Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 2649 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Derry Downs

Are you looking for an immigration lawyer in Derry Downs? Our immigration legal specialists are here to provide expert immigration advice and application assistance.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    How Can I Find a Reputable Immigration Solicitors in Derry Downs?

    There are many immigration lawyers operating in south-east London. It can be difficult to establish a whether an immigration law firm is reputable or not.

    One way of establishing an immigration law firm’s trustworthiness is to look for the OISC accreditation. OISC is the official regulating body of the immigration advice industry. Any one offering professional immigration advice must hold the OISC accreditation (or higher).

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, you can rest assured that all our lawyers are qualified to offer immigration advice and uphold the very highest standards.

    We take pride on the fantastic service which we offer to our many clients in London.

    What Services do Your Immigration Lawyers in Derry Downs Offer?

    We offer a range of services to suit our client’s needs. Whether you are looking to apply for a Short Stay Visa or secure a long-term immigration permission, we are here for you.

    Our specialist packages include:

    • Advice package: If you are looking for expert immigration advice, this is the ideal option for you
    • Application package: One of our immigration lawyers will work with you to formulate your UK visa/immigration application to the very highest standard
    • Fast track application package: If you want your application completed as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
    • Document checking service: We will take a professional look at your application, ensuring it adheres to all necessary administrative standards
    • Appeal package: If you want to challenge a Home Office decision, whether through an administrative review or a full legal appeal, we are here for you
    • Immigration advice for UK businesses: If you wish to hire an overseas national, you will need to undertake a number of duties. We will advise you on the full process with this package
    • Emergency support: We provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained

    To find out more about any of our services, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0330 433 1213.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    If you are married to/in a civil partnership with a British citizen, you could be eligible for a Spouse Visa. However, the requirements for a Spouse Visa are notoriously stringent.

    The main requirements for a Spouse Visa are as follows:

    • Must be in a ‘genuine and subsisting’ relationship
    • Must have a marriage/civil partnership certificate which is recognised in UK law
    • Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. This sum increases by £2,400 for every child who will be living with you
    • Must be able to understand and communicate in English to a certain level

    As a Spouse Visa holder, you will be able to freely work and study in the UK.

    The Spouse Visa is valid for 30 months and you can apply for a Spouse Visa extension a further 30 months. After you have spent five years living in the UK, you will be able to apply for British citizenship.

    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    If you want to visit the UK, even if it is for a short period of time, you might need to apply for a visa. Those from countries in the EEA area or Switzerland will not need to apply for a visa if they are only visiting the UK for a short period of time.

    However, if you are from outside this area, you will need to apply for a visa to visit the UK. The Standard Visitor Visa is the ideal option for those who are looking to visit the UK for a short period.

    With this visa, you can remain in the UK for up to 90 days as a tourist and to visit family and friends.

    It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, it is something we highly recommend.

    Unfortunately, it is very common for UK visa applications to be rejected. One of the most common reasons for this is an insufficient portfolio of evidence.

    Through hiring a reputable immigration lawyer, you can be sure that your portfolio of evidence will include all relevant documentation. In short, through hiring immigration legal specialists, you will maximise your chances of achieving the outcome you are looking for.

    Individual immigration law firms offer a different range of services. Some immigration lawyers only offer a limited number of services, whereas others, like the IAS, offer support in all areas of immigration law.

    That being said, most immigration lawyers will offer support with Indefinite Leave to Remain applications. Here at the IAS, we are vastly experienced in applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain and understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.

    The main requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain are as follows:

    • Must have been lawfully living in the UK for a certain period of time, typically five years
    • Must not have breached any immigration condition (or broken any law) during your time in the UK
    • Must have achieved a pass in the Life in the UK test
    • Must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period
    • Must be able to prove that your English language ability is at the level of B1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in speaking, writing, listening and reading

    To find out how we can help you to secure permanent residency in the UK with Indefinite Leave to Remain, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.