Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Colney Hatch

Are you looking for an immigration lawyer in Colney Hatch? Our expert Colney Hatch immigration lawyers are here to provide expert immigration legal advice and assistance in all areas of immigration law.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer in Colney Hatch?

    I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire a Colney Hatch Immigration Solicitor?

    There is no legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, if you want to give yourself the best possible chance of achieving the outcome you are looking for, it definitely pays to hire an immigration legal professional.

    If you submit an application and it is rejected, you will not receive any refund and you will be required to submit another application. This means paying out more money and investing more time. An immigration solicitor can help you to get your application right the first time, potentially saving you time and money in the long-run.

    Our Colney Hatch immigration lawyers are OISC-accredited and experienced in all areas of immigration law including Family Visas, UK Work Visas, short-stay visas and Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship applications. We also offer immigration legal advice to businesses and provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained.

    Whatever your immigration query might be, the IAS is here for you. Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more.

    What Services do Your Colney Hatch Immigration Lawyers Offer?

    Our Colney Hatch immigration lawyers provide expert immigration legal advice and assistance in all areas of immigration law. We have developed an outstanding reputation over the years and we are passionate about the service we offer.

    We offer a number of specialist packages, including:

    If you would like to find out more about any of our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch now on 0330 433 1213.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    If you are a non-EEA national and your Spouse is a UK citizen or person with settled status, you might be able to join them in the UK under a Spouse Visa.

    The Spouse Visa is valid for 30 months and you can apply for a Spouse Visa extension which is valid for a further 30 months too.

    In order to be eligible for the Spouse Visa, you must fulfil a number of conditions and requirements. The main Spouse Visa requirements are:

    • Applicant must be at least 18-years-old
    • Must past the ‘genuine relationship’ requirement
    • Must be married/in a civil partnership with your UK-resident partner which is recognised in UK law
    • Must have lived with your partner for at least two years
    • Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. If you have dependent children, this increases by £3,800 for the first child and £2,400 for each child after your first
    • Must have suitable accommodation to live in in the UK
    • Need to be able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level

    Our Colney Hatch immigration lawyers can help you with the Spouse Visa application process. As a Spouse Visa applicant, you will need to provide substantial evidence to prove your eligibility. This is not to mention the application process, which is often a convoluted one.

    Our immigration specialists can help you to complete your Spouse Visa application to the very highest standard. With a wealth of experience, we understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about our Spouse Visa application package.

    You can get in touch with us at our branches in London, Manchester, Birmingham or one of our other locations.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Yes, our immigration lawyers deal in all areas of immigration law which, of course, includes short-stay visas.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you wish to visit the UK as a tourist or to visit family and friends for a period of up to six months, you will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa. This visa enables you to travel throughout the UK for up to six months.

    We can help you secure your UK Visitor Visa with our application package. We will complete your application form and help you to gather all required documentation for your crucial portfolio of evidence.

    To find out more, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    Typically, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK, provided your circumstances haven’t changed significantly and you haven’t broken any immigration conditions. You can apply for ILR after five years if you have been living in the UK under a Family Visa, Tier 2 work visa or Ancestry Visa.

    In some circumstances, you could be eligible for ILR sooner. For instance, if you have been living in the UK under a Tier 1 Innovator Visa or Investor Visa, you could be eligible for ILR after just three years of UK residency, or even two.

    The main requirements for ILR are as follows:

    • Must have been a continuous resident in the UK for the relevant period of time pertaining to your circumstances
    • During the qualifying period, you must not have spent more than 180 days outside the UK in a 12-month period
    • Must not have broken any immigration conditions or other UK laws during your UK residency
    • Must achieve a pass on the Life in the UK test
    • Must be able to demonstrate an English language ability of at least B1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in writing, speaking, listening and reading

    Yes, if you cannot meet us at one of our offices, we can arrange an appointment with you remotely. We offer appointments over the phone and online over Skype, with no compromise on our exceptional service.

    Wherever you are located in the world, the IAS is here for you.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to book your remote appointment today.