What are the Spouse Visa eligibility requirements?
The UK Spouse Visa enables the non-EEA spouse of a British citizen or settled person to join their partner in the UK.
In order for your Spouse Visa application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must be in a genuine and subsisting relationship with a British citizen or settled person;
- Your marriage or civil partnership must be recognised in UK law;
- You must have been living together in a relationship for at least two years when you apply;
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have adequate accommodation available to you, your partner and any dependents you intend to bring to the UK with you;
- You must satisfy the Spouse Visa minimum income requirement (£18,600 per annum);
- You must pass an accredited English language test at minimum CEFR level B1.
Failing to fulfil these eligibility requirements may result in the outright refusal of your Spouse Visa application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Did you know that our immigration lawyers in Wennington offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services touched upon above, IAS’ immigration lawyers in Wennington offer our full range of services, from British Citizenship by Marriage advice and guidance to Tier 2 Visa application support.
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in the capital to access our help.
Yes, providing assistance to Unmarried Partner Visa applicants forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From checking that you meet the financial requirement to ensuring that your supporting documentation is correct and well-organised, our services are built to succeed.
The current Unmarried Partner Visa application fees are as follows:
Applications made outside of the UK: £1,523
Applications made from within the UK: £1,033
If you intend to bring a dependent child to the UK with you, you will need to pay an additional £3,800- You will then be required to pay £2,400 for each additional child you apply for.
You will need to have your biometric information recorded- this currently costs £19.20.
If you are applying for an Unmarried Partner Visa from outside the UK, you ought to receive a decision on your application within 12 weeks.
If you are applying from outside the UK and need your application to be processed quickly, most visa application centres offer a Settlement Priority Visa Service. If you opt for this service, you ought to receive a decision within 30 days.
If you are applying from within the UK, you ought to receive a decision within 8 weeks.