IMMIGRATION ADVICE SERVICE
JOB TITLE: FINANCE OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Accountant
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No line management responsibilities
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To manage the purchase ledger – invoices, credit notes, expense forms, payments, reconciliations
- To enter all payments on the office bank account – both purchase ledger and other payments and obtain missing documentation
- To input income received to Lawfusion
- To check billing from caseworkers and input the transfers to Lawfusion
- To assist in other financial matters as determined by the Assistant Accountant, Accountant or Head of Finance
- Check purchase invoices and credit notes , expense forms, petty cash reimbursements and obtain authorisation
- Post purchase invoices and credit notes, expense forms, petty cash reimbursements on Lawfusion
- Propose lists of purchase invoices, expense forms, petty cash reimbursements for payment based on their payment dates
- Post all payments on the office account to Lawfusion, allocating purchase ledger payments to invoices and obtaining missing documentation for debit card payments
- Reconcile purchase ledger accounts to supplier statements
- Deal with all queries relating to the purchase ledger or other payments
- Load Worldpay, paying in slip and special bank account receipts data onto Dropbox
- Identify case numbers and VAT details for all income and post sales invoices and receipts to Lawfusion
- Check billing from caseworkers
- Input billing transfers to Lawfusion
- Any other tasks related to billing and cases
- Assist in other tasks as requested
- Purchase invoices and expense forms for the month to be checked, authorised and entered in Lawfusion at least one week before the monthly management accounts are due.
- Invoices due for payment to be notified to the Accountant each week.
- All income for the month to be entered in Lawfusion at least one week before the monthly management accounts are due.
- Billings to be checked promptly and the transfers entered in Lawfusion.
- At least every six months contact suppliers for their statements and check that Lawfusion purchase ledger balances agree with suppliers balances. Prepare reconciliations as necessary and obtain and input any missing invoices.
- Assist with the office bank account reconciliation. Identify payments with no supporting documentation and email staff for the missing information at least once a month. Head of Finance to be informed where problems persist in getting the information.
All employees of IAS have a duty to –
- Work within the spirit of IAS Equal Opportunities Policy at all times
- Take due care of their own Health and Safety and that of others in their working environment
- Ensure that their work conforms to IAS Operations Manual and IAS standards of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sensitivity towards other cultures
- Experience of accounting software
- Practical experience in a finance office
- Financial qualification – finance/accountancy/business studies degree or part qualified AAT
The post will be at a salary of £14,000 and for an initial period of 12 months.
Completed application forms should be sent to Rheba Glazier.
IAS – Application Form
The closing date is 16th September 2014.