Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Do you need an Upper Walthamstow immigration lawyer?

If you require immigration advice, our Upper Walthamstow immigration lawyers are here to help.

Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate advice and assistance. We’re here for you in person, over the phone and via Skype.

Do you need an Upper Walthamstow immigration lawyer?

What are the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) eligibility requirements?

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) forms the penultimate step in the UK immigration process. It enables the holder to live, work and study in the UK free from immigration restrictions, and access a number of key benefits such as free NHS healthcare. In order for your application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:

  • You must satisfy the ILR residency requirements for your specific visa type;
  • You must pass the Life in the UK Test- this is a set of 24 questions pertaining to the customs, culture and history of the United Kingdom;
  • Your time spent outside of the UK must not exceed 90 days in any 12 months during the qualifying period;
  • You must fulfil the ‘Good Character’ requirement- this means you must not have broken any of the immigration or hold a criminal record;
  • You must pass a recognised at English language test at a minimum CEFR proficiency level of B1.

Failing to fulfil the above requirements could result in the rejection of your ILR application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.

What documents will I need to provide as part of my Spouse Visa application?

The UK Spouse Visa enables the married partner of a British citizen or settled person to relocate to the UK. In order for the application to be approved, the following documents must first be submitted:

  • A valid passport;
  • A valid marriage or civil partnership certificate that is recognised in the UK;
  • Proof that your relationship is genuine- this can take the form of photographs, phone conversations, emails, Skype sessions, events attended together, video chat logs;
  • Proof that you satisfy the Spouse Visa financial requirements;
  • Proof that you satisfy the Spouse Visa accommodation requirements;
  • Proof that you have passed an approved English language exam (if applicable);
  • Proof that you and your partner have been living together for at least the past two years;
  • Proof that you are married to a British citizen or settled person (for example, UK citizens can submit a copy of their passport).

For more information on how to apply, get in contact today on  0333 305 9375.

Did you know that our Upper Walthamstow immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?

In addition to the services discussed above, our immigration lawyers in Upper Walthamstow offer IAS’ full range of services, from Unmarried Partner Visa advice and guidance to Skilled Worker Visa Extension support.

Whilst we love to welcome clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in North East London to receive our help.

We also have offices located across the UK, including in LondonManchester, and Birmingham. You can also use the office finder to find the closest branch to you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, assisting with Spouse Visa Extensions forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service.

From checking that you continue to satisfy the financial requirements, to conducting a thorough document check to ensure you have all of your supporting paperwork in place, our services are built to succeed.

The current fee for Spouse Visa Extension applications is £1,033. As part of the application process, you will need to have your biometric information recorded- this costs £19.20.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.