    How Do I Get a UK Work Visa?

    If you wish to work in the UK, you will need to apply for a form of work visa if you are from a non-EEA country. Also, you must have been offered a position in a UK company to be eligible to apply for a work visa.

    There are two types of work visas: Tier 2 and Tier 5. Tier 2 visas are for those who have been offered a long-term position in a UK company, whereas Tier 5 visas are for those who are looking to start short-term work in the UK.

    There are four different types of Tier 2 visas:

    Tier 2 visas can usually be extended, and they count as reckonable residence towards permanent residence and British citizenship.

    The Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa typically lasts for up to twelve months and cannot usually be extended.

    As well as providing services to those based in Child Hill, we also have offices located across the UK, including in LondonManchester, and Birmingham. You can also use the office finder to find your nearest branch.

    For expert guidance on UK work visas, please do not hesitate to call us on 0330 433 1213.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    If you are a non-EEA national, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa to visit the UK as a tourist. Typically, this visa enables you to stay in the UK for up to six months and you will be able to travel throughout the UK as a tourist and/or to visit family and friends.

    Generally, this visa cannot be extended. If you want to stay in the UK for longer, you will need to apply for another form of immigration permission.

    Yes — our Childs Hill lawyers, who offer immigration advice in East and North London, can help you if you want to apply for a British Fiance Visa.

    We can support you with one-off advice sessions, full application support, and appeal representation under all Family and Partner Visa categories. If you are living near Childs Hill and you want to find an East London immigration who can help you, get in touch with us.

    Yes, if you cannot meet us in one of our offices, we can consult with you remotely. We offer appointments either over the phone or online over Skype.