Sports Visa UK (Tier 2)
A Sports Visa UK is a type of Work Visa under the Tier 2 category of the points-based visa system. If you are an international sportsperson or qualified coach you may be able to work in a sporting role in the UK with a Tier 2 UK Sportsperson Visa. This visa is applicable if you are recognised by your sport’s governing body as being an elite member of your profession.
This visa is judged as part of the points-based system (PBS) and is under the Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa category. It allows you to enter and live in the UK as a foreign national for a maximum of three years. This is provided you work within a role in which you will make an exceptional difference to your sport in the UK.
How can IAS help with your UK Sports Visa application?
Our expert immigration lawyers can help you understand if you are eligible for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa. We can arrange and organise your Certificate of Sponsorship and liaise with your UK Sponsor and Governing Sports Body. Our services also include thorough document checks and the completion of your application form. Contact us on 0333 363 8577 or make an enquiry online to arrange a consultation with one of our immigration lawyers on your UK Sports Visa.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
To be eligible for a UK Sportsperson Visa, you must be able to prove all of the following:
- you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach;
- you are recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the top level of your profession;
- your sport’s governing body is eligible to employ foreign workers and will endorse your visa application;
- your employment will positively impact your sport in the UK at an international level.
There is a possibility to extend a Sportsperson Visa in the UK and you can apply for this extension when your current visa is close to expiring. An extension will allow you to stay in the country for an additional three years if granted.
Yes – you can work or do voluntary work for a second employer while in the UK on a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa. However, this work cannot impact your role as a sportsperson and you must not begin this job until you have begun working for your registered sponsor.
Our team of expert immigration lawyers can help you find out if you are eligible for a Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa.
Our services include:
- approving your documents as sufficient before beginning your application;
- providing you with a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This letter gives details on the merits of your case and includes relevant UK immigration laws in support of your application;
- mediating with the Home Office during your application process;
- arranging and liaising with your UK Sponsor/governing sports body;
- ensuring your employer has correctly undertaken the Resident Labour Test;
- obtaining your Certificate of Sponsorship; and
- completing your application using the correct forms to the highest standard.
Contact one of our immigration advisers using our online enquiry form or by calling 0333 363 8577 now for tailored information on your enquiry and application for a UK Sportsperson Visa.