I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire a Deptford Immigration Solicitor?
By law, you do not need to hire an immigration solicitor to apply for a UK visa. However, if you want to maximise your chances of securing your visa, it is definitely a good idea.
An experienced immigration legal professional will understand the complexities of UK immigration law and can help you to get to the outcome you are looking for.
If your visa application is rejected, you will not receive any refund on your application. This means that you will need to pay the full fee again if you want to resubmit your application.
An immigration solicitor can help you to get your application right the first time, saving you lots of time and money in the long-run.
What Services Do Your Deptford Immigration Lawyers Offer?
Our Deptford immigration lawyers offer immigration legal advice and assistance in all areas of immigration law, including:
- Spouse Visas and other Family Visas
- Tier 1 Visas
- Tier 2 Visas
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- British citizenship
- Asylum cases
We also offer immigration legal advice and assistance to UK businesses who wish to hire foreign nationals, and full support to those who wish to challenge a Home Office decision through an administrative review or appeal.
We offer a number of specialist packages, which are as follows:
- Advice package: If you are looking for expert immigration legal advice, this is the option for you
- Application package: One of our immigration caseworkers will complete your application to the very highest standard
- Fast track application package: If you need your application completed as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
- Document checking service: One of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your application
- Appeal package: If you want to challenge a Home Office decision, we can help you every step of the way
- Immigration legal advice for UK businesses: If you want to hire an overseas national, you will need to fulfil a number of requirements and carry out certain duties
- Emergency support: We provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained
To find out more about any of our packages, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.
What are the Requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain?
In order to be eligible for ILR, you must have spent a certain number of years lawfully living in the UK, typically five years. This is the case if you have been living under a Spouse Visa/Family Visa, a Tier 2 work visa and the Ancestry Visa.
In certain circumstances, you could be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain sooner. For example, if you have been living under the Tier 1 Innovator or Investor Visa, you will be eligible for ILR after just three years of UK residence or in some cases, just two.
As well as the minimum residency requirements, you will need to meet the following conditions:
- During your qualifying period, you must not have spent more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12-month period
- You must have adhered to immigration conditions during your time in the UK
- You must not have broken the law
- You must receive a pass in the Life in the UK test – this is a series of questions based on the culture, customs and history of the UK
- You must be able to prove that your English language ability is at the level of B1 in speaking, writing, listening and reading as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
You will need to apply for a UK visa if you want to visit London, even if you only plan to visit for a short period of time.
The Standard Visitor Visa is the ideal option if you only plan to visit London for a short period of time. This visa enables you to travel throughout the United Kingdom as a tourist or to visit family and friends for up to six months.
You do not need to hire an immigration solicitor to apply for your visa. However, we highly recommend doing so in order to give yourself the best possible chance of securing your visa.
Call our Deptford immigration lawyers now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about how we can help you to visit the UK as a tourist.
If you cannot meet us in-person, this is no barrier to hiring our services. You can speak with us either over the phone or online over Skype with no compromise on our exceptional service.
Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to book you remote appointment today.
British citizenship is the final step on the immigration journey. As a British citizen, you will have full citizenship rights, including the option to apply for a British passport.
British citizenship by naturalisation is the most common route to British citizenship. You will need to fulfil a number of requirements in order to be eligible.
The main requirements for British citizenship are as follows:
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must have lived in the UK for at least on year under Indefinite Leave to Remain status
- Must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period during your qualifying residency period
- Must be able to demonstrate that your English language ability is at the level of B1 in reading, writing, listening and speaking as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Must have received a pass in the Life in the UK test
- Must be able to demonstrate that you are of ‘good character’
You will need to provide substantial evidence to prove your eligibility for British citizenship. We can help you with every step of the British citizenship application with our specialist application package.
Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more.