Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Do you need an Upper Norwood immigration lawyer?

If you need immigration advice, our Upper Norwood immigration lawyers are here to help.

Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help and assistance. We’re here for you in person, over the phone and via Skype.

Do you need an Upper Norwood immigration lawyer?

What are the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) eligibility requirements?

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) forms the penultimate step in the UK immigration process. After a minimum of 12 months, an application for British Citizenship can be commenced. In order for your ILR application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:

  • You must satisfy the ILR residency requirements for your particular visa route;
  • During the qualifying period, you must not have spent more than 90 days outside of the UK in any 12 months;
  • You must have adhered to the immigration rules during your time in the UK. As a result, you must not possess a criminal record;
  • You must have passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a series of questions relating to the history, customs and culture of the UK;
  • You must hold a minimum B1 level of English language proficiency in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).

Failing to fulfil these requirements may result in the rejection of your ILR application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.

What documents will I need to provide as part of my application for British Citizenship?

British Citizenship comprises the final stage in the UK immigration process. Holders are completely free from immigration restrictions, meaning they can spend as much time as they want outside of the UK without being at risk of compromising their status. In order for your application for British Citizenship to be granted, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • Proof that you have been continuously and lawfully resident in the UK throughout the qualifying period;
  • Proof of your previous immigration status. This includes all visas held prior to becoming settled in the UK;
  • Travel details pertaining to any periods of absence from the UK during the qualifying period;
  • Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) card, or other proof that you possess Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) or settled status;
  • Proof of your identity and permanent residence status. This can take the form of your passport, birth certificate or any other travel documentation;
  • Confirmation that you are not a Person Subject to Immigration Control (PSIC) and that your leave to remain does not have time restrictions;
  • Evidence that you have been exercising your Treaty Rights in the last 3 or 5 years, depending on your circumstances;
  • Life in the UK Test pass certificate;
  • English language exam pass certificate.
Did you know that our Upper Norwood immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?

In addition to the services discussed above, our immigration lawyers in Upper Norwood offer our full range of service, from Spouse Visa application support to Skilled Worker Visa Extension guidance.

Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in South East London to receive our support.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, assisting with Fiance Visas forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service.

From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case to conducting a thorough document check to ensure you have all of your supporting paperwork in place, our services are designed to succeed.

Fiance Visa applications from abroad cost £1,523. If you are applying from within the UK, you will be charged £1,033.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.