Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm

Find an office

20 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 7000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
4.7 rating 2649 reviews

UK Immigration Advice For Irish Citizens

Our immigration lawyers are experienced in helping Irish national move and settle in the UK.

Call us on +44333 305 9375 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    UK Immigration Advice For Irish Citizens

    Almost 670,000 Chinese nationals entered the UK last year alone. Since this is the highest number from any country, emigrating to the UK is clearly a desirable option for those living in China.

    If you’re interested in starting your UK visa application, we have answered some of the questions that we hear the most from those applying to emigrate to the UK from China.

    There are many types of UK visa, including for work, study, business and family. The lawyers at IAS are experts in every category and will be able to advise on your application and get you the right result.

    For advice on your UK visa application, use our contact form to get in touch with our team.


    Since Ireland is part of the EU, for most people considering emigrating to the UK, you will not need a visa before you enter the country.

    If you’re an Irish citizen looking to settle in the UK, we have listed some of our most common queries from

    uk settlement irish citizens
    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 2649 reviews Logo
    Advice Package icon

    Advice Package

    Need help with an immigration issue? Book a one-to-one advice session with one of our legal caseworkers.

    Application Package icon

    Application Package

    We can complete your visa application on your behalf, taking the stress and hassle out of the process.

    Fast Track Package icon

    Fast Track Package

    Need to submit an application quickly? We can help you complete and send it off in as little as 24 hours.

    Appeal Package icon

    Appeal Package

    Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal with our legal support and guidance.

    Advice Package image

    The Advice Package

    With our Advice Package, you can book a one-to-one session with one of our legal team and receive bespoke advice tailored for your situation. We will review your case and give you expert advice on how best to proceed with your immigration matter. Reach out to a member of our team and book your session today.

      Fill out the form

      Request the Advice Package
      Application Package image

      The Application Package

      Our Application Package is designed to help relieve the stress of immigration applications. One of our legal caseworkers will help you throughout the entire process, including establishing your eligibility for your chosen route, completing your application form to the highest standards and organising your documents. We will then submit it and monitor its status on your behalf.

        Fill out the form

        Request the Application Package
        Fast Track Package image

        The Fast Track Package

        Our premium Fast Track Package is ideal if you need to submit an application quickly, such as if you need to meet a tight deadline. Our lawyers will work closely with you to see that your application is completed to the highest standards and ensure you get your application in on time, helping to take the stress and pressure off you.

          Fill out the form

          Request the Fast Track Package
          Appeal Package image

          The Appeal Package

          Visa appeals can be a stressful process, especially if you’re relying on a specific visa to be approved. Our legal team can help you navigate the whole process and maximise your chances of a successful appeal, working alongside you to reach a favourable result. We can also represent you in immigration-related hearings and tribunals.

            Fill out the form

            Request the Appeal Package

            We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Related pages for your continued reading.

              Frequently Asked Questions

              If you’re a Chinese citizen considering moving to the UK for more than six months, you may be eligible to apply for a UK visa. Because there are so many visa categories, you will need to consider your options and circumstances before deciding on which application you need to make. Receiving advice on which category would be best for you is important to getting a successful result.

              Each visa type will have different requirements. You will most likely need to prove your English Language ability for the majority of applications.

              The most common visa types for people emigrating to the UK from China are listed below, and each visa type has its own dedicated page on our website.

              If you have a relative in the UK with British Citizenship, settled or asylum status, you may be able to join them on a Family of a Settled Person Visa.

              This visa type often allows you to stay in the UK for up to 33 months, with a chance to extend your stay once it has expired.

              Although this is one of the most common visas we deal with, it has some of the most difficult requirements. You will need to be able to prove that your relationship to your relative is genuine and legally recognised and that you are a member of their household and intend to live with them.

              The Spouse Visa comes under the Family Visa but has slightly different expectations.

              If you plan on emigrating to the UK from China to join your husband or wife, you will need to enter the country on a UK Spouse Visa. Your spouse must be able to prove that they are a British Citizen or hold settled status in order to sponsor your application.

              The Home Office will expect you to meet very strict requirements to be granted this visa. You and your partner must be over 18 and be able to prove that you are in a marriage legally recognised in the UK. You will need to give evidence that you intend to live together and that you have enough space for your family to live.

              To ensure that you will not have to rely on public funds, you and your partner will have to meet the minimum income requirement of £18,600 for at least six months before you submit your application. This increases with each dependant child.

              If you have a long-term partner with British citizenship or settled status and wish to live with them in the UK, you will most likely need an Unmarried Partner Visa. This visa has slightly different requirements to the Spouse Visa.

              Like the Spouse Visa, you and your partner must be over 18 and be able to prove your relationship is genuine and subsisting. You will also need to provide proof that any previous relationships have ceased.

              You may need to provide proof that you intend to get married or enter into a civil partnership within six months of having your visa granted. You may otherwise be able to receive your visa by proving you have lived together for at least two years.

              The minimum income requirement is still £18,600, increasing with each dependent child you are applying with.

              If you are thinking of emigrating to the UK from China to study, the Student Visa will be your best option. This visa will allow you to study for three years for an undergraduate course and can be extended if you wish to continue with further studies.

              You will need to already have an unconditional offer from an institution in the UK and be able to pay your course fees and maintenance for your stay.

              When will I need my Student Visa?

              You will not be able to enter the country until your visa has been granted. We recommend applying at least three weeks before your course begins.

              Once you have your visa, you will be able to move to the UK a week before the start of your course.

              The Tier 1 Investor Visa is a common visa route for investors from China who intend to emigrate to the UK.

              This visa type requires the applicant to have access to £2million to be invested in UK businesses. The majority of this money must be invested within the first six months of being granted the visa.

              The lawyers at IAS are experienced in assisting prospective investors with their applications. We can also recommend an investment management scheme to ensure your money is invested in a way which supports your application.

              For prospective entrepreneurs, the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa allows you to enter the UK to start your business.

              Entrepreneurs are expected to have access to £200,000 to invest in their company, as well as proof of enough money to support yourself without access to public funds.

              You will also be subject to an interview by the Home Office. During this, your business plan will be scrutinised and assessed according to the ‘Genuine Entrepreneur test’.


              If you would like advice or more information on any of the visa types above, contact our team of experts today.