What are the Tier 2 Visa eligibility requirements?
The Tier 2 Visa enables overseas skilled workers to take up employment in the UK. In order for your application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must have a job offer from a recognised Tier 2 sponsor;
- You must possess a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a licensed UK sponsor;
- You must satisfy the Tier 2 minimum salary requirement of £25,600 (or the going rate for their particular job);
- You must be at least 16 years of age on the date your application is submitted;
- You must pass a recognised English language test at minimum CEFR level B1;
- You must demonstrate that you can support yourself and your family during your time in the UK without having to rely on public funds;
- You must pass the ‘Genuine Vacancy Test’- this is used by the UKVI to check that your new role is appropriate for your skills.
Failing to fulfil the above eligibility requirements could result in the outright refusal of your Tier 2 Visa application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Did you know that our West Drayton immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services touched upon above, our immigration lawyers in West Drayton, London, offer our full range of services, from Spouse Visa application guidance to British Citizenship by Marriage advice and support.
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. With this in mind, you do not need to be based in the capital to receive our help.
Yes, providing assistance to Fiance Visa applicants forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From ensuring that you meet the financial requirements to preparing a Letter of Representation that maximises the strengths of your application to the Home Office, our services are built to succeed.
As it stands, the Fiance Visa application fees are as follows:
Applications submitted from outside the UK: £1,523
Applications submitted from inside the UK: £1,033
Once your Fiance Visa application has been submitted to the Home Office, you ought to receive a decision within two to three months.
For time-sensitive applications, a Super Priority Service is available. This will provide you with a decision on your application within one working day. It currently costs £800 (in addition to the standard visa application fee).