It is absolutely not mandatory that you hire an immigration lawyer to apply for a UK visa. But with the complexities of the UK immigration system and the changes to a points-based system, it is highly recommended to maximise your chances of success.
Here at IAS, our team of over 50 immigration solicitors are dedicated to each individual client and know that each case in unique. You deserve tailored services to help you achieve your desired outcome.
Applying for visas can be time consuming and expensive, especially if you receive a rejection. By hiring a lawyer first time, you are less likely to have to submit a second application or make an appeal – making our services cost-effective.
You can choose our advice package, (usually around an hour) where you will be matched with one of our immigration solicitors who will take in-depth notes on your case, provide options and routes available to you and answer any questions you may have on what actions you need to take.
We are here for you. Contact our friendly client care team on 0330 433 1213 today to find out more and start your enquiry.
What are the requirements for British citizenship?
Confirming your British citizenship can be the last step in what has been, for many people, a long immigration process. There are many eligibility requirements you need to fulfil before you apply. Most importantly, you must have lived in the UK lawfully for at least five years under various types of visa, including a work visa, Spouse visa or other Family visa.
You can also apply for British citizenship by marriage, meaning you may only have lived in the UK for 3 years.
As well as the minimum residency requirements, you will need to meet the following conditions:
- You must not have spent over 450 days outside the UK over the five years time lived in the UK
- You must have adhered to immigration conditions during your time in the UK
- You must not have broken the law
- You must receive a pass in the Life in the UK test – this is a series of questions based on the culture, customs and history of the UK
- You must be able to prove that your English language ability is at the level of B1 in speaking, writing, listening and reading as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Demonstrate the Good Character Requirement – criminal record and immigration rule breaking checks
Attaining British citizenship means you will have full rights and responsibilities of a citizen and have no restrictions upon you, most importantly you will be able to leave the UK and return whenever you like without worrying about your status. The process can take up to six months and requires a lot of paperwork and document preparation; with IAS you don’t have to do so alone.
If you would like to know more about making a British Citizenship application, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 0330 433 1213.
What services do your North Cray immigration lawyers offer?
We offer immigration legal advice and assistance in all areas of immigration law, including:
- Spouse Visas and other Family Visas
- Tier 1 Visas
- Tier 2 Visas
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- British citizenship
- Asylum cases
We offer a number of specialist packages, which are as follows:
- Advice package: If you are looking for expert immigration legal advice, this is the option for you
- Application package: One of our immigration caseworkers will complete your application to the very highest standard
- Fast track application package: If you need your application completed as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
- Document checking service: One of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your application
- Appeal package: If you want to challenge a Home Office decision, we can help you every step of the way
- Immigration legal advice for UK businesses: If you want to hire an overseas national, you will need to fulfil a number of requirements and carry out certain duties
- Emergency support: We provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained
You must pay in full for your British citizenship application, otherwise you run the risk of it being rejected. The application for an adult currently stands at £1206 plus £80 for your citizenship ceremony.
Absolutely, we are always able to provide our same high-quality services remotely. We are dedicated to being as accessible as possible and we understand not everyone can meet us at one of our office locations. If this is the case, you can speak with us over the phone, online or via Skype call.
Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to book your remote appointment today.