Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Canada Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot

If you wish to move to Canada as a permanent resident, you can do so under the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program. The route allows foreign skilled workers to live and work in participating small communities across Canada.

Contact us at +1 844 290 6312 for more information about the program and how you can become a permanent resident in Canada. Whether in person, via phone, or online, we’re here to help you.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

    What Is Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot?

    The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) is a community-driven program devised to support economic development to smaller communities in Canada.

    RNIP program allows skilled foreign workers to obtain permanent residence if they’d like to live and work in one of these participating communities.

    Although there are community-specific requirements, every candidate must:

    • Have a genuine economic opportunity that alines with the community requirements
    • Fit the community’s economic needs
    • Intend to live in the community

    However, the acceptance decision lies with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

    Passenger arriving at destination

    Who is Eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot?

    You must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot:

    • Continuous work experience for at least 1 year (1560 hours) in the past 3 years in any of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) occupations. Alternatively, be a graduate of the recommended community’s publicly funded post-secondary institution.
    • Minimum language requirements: CLB/NCLC 6 for NOC 0 and A jobs; CLB/NCLC 5 for NOC B jobs; and CLB/NCLC 4 for NOC C or D jobs.
    • Minimum educational requirements: A valid high-school diploma, post-secondary certificate or degree similar to a Canadian equivalent.
    • Proof of your financial stability like a bank statement: Enough funds to support our establishment in the community.
    • Compliance with the specific community’s requirements.
    • Temporary resident permit (if applying from Canada).
    • Intention to live in your recommended community.

    If you’re eligible, you can apply for a valid job offer, after which you apply for the community recommendation and finally for permanent residence.

    Adult inside airport

    How Do I Apply For Community Recommendation?

    You apply for the community recommendation from its website. Here you get the guidelines for the application process and supporting documents (provide copies, not originals) for the specific community.

    Altona/Rhineland, MBwww.seedrgpa.com
    Brandon, MBwww.economicdevelopmentbrandon.com
    Claresholm, ABwww.claresholm.ca
    Moose Jaw, SKhttps://www.moosejawrnip.ca/
    North Bay, ONhttps://northbayrnip.ca/
    Sudbury, ONhttps://investsudbury.ca/
    Sault Ste. Marie, ONwww.welcometossm.com
    Timmins, ONwww.timminsedc.com
    Thunder Bay, ONhttps://gotothunderbay.ca/
    Vernon, BChttps://rnip-vernon-northok.ca/
    West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BChttps://wk-rnip.ca/

    However, there are requirements that cut across all communities, including the following:

    Proof of your compliance with all the requirements of RNIP.

    An eligible job offer.

    You can then apply for permanent residence if you successfully obtain a community recommendation.

    How Do I Apply For a Canadian Permanent Residence?

    You apply for Canadian Permanent residence by filling out a form on paper or online. Use the documents checklist form to ensure you didn’t miss out on any.

    Your application form should include the following information:

    • Additional Dependants/Declaration, if applicable
    • Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
    • Document Checklist (IMM 5987)
    • Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
    • Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
    • Schedule 1 – Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (IMM 5911)
    • Supplementary Information – Your travels (IMM 5562)
    • Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409), if applicable
    • Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada (IMM 5604), if applicable
    • Use of a Representative (IMM 5476), if applicable

    Also, your employer must fill in the IMM 5984 form: Offer of Employment to a Foreign National – Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot. You must include this form in your application.

    The Economic Development Organization of your recommended community must also fill in the IMM 0112 form: Recommendation from the designated Economic Development Organization – Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot. You must include this, too, in your application.

    After including all the relevant information and documents, you must pay the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot fees (about CAN$ 1,365) and then submit your application.

    It takes around 12-18 months to process the RNIP application.

    Our expert immigration lawyers can assist with your RNIP application.

    How Can IAS Help?

    The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a unique route if you wish to obtain permanent residence in Canada. However, you must intend to live and work in the country’s small communities as you offer economic immigration benefits to the residents.

    If you need someone to walk you through the RNIP application process, we’re here to help.

    Our specialist Canadian lawyer will assist in assessing eligibility, take you every step on the way, and ensure your permanent residence application goes through.

    Call us on +1 844 290 6312 for more information about our immigration services and how we can help in your situation.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 20 offices across the UK, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us