Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Whetstone

If you are looking for a qualified immigration lawyer in Whetstone, the Immigration Advice Service is here to help.

To find out how we can help you with you, contact IAS today on 0330 433 1213.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Immigration lawyers in Whetstone

    I want to apply for a Student Visa; can your immigration lawyers in Whetstone help me?

    Absolutely. If you wish to study in the UK for a qualification in a recognised British institution you will need to apply for a Student Visa. As of October 2020, this is now the ‘Student Route’ for all EU/EEA nationals to study after 1st January 2021.

    This will cover you to study for the duration of your university course if it is longer than six months. For shorter durations than six months, you should apply for a Visitor Visa.  It is imperative that the facility are licensed to sponsor you and you must already have an unconditional offer. You can also bring your family and children with you on this visa.

    Whether you simply require informative immigration advice with a step-by-step plan of action and an expert immigration solicitor to assess your eligibility, or whether you would like complete practical assistance with your Student Visa application – IAS has got you covered.

    There are many eligibility requirements you must meet in order to be eligible, such as proving you are able to support yourself financially while here and documents to prove your identity.

    We can help to provide this evidence to the Home Office, standing you with the best chance of success. To find out how we can help with your UK Student Visa, call our friendly client care team on 0330 433 1213.


    What is a Visitor Visa for Students? Can an IAS immigration lawyer help me apply for one? 

    A Student Visitor Visa could be the best option for you if you are only wanting to come to the UK for a maximum of 6 months to study.

    To apply for this visa category you must:

    • be at least 18 years old;
    • prove that you have sufficient funds to support and accommodate yourself in the UK during your course;
    • demonstrate that you can meet the cost of your return or onward journey from the UK; and
    • your course of study must be six months or under; or
    • if your course of study is an English course, the maximum course length can be extended to 11 months

    You can also switch from this onto a longer Student Visa if you wish after the initial 6 months.

    If you would like more information about potentially applying for a short-term visitor visa for studying or for leisure/business purposes, contact our client care team on 0330 433 1213 to make an appointment.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    If your application for any visa has been refused by the Home Office, which unfortunately can often happen, our team in Whetstone is here to help if you have been given the right to appeal. Your letter should let you know if this is the case.

    Our Appeal Package means you can get an appointment with an immigration solicitor, who will check over your documentation and supporting documents thoroughly for any errors and omissions. Often, missing supporting evidence can be the reason for an application’s rejection.

    If you don’t think you have the right to appeal, you could have other options open to you, such as an Administrative Review if you feel a decision made on your application was unfair.

    Contact our team for more information on any of the above services on 0330 433 1213.

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we offer a Document and Application Checking Service for those who have completed their own immigration application but who would like the expert opinion of a professional immigration solicitor.

    One of our dedicated lawyers will proofread your entire application and can provide guidance and advice regarding any potential areas for improvement. This can be vital in ensuring you have provided the necessary amount of supporting documentation and that your application is free of any key errors or inconsistencies.

    The Home Office frequently refuses applications due to inadequate supporting evidence – our Document and Application Checking Service may be the difference between a successful and and unsuccessful result.

    To speak to one of our immigration lawyers about your British citizenship application, call IAS on 0330 433 1213.

    Yes absolutely. We have offices in over 20 locations around the UK. However we understand that not everyone can come to one of our offices. Therefore we also offer all of our services remotely, both over the phone and via Skype calls.

    Whether you are based outside London in the UK or overseas, IAS is available for you.

    Call 0330 433 1213 to start an enquiry.

    You may be interested in reading about.