Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm
Contact Us

Study in the UK

A Student Visa is designed for both EU and non-EEA nationals who wish to study in the UK. Get in touch with our lawyers to learn more about our bespoke services.

Call us on 0333 305 9578 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

Read our 899 reviews

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS For Your Student Visa

    If you are planning to study in the UK, then our professional and caring team can answer any questions or concerns you may have.

    Our expert lawyers have experience in providing support to future students and helping build a successful application.

    Our dedicated immigration lawyers provide our services through a comprehensive and personalised approach. Benefit from:

    A personal immigration lawyer who can answer any queries that arise.

    Support in completing all application forms correctly by a fully accredited lawyer.

    Expert advice on how to avoid common mistakes that lead to a visa refusal.

    A comprehensive document-checking service to ensure the right paperwork is submitted.

    Regardless of what your personal immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    Study in the UK

    If you are an overseas national and you are looking to study in UK, obtaining a Student Visa will allow you to do this. The Student Visa is for adult students looking to study long-term whereas the Student Visitor Visa covers shorter periods of study.

    There are several different types of Study Visa which you can apply for. If you are looking to study within a UK Educational Institution, for any period longer than six months, you may apply for a Student Visa. Alternatively, if your course of study runs for six months or less, you can apply for a Student Visitor Visa.

    tier 4 student visa

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    How can IAS help?

    IAS have helped many international students get study visas and we can help you do the same. Our team of immigration lawyers will assess and advise on your eligibility for a UK Student Visa under the UK Immigration rules.

    We will professionally compile the required documentary evidence, complete the necessary paperwork and design a Letter of Representation in support of your visa application. Your tailored Letter of Representation will specify the merits of your case, reference supporting documentation and cite relevant law, all in support of your case. We will also liaise with your university/institution and the Home Office until a decision has been made.

    If you’re ready to take the first steps to study in England or study in London, get in touch with our team using our online enquiry form or by calling us at 0333 363 8577. We have offices in LondonManchester, and Birmingham, as well as in many other locations.

    Why study in the UK?

    The UK is home to some of the worlds best educational institutions, making it a popular destination for overseas students. With over 100 universities across the UK, you will be sure to find a place that fits your educational needs and will have a vast number of subjects to choose from. The UK educational academic standards are of high prestige, and this is recognised by employers and governments worldwide.

    As well as top-class educational facilities, the UK also has a vibrant student culture. Cities such as LondonManchester and Liverpool have large student populations and communities. Student life in these cities is exciting and welcoming, with a busy nightlife and many social events catered towards students.

    In the UK, degree courses also tend to be shorter than many other countries, with undergraduate courses usually lasting 3 years. There are also options for shorter 2-year courses. Individuals with degrees from UK universities also have a high rate of employability.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    The Home Office applies a points-based system alongside other category requirements in the Immigration Rules.
    You must be coming to the UK for your post-16 education for a period of six months or longer. To apply you will need 70 points on the points-based system. You can score these points by having an approved sponsor and offer to study on a course, meeting the English language requirement and meeting the maintenance requirement.
    If your application is successful, you are generally allowed to remain in the UK for the full length of your course and for a short time after. At this stage, you will need to leave the UK unless you have applied to extend your stay or are switching to another immigration category.

    If your course is six-months or less, you can apply for a Student Visitor Visa. This allows you to study in the UK for up to six months, provided you are at least 18 years old and can prove that you have access to the appropriate funds.

    More information on Student Visitor Visas

    Yes – any child between the ages of 4 and 17 years old is eligible for a Study Visa, under the child study visa category. To be eligible, they must provide evidence that they have been accepted into an independent fee-paying school.

    This application should be made from the child’s country of residence. The child can generally remain in the UK for the full length of their course and for four months after it finishes. After this, they must leave the UK unless they have applied to extend their stay or switched to another immigration category.

    Before you can apply for either a Student Visa or a Student Visitor Visa, you must first ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.
    For both visas, you will need to provide evidence of appropriate funds. These funds can be personal savings, loans, or grants but they must cover your maintenance fees. You must also provide evidence of an official offer from the institution which you or your child is intending to attend in the UK.
    Alongside this, the Home Office requires several identity documents and information on your background. You will also need a sufficient knowledge of the English Language.

    At IAS, we understand the importance of education and want to help you or your child receive the best available. We can also assist you if you are looking to find out more about the benefits of studying abroad.
    The application process for a Student Visa can be very complex. If you need assistance, our team of expert immigration lawyers can help.
    One of our qualified lawyers can assist you by:

    • advising on your eligibility for a study visa under the UK immigration rules;
    • ensuring your documents are sufficient for your application;
    • assessing the eligibility of your intended institution;
    • obtaining your CAS number and liaising with your Sponsor;
    • designing an accompanying Letter of Representation to your application. This letter specifies the merits of your case, references supporting documentation and cites relevant law, all in support of your case;
    • liaising with the Home Office during your application process;
    • completing each part of your application form to the highest possible standard.

    Contact us online now or call 0333 363 8577 free to speak with an immigration lawyer about studying in the UK.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 12 offices across the world, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us