Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

16 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews
Immigration Lawyers in the City of London

Immigration Lawyers in the City of London

The Immigration Advice Service can be found in the historic heart of London. If you’re in the capital and in need of immigration assistance, we’re here for you. Helping others is what we do. Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Fill out the form

I would like to move to the UK for work reasons. Can immigration lawyers in the City of London help me apply for a Tier 2 Work Visa?

For skilled workers from outside of the EEA, a Tier 2 Work Visa must be applied for if you wish to move to the UK for work. Tier 2 Work Visa applicants have usually been offered a permanent position to work for a company based in the UK. Further to this, the Tier 2 Work Visa is also applicable to those who are being transferred to a UK company by their overseas employer.

A points-based system (PBS) is used to calculate a person’s eligibility for a Tier 2 Visa. In order to qualify, you must score a minimum of 70 points. The UK Tier 2 Visa is usually for skilled workers who earn a minimum salary of £30,000 a year for those classed as ‘experienced’ workers. If you satisfy the earnings eligibility criteria, you will also be required to have sponsorship from the employer you intend to work for in the UK. This must take the form of a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ relative to the position you are being offered. At IAS, we understand that your career is hugely important. As a result, we strive to do everything we possibly can to make the Tier 2 Work Visa process as simple and stress-free as possible.

To apply for a Tier 2 Visa, you will need to meet the 70-point requirement by having:

  • 50 points for a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship;
  • 10 points for proof of English language ability; and
  • 10 points for adequate maintenance funds – the amount of maintenance required changes if you are applying with dependents.

I want to apply for a Visitor Visa. Why should I contact IAS’ team of immigration solicitors in the City of London?

At the Immigration Advice Service, we understand the importance of seeing the world. A Visitor Visa makes this possible. From the wealth of history in the City of London to the bustling streets of New York, the world has so much to offer you. A Visitor Visa is also perfect not just for tourism, but for those who want to spend some time with their family overseas. A Visitor Visa usually enables a person to remain for up to six months. IAS’ team of immigration lawyers in the City of London are hugely experienced in Visitor Visa Applications. Whether you choose our Advice Package or Application Package, we will ensure that we deliver your intended outcome.

You will need to obtain a General Visitor Visa if:

  • you will need to travel to the UK for a short period (six months or less, usually) to visit friends, family, for a holiday, to conduct business, to study, to get married or for a special medical practice;
  • you can support yourself, including travel home after your visit;
  • you have proof of the reason you are coming to the UK.

You may be interested in reading about.

Frequently Asked Questions

IAS are somewhat unique in that we have offices located in all corners of the country. The benefits of this are enormous. No matter where you are based, you can organise a face-to-face advice session with one of our exceptional, OISC-qualified lawyers with ease. However, if you are not able to travel to one of our offices, a session can also be conducted over the phone or via Skype.

The City of London is the perfect place to be in if you need urgent assistance from a member of the IAS legal team. We are located right in the heart of the capital at London Bridge. London Bridge station, a major transportation hub, is within walking distance.

The office’s address is:

Immigration Advice Service

100 Borough High St,



Get in contact today on 020 3603 4989. We look forward to hearing from you.

Yes, our legal team are well-versed in Minister of Religion Visa applications. Falling under the Tier 2 Visa category, the Minister of Religion Visa is intended for religious workers who wish to move to the UK full-time for work. IAS offer both Advice Packages and Application Packages to help you get the outcome you want. The visa allows you to enter and live in the UK on the basis that you take on a position as a minister of religion, missionary or religious worker. Once granted, the visa lasts a maximum of three years and one month. At IAS, our team of expert lawyers can advise you throughout each stage of your application process for a Tier 2 Religious Worker Visa.

In circumstances where your visa application has been refused by the Home Office, it is possible to seek a Judicial Review of the decision. A Judicial Review is perfect for situations in which an initial appeal against the decision has not worked.

Our Appeal Package is perfect for those in this situation. In our Appeal Package, one of our lawyers will:

  • take detailed instructions from you about your situation;
  • discuss the appeal requirements of the UK Immigration Rules and how they are relevant to your case;
  • provide you with detailed advice on the merits of appealing against the refusal;
  • complete and lodge all the required appeal forms to a professional standard;
  • develop a detailed and comprehensive document bundle for the court outlining the details and merits of your appeal in chronological order, and why it should be accepted;
  • expertly represent you at the full hearing before the tribunal, and liaise with the appellate authorities for the duration of your appeal.