Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Do you need an Upton Park immigration lawyer?

If you require immigration advice, our Upton Park immigration lawyers are here to help.

Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help and assistance. We’re here for you in person, over the phone and via Skype.

Do you need an Upton Park immigration lawyer?

What are the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) eligibility requirements?

Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) forms the penultimate stage of the UK immigration process. It enables the holder to live, work and study in the UK free from immigration restrictions, and have access to a number of mainstream benefits including NHS healthcare. In order for an ILR application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:

  • You must satisfy the ILR eligibility requirements for your particular visa- this involves being lawfully and continuously resident in the UK for a stated period of time;
  • You must have passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a set of 48 questions that mostly pertain to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
  • The time you spend outside of the UK must not exceed 90 days in any 12 months during the qualifying period;
  • You must satisfy the ‘Good Character’ requirement- to do this, you must be free from criminal convictions and must have always adhered to the UK immigration rules;
  • You must have passed a recognised English language test at a minimum CEFR proficiency level of B1.

Failure to fulfil the above eligibility requirements may result in the rejection of your ILR application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited Upton Park immigration lawyers.

What documents will I need in order to apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa?

If you’re a non-EEA national who is in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a British citizen or settled person, an Unmarried Partner Visa will enable you to join your partner in the UK. In order for your application to be a success, the following documents must first be submitted:

  • A valid passport and two recent passport-sized photographs;
  • Evidence that proves you have been in a genuine and continuous relationship for a minimum of two years;
  • Evidence proving that any previous relationships you were involved in have come to an end;
  • Evidence proving that you live with your partner on a permanent basis;
  • Proof that you have satisfied the English language requirements for this visa type;
  • Proof that you satisfy the financial requirements for this visa- this can take the form of documents relating to your income and savings such as payslips and bank statements;
  • Proof that you have adequate accommodation available to yourself and your partner.

For more information on how to apply, contact our client care team today on 0333 305 9375.

Did you know…

Did you know that our immigration lawyers in Upton Park offer the full range of IAS’ services?

From Spouse Visa application support to British Citizenship advice and guidance, our lawyers are highly proficient in all areas of immigration law, and have a proud track record of securing approved applications for our clients.

You can also get in touch with us at our LondonManchester or Birmingham branches or at one of our other branches. Wherever you are located, the IAS is here for you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, assisting with Fiance Visas forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case, to conducting a thorough document check to ensure that all of your supporting paperwork is in order, our services are built to succeed.

If you are applying from outside of the UK, the Fiance Visa application will cost £1,523. If you are applying from within the UK, the Fiance Visa application will cost £1,033.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.