Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Immigration Lawyers in Dollis Hill

Are you looking for an immigration lawyer in Dollis Hill? Our immigration legal specialists are here to provide expert immigration advice in all areas.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer.

What Services do Immigration Solicitors in Dollis Hill Offer?

There are many immigration solicitors operating in the North London area, with each offering a different range of services. Some immigration lawyers offer assistance in only a few areas of immigration law, whereas others offer a wider range of services.

Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we offer assistance in all areas of immigration law including Spouse VisasFamily Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship. We also offer full support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained, as well as to UK businesses who wish to hire overseas nationals.

You can rest assured that we will offer support and assistance with any immigration query you might have.

Get in touch now on 0330 433 1213 to discuss your immigration case with us.

What are the Requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain?

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a form of permanent residence. This means that anyone holding ILR status will be able to live in the UK without any immigration conditions imposed.

Typically, you must have spent at least five years lawfully living in the UK to be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, if you have been living in the UK under an Investor Visa or Innovator Visa, you will be eligible after three years or even two.

The main requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain are as follows:

  • Must have lawfully lived in the UK for a certain period of time, usually five years
  • Must not have been outside the UK for more than 180 days in a 12-month period during your UK residency
  • Must not have broken any immigration conditions during your time in the UK
  • Your English must be at the level of B1 as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in speaking, writing, listening and reading
  • Must achieve a pass in the Life in the UK test

You can apply for British citizenship after you have spent one year living in the UK under ILR, provided your circumstances haven’t changed significantly.

Do Immigration Lawyers in Dollis Hill Offer Support for UK Businesses?

If you want to hire an overseas national, there are a number of conditions which you must meet and duties which you need to undertake. The Immigration Advice Service can help you every step of the way.

Firstly, you will need to apply for a sponsorship licence. This is a necessary step which you must undertake.

You will need to assign people within your company to operate the sponsorship management system (SMS).

The roles are as follows:

  • Authorising officer: This must be a senior and competent person who will be responsible for the actions of staff and representatives who use the SMS
  • Key contact: Your main point of contact with UK Visas and Immigration
  • Level 1 user: Responsible for the day-to-day management of your licence using the SMS

If your sponsorship licence is accepted, you will be able to start assigning certificates of sponsorship to your prospective employees.

As an employer of overseas nationals, you will need to undertake the following responsibilities:

  • Monitor your employees’ immigration status
  • Track and record employees’ attendance
  • Keep employee contact details up to date
  • Report to UKVI if there is a problem
  • Keep employee contract details up to date

To find out more about how we can help you to hire overseas nationals, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

As well as supporting people based in Dollis Hill, we also have offices in London, Manchester, and Birmingham as well as many other locations throughout the UK. You can also check our office finder for your closest branch.

Table of Contents

Table of Contents will appear here.

Frequently Asked Questions

The Fiance Visa is designed for those who wish to get married in the UK and settle in the UK afterwards. The Fiance Visa offers a smooth transition to the Spouse Visa.

With the Spouse Visa, you can stay in the UK for up to 30 months and you can apply for a Spouse Visa extension for a further 30 months. After five years of residence in the UK under the Spouse Visa, you will be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

On the other hand, the Marriage Visitor Visa is for those who are looking to marry in the UK but not stay in the UK afterwards. It is not possible to switch from the Marriage Visitor Visa to another UK Visa when the Marriage Visitor Visa expires after 90 days.

There is no definitive answer to this question. Ultimately, it all depends on the immigration permission you live under in the UK.

The most common timeframe is six years of lawful residence in the UK (including one year of Indefinite Leave to Remain status in the UK). You can apply for British citizenship after you have spent one year living in the UK under Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

If you are from outside of the EEA area (or Switzerland), you will need to apply for a visa to enter the UK, even if it is only for a short period of time.

If you are going to be visiting the UK for up to 90 days as a tourist, the ideal visa to apply for is the Standard Visitor Visa. With this visa, you can travel throughout the UK as a tourist and to visit family and friends for up to 90 days.

Whilst you do not need to hire an immigration solicitor to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa, we highly recommend doing so. An experienced immigration lawyer will be aware of the common pitfalls to avoid with the application and, ultimately, will maximise your chances of securing your visa.

Here at the IAS, we are very well versed in short-stay UK visa applications. We can help you to secure your visa and begin an exciting adventure in the UK. Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out how we can help you.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.