What are the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) eligibility requirements?
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) forms the penultimate stage in the UK immigration process. It enables the holder to live, work and study in the UK free from immigration restrictions, and provides them with access to a number of UK benefits such as NHS healthcare. In order for your application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must have satisfied the residency requirements for your particular visa type;
- You must have passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a set of 24 questions, the majority of which pertain to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
- You must not have spent more than 90 days outside the UK in any 12 months during the qualifying period;
- You must not have been in breach of any of the immigration rules during your time in the UK. It is also crucial that you do not hold a criminal record;
- You must have passed a recognised English language test at minimum CEFR level B1.
Failing to fulfil the above eligibility requirements could result in the outright refusal of your ILR application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Did you know that our West Hackney immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services touched upon above, our immigration lawyers in West Hackney offer our full range or services, from Spouse Visa application support to British Citizenship by Marriage advice and guidance.
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based in London to receive our support.
Yes, providing assistance to prospective Fiance Visa holders forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From ensuring that you meet the financial requirement to preparing a Letter of Representation that maximises the strengths of your application to the Home Office, our services are all-encompassing.
For Fiance Visa applications submitted from abroad, the fee stands at £1,523.
For Fiance Visa applications submitted from inside the UK, the fee stands at £1,033.
Under normal circumstances, it takes between two and three months to receive a decision on a Fiance Visa application. To increase your chances of a quick decision, you should ensure that your application form is completed and your supporting documents are well-organised.