What are the Tier 2 General Visa eligibility requirements?
The Tier 2 General Visa is aimed at overseas skilled workers who wish to take up employment in the UK. In order for your Tier 2 General Visa application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must have a job offer from a UK-based employer;
- You must hold a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from a licenced Tier 2 sponsor;
- You must satisfy the minimum salary threshold for your chosen role;
- You must have passed an accredited English test at minimum CEFR level B1;
- You must be at least 16 years of age on the date you submit your application;
- You must pass the ‘Genuine Vacancy Test’- this is used by the Home Office to check that the role you have applied for is appropriate for your skill set;
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are able to support yourself and any dependents you bring to the UK with you without having to rely on public funds.
Failing to fulfil these requirements could result in the outright refusal of your Tier 2 General Visa. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 to begin the process.
Did you know that our West Hampstead immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services touched upon above, our immigration lawyers in West Hampstead, London, offer our full range of services, from Spouse Visa application support to British Citizenship by Marriage advice and guidance.
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be provided over the phone and via Skype. Because of this, you do not need to visit us in person to receive our support.
Yes, providing assistance to Unmarried Partner Visa applicants forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From preparing a Letter of Representation that maximises the strengths of your application to the Home Office, to conducting a thorough document check to ensure you have all of your supporting paperwork in place, our services are designed to succeed.
At present, the Unmarried Partner Visa fees are as follows:
Applications made outside the UK: £1,523
Applications made inside the UK: £1,033
Under normal circumstances, you ought to receive a decision on your Unmarried Partner Visa application within two to three months. To receive a decision on your application as soon as possible, you should make sure that you have organised all of your supporting documentation correctly and submitted every document that is required of you.