A Sponsorship Licence revocation is an issue by the Home Office to say that your business cannot continue hiring foreign workers. You will also lose the right to employ all current migrant workers once you receive the revocation.
If you are a Sponsorship Licence holder and you do not uphold your duties as outlined by the Home Office, you may be at risk of a Sponsor Licence revocation. This can result in heavy fines and a loss of reputation for your business.
How can IAS help?
Our expert immigration lawyers can help if you have had your Sponsor Licence revoked. We have a range of business immigration services to review your company’s operations and bring them up to Home Office standards. Make an enquiry online or call us on 0333 363 8577 for a consultation with an experienced immigration consultant.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
If you have had your Tier 2 Licence revoked, next steps would include:
- Responding to the Home Office within 20 days – you must acknowledge the revocation order as soon as possible;
- Seeking legal advice – the lawyers at IAS are experienced in corporate immigration and can identify and resolve your issues within the limited time frame given by the authorities;
- Resolving the issues the Home Office identified in your letter – with the help of an experienced lawyer, you and your staff can improve your practices so that you are operating within Home Office expectations;
- Gathering your supporting evidence if you are eligible for an appeal – your revocation order will inform you if you are eligible for appeal.
Since the time limit for appeal is so short, it is advised that you seek expert advice immediately.
As an employer of foreign workers, you must follow the strict guidelines imposed by the Home Office. If you have:
- not kept accurate records of your employees;
- incorrectly undertaken the Resident Labour Market Test;
- failed to inform the Home Office of major changes in your business; or
- there is a discrepancy with your CoS
these could all be grounds for revocation.
Identifying the issue will help you start the process of resolving it. The Home Office will include the reasons for your Sponsor Licence revocation in their letter. You should consult with management and personnel involved to address the issue and prevent it from happening again.
A Sponsor Licence revocation can have a huge effect on your business’ standing and reputation. You will lose all current migrant workers and may lose the chance to employ more in the future.
It could also result in heavy fines and a civil penalty.
Your Tier 2 employees will also need to find a new employer to sponsor their visa. This will need to be done within 60 days or they may face being asked to leave the country.
If you continue to employ foreign workers after a Sponsorship Licence revocation, you will be employing them illegally and could face further punishment.
Our expert immigration lawyers can help if you have had your Sponsor Licence revoked. We have a range of business immigration services to review your company’s operations to ensure you are enacting your sponsorship duties.
Our services include:
- Immigration Consultancy. We will tailor a consultation package for you to follow to ensure your business’ methods are working correctly.
- Immigration Audit. We will review your HR functions and advise you on how to use the SMS correctly.
- Sponsor Licence revocation appeal. We will provide legal representation for any appeal you make against the Home Office’s decision.
Contact us now by using our online contact form or calling 0333 363 8577 to arrange a consultation with an experienced business immigration lawyer.