Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Chislehurst

Do you need an immigration lawyer in Chislehurst? Our immigration legal experts are here to provide expert help and assistance in all areas of immigration law.

Speak to our client care team on 0330 433 1213 to find out more. 


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    I Want to Work in the UK. Do I Need to Hire a Chislehurst Immigration Solicitor?

    If you are a non-EEA national, you will need to apply for a UK work visa to work in the UK.

    Whilst it is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor when applying for a UK visa, we highly recommend doing so.

    Through hiring an immigration legal professional, you will give yourself the best possible chance of securing you work visa.

    Unfortunately, visa rejections are extremely common. A professional can assist you with your UK visa application and ensure that is up to the required standard. Ultimately, through enlisting the services of an immigration law firm, you could save yourself a lot of time and money in the long-run.

    What are the Different UK Work Visas?

    You must have received a job offer from a UK company which holds a sponsorship licence.

    There are two types of UK work visas: Tier 2 and Tier 5. Tier 2 visas are for those entering long-term employment in the UK, whereas the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa is for those entering short-term positions.

    There are different visas within the Tier 2 category, and they are as follows:

    There is no set period for the expiration date of Tier 2 visas, but generally you can remain in the UK for up to five years under a Tier 2 visa. They can also be extended.

    The Tier 5 visa, on the other hand, typically only lasts for up to twelve months. If you wish to remain in the UK after the twelve months, you will need to apply for another form of immigration permission.

    To find out more about the UK work visas, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    Do Your Immigration Lawyers in Chislehurst Assist With British Citizenship Applications?

    Yes, here at the Immigration Advice Service, we provide assistance with all immigration applications which, of course, includes British citizenship applications.

    Generally speaking, you will be able to apply for British Citizenship after you have spent six years lawfully living in the UK, including one year under Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

    The main requirements for British citizenship are:

    • Must be aged 18 or over
    • Passed the Life in the UK test
    • Lived under Indefinite Leave to Remain status for at least one year
    • Must not have broken any laws or immigration conditions
    • Must not have spent more than 90 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period during residency in the UK
    • Must be of ‘good character’
    • Need to prove that you have an English language knowledge of at least a B1 level if not from an English-speaking-country

    Here at the IAS, we have a specialist application package which is the ideal option if you are looking to apply for British citizenship.

    With our application package, we will pair you with one of our Chislehurst immigration lawyers who will work with you throughout the application. They will take the time to understand your case and will advise you on the documents you will need to include in your portfolio of evidence. They will also complete your application form, ensuring it adheres to all necessary administrative standards.

    We have dealt with countless British citizenship applications, and we understand what it takes to formulate a successful application. With our help at hand, you will maximise your chances of securing British citizenship.

    As a British citizen, you will be able to apply for a British passport and enjoy the full benefits of citizenship.

    As well as providing services to those based in Chislehurst, we also have offices located across the UK, including in LondonManchester, and Birmingham. You can also use the office finder to find your nearest branch.

    For more information on how we can help you become a British citizen, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we can absolutely help you with your Fiancé Visa and subsequent Spouse Visa application.  

    If you are engaged to a British Citizen or someone in the UK with Settled Status, you must intend on marrying in the UK in order to be eligible for a UK Fiance Visa. In addition, you must meet the Minimum Income Requirement (MIR) and accommodation requirement if you want to live permanently in the UK with your newlywed partner. 

    Fortunately, our Chislehurst immigration lawyers can help you throughout the Fiancé Visa application process and can even help you transition onto a UK Spouse Visa after marriage.

    Contact us today to find out more about our Fiancé Visa and Spouse Visa advice packages. 

    If you are a non-EEA national, you will need to apply for a visa to visit London, even if it will only be for a short period.

    You will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa which lasts for six months and enables you to travel throughout the United Kingdom as a tourist and to visit family and friends for up to six months.

    If you cannot meet us at one of our offices, this is no barrier to getting in touch with us. We can offer you our services either on the phone or online over Skype.

    Wherever you are in the world and whatever your immigration query, the IAS is here to help you.