Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Colindale

Our Colindale immigration lawyers are here to provide support and guidance in all areas of immigration law. The Immigration Advice Service has developed an enviable reputation over the years for providing an exceptional service.

Speak to our client care team on 0330 433 1213 to find out more. 


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Colindale?

    It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend that you do so. Ultimately, through hiring an immigration legal professional, you will give yourself the best possible chance of achieving the outcome you are looking for.

    UK immigration is notoriously complex and unfortunately, visa rejections are common. One of the most common reasons for visa rejections is missing documentary evidence. An experienced immigration lawyer will be able to advise you on the documents which you will need to provide in your portfolio of evidence. Also, they will be fully aware of the Home Office administrative standards which all applications need to adhere to.

    The Immigration Advice Service is a highly experienced immigration law firm with a wealth of experience in the field. Whatever your immigration query, we are here to help. Our highly skilled OISC-accredited lawyers take pride in the exceptional service we offer.

    Please call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out how we can help you today.

    Do Your Colindale Immigration Lawyers Offer Support with Appeals?

    Here at the IAS, we understand that receiving a rejection letter can be devastating news. Your rejection letter will explain the reason/s for the refusal as well as the options you have if you wish to challenge the Home Office’s decision.

    If you believe your application was unfairly rejected, you might wish to challenge the decision. If you believe that a genuine mistake was made when your application was assessed, such as a piece of evidence not being taken into consideration, you could opt for an administrative review. With an administrative review, your application will be reassessed by a different immigration official.

    In certain circumstances, you might be able to lodge an official appeal. These circumstances are:

    • If refuse your asylum claim or humanitarian protection has been refused
    • If your protection status has been revoked
    • If your human rights claim has been refused
    • If you face being deported
    • If your British citizenship is being revoked
    • If you face being deported, or your status has been revoked under the EU Settlement Scheme
    • If your travel permit or family permit has been refused or revoked under the EU Settlement Scheme

    If you want to challenge a Home Office decision, whether through an administrative review or an appeal, the IAS is here to offer full support and guidance, including representation in court in front of the upper tribunal if you choose to lodge an appeal.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about our appeal package.

    What are the Requirements for a Tier 2 Work Visa?

    If you are a non-EEA national and you want to work in the UK, you will need to apply for a work visa. In order to be eligible, you must have been offered a position in a UK company.

    If you are entering into long-term employment in the UK, you will need to apply for a Tier 2 visa. The visas in the Tier 2 category are as follows:

    The requirements for the standard Tier 2 (General) visa are as follows:

    • Must have been offered a position in the UK from a sponsored company
    • You must have accrued at least 70 points on the points-based system
    • Can demonstrate that you have the financial means to support yourself and any dependents without relying on public funds
    • Must be over the age of 16 at the time of the application
    • Your job offer must meet the minimum salary threshold for the position
    • Hold a Certificate of Sponsorship
    • Have passed the ‘genuine vacancy’ test
    • Able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to the required level

    If your Tier 2 visa application is accepted, you will be granted permission to remain in the UK for up to 5 years and 14 days. You will be able to apply or Indefinite Leave to Remain status after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK.

    The IAS’ application package is the perfect option if you want to apply for a Tier 2 visa. One of our immigration lawyers will work with you to formulate your application to the very highest standard, helping you to secure your Tier 2 visa.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out how we can help you.

    Did you know that our Colindale immigration lawyers also offer?

    Our immigration lawyers in Colindale offer a full range of immigration services, from applications for British citizenship to Spouse Visa extensions.

    Our services are designed to secure approved applications. From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case to conducting a thorough documentation check to ensure that all of your supporting paperwork is in order, we go the extra mile in order to deliver success.

    We have offices in central LondonBirminghamManchester and many other locations throughout the UK and Ireland too. Wherever you are located, the IAS is here to provide expert immigration legal advice.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    In most cases, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK. This includes if you have been living in the UK under a Spouse Visa, Unmarried Partner Visa and Tier 2 Work Visa.

    However, you could be eligible sooner in some circumstances. For example, if you have been living in the UK under the Innovator Visa or Investor Visa, you could be eligible after just three years of UK residence, or even two.

    With Indefinite Leave to Remain status, you can stay in the UK without any restrictions imposed. After one year of living in the UK under ILR, you will be eligible for British citizenship.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you wish to visit London, you will need to apply for a UK visa.

    If you want to visit as a tourist or to see family and friends, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa. This enables you to travel throughout the UK for up to six months.

    We can help you with the UK Visitor Visa application process. Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more.

    Yes, if you cannot meet us at one of our offices, we can conduct consultations either on the phone or online over Skype.

    The Immigration Advice Service is here for you wherever you are located in the world.