IAS is a national company providing advice, assistance and representation in matters relating to Immigration and Asylum Law. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) caseworker to be based at our Bristol Office. Please find the job description below.
Working hours: 9-5 (with some flexibility outside of core responsibility to clients)
Salary band: £22,000 – £30,000 28 days holiday
This is currently one of our smaller offices with a great developing office culture.
IAS are looking to grow this office, so there is also an opportunity for development in the near future for the right candidate.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Undertake casework and manage a caseload up to the level of OISC competence.
To provide written and verbal representation, including advocacy in court, for clients seeking assistance in the Immigration law field in accordance with the OISC Code of Standards
Preparation and management of applications to Home Office.
To advise clients regarding procedure and practice.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
- Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
- Meet specified casework and other targets as set by Supervisor.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using a computer for reference purposes.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework in order to meet IAS requirements maintain statistics and update Lawfusion Database, client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management.
- Maintain professional conduct, comply with IAS standards and uphold the integrity and reputation of IAS at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Management.
All employees of IAS have a duty to:-
- Ensure that their work conforms to the OISC Code of Standards as implemented in the IAS Manual, and other IAS approved policies and procedures.
- Work within the spirit of IAS Equal Opportunities Policy at all times.
- Take due care of their own Health and Safety and that of others in their working environment.
- Observe Client Confidentiality.