Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Ireland Immigration

Our immigration consultants are are highly-qualified and want to help you successfully apply for a visa to Ireland. Regardless of whether you want to visit Ireland short-term or you want to immigrate there permanently, we can assist.

Call us today on 0330 828 4151 to find out more about the services we offer and discuss your individual needs and goals.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS Ireland Immigration Lawyers

    When it comes to obtaining an Ireland visa or permit, IAS Ireland immigration lawyers are well-equipped to help you.

    With IAS’ track record of successfully helping clients visit or immigrate to Ireland successfully, we can help you achieve your goal.

    Our dedicated immigration lawyers provide our services through a comprehensive and personalised approach. With IAS, you enjoy:

    Compassionate support from an experienced immigration lawyer dedicated to your success

    Support in gathering supporting documents and completing a high-quality application.

    Confidence that your case is being handled by an experienced team.

    In-house document checks done by lawyers who are well-versed in Ireland immigration matters.

    Regardless of what your Ireland immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    Do I need a visa to travel to Ireland?

    If you are a foreign citizen and you are thinking of travelling to Ireland, you might have to first apply for an Irish Visa.

    You have to obtain a visa prior to arriving in Ireland if you are a citizen of a non-EEA country. There are many kinds of Irish visa you might be eligible for depending on your circumstances and the reason for your journey to Ireland.

    Citizens of the UK, EU/EEA member states, and citizens of Switzerland have the right to come to Ireland and remain there for up to 90 days without a visa. During this period they can work and study there freely.

    What are Short Stay ‘C’ Visas to Ireland?

    Those who are thinking of going to Ireland for up to 90 days should apply for a short-term visa to Ireland. Visas that allow its holders to remain in the country for up to 3 months, without the possibility of extension, are known as Short Stay ‘C’ Visas to Ireland.

    There are several visas that belong to this category so the specific one you should apply for depends on the reason for your trip to Ireland. You might be eligible for one of the following visas:

    If you are not sure which Short Stay Irish Visa you should apply for, talk to our immigration specialists. They can assess your circumstances and help you choose the right visa to Ireland.

    What are Long Stay ‘D’ Visas to Ireland?

    Foreign citizens who want to spend more than 90 days in Ireland have to obtain a Long Stay ‘D’ Visa to Ireland. These visas are intended for those who want to come to Ireland to work, study, or join a family member.

    There are several visas that fall under the Long Stay ‘D’ category. Depending on your circumstances, you might be eligible for one of the following visas:

    If you want to join an Irish family member in Ireland, there are several available routes. These include:

    Similarly if you want to come to Ireland on the Employment Visa, you have to choose one of nine possible Employment Permits.

    Our immigration consultants can explain to you in detail what are the eligibility requirements for each type of Long Stay ‘D’ Visa to Ireland.

    northern ireland

    How can I visit Ireland as a tourist?

    Citizens of non-EEA countries must apply for an Irish Visitor Visa to be able to visit Ireland for the purpose of tourism. If you want to explore Ireland or complete a short-term English language course, you should apply for this permit.

    irish immigrants

    This visa is a Short Stay ‘C’ Visa, which means that if your application is successful, you will be able to stay in Ireland for up to 90 days. While your visa is valid, you can travel around the country and enjoy your holiday there but you are not allowed to work.

    Certain non-EEA countries take part in the Short Stay Visa Waiver Programme which allows its citizens to travel to Ireland for tourism without having to apply for the visitor visa first.

    These countries are:

    • Belarus
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Montenegro
    • Russian Federation
    • Serbia
    • Turkey
    • Ukraine
    • Bahrain
    • Kuwait
    • Oman
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • India
    • Kazakhstan
    • People’s Republic of China
    • Thailand
    • Uzbekistan

    If you are not sure whether you need a Tourist Visa to visit Ireland, talk to our immigration specialists. They will explain to you in detail what the application process looks like.

    If you have any questions about your Irish Citizenship application, our team is happy to assist.

    How can I work in Ireland?

    To be able to work in Ireland, non-EEA citizens need to first obtain an Employment Permit and then apply for a Work Visa.

    Depending on your area of expertise, you might be eligible for one of the nine Employment Permits to Ireland, which are:

    • The General Employment Permit
    • The Critical Skills Employment Permit
    • The Dependent/Partner/Spouse Employment Permit
    • Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit
    • Exchange Agreement Employment Permit
    • Internship Employment Visa
    • Sports and Cultural Employment Permit
    • Contract for Services and Employment Permit
    • Reactivation Employment Permit.

    Each Employment Permit comes with slightly different eligibility requirements regarding your income, qualifications, and work experience. Once you receive your permit, you have to apply for a Long Stay ‘D’ Visa to Ireland.

    The Critical Skills Permit and the General Employment Permit are the most sought-after Employment Permits to Ireland.

    To be eligible for the Critical Skills Permit, you have to be a highly-skilled worker coming to work in one of specific eligible occupations that are in shortage one the Irish labour market. This permit is a path to permanent residency in Ireland.

    As for the General Employment Permit, almost all jobs are covered by it but you have to hold a job offer from an Irish employer and you need to have relevant qualifications, skills, and experience required for the job.

    How can IAS help me with my application for a visa to Ireland?

    Our team have expert knowledge of Irish immigration law and they are committed to business helping clients successfully apply for their chosen visa to Ireland. Regardless of whether you want to come to Ireland short or long-term, our lawyers can help.

    They will ensure that you choose the right visa for your circumstances and will help you prepare documents that prove your eligibility for it. Your advisor will guide you through each step of the application process from beginning until the very end, making sure that you do not have to go through it alone.

    Thanks to our consultants you can easily achieve your desired result and start preparing for your trip to Ireland. Moreover, getting assistance from an immigration expert can help you maximise the chances of your application being accepted.

    If you decide to go through the application process alone, you might make mistakes or forget to submit some of the required evidence. These problems can be avoided if you hire one of our specialists. They will review your application before you submit it so you can be sure that it has been completed to the highest standard.

    To find out more about how we can help, call us today on 0330 828 4151.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Before you start preparing for your journey to Ireland, you need to determine whether you need to have a visa to enter the country.

    If you are a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, or a citizen of Switzerland, you do not need a visa to enter Ireland. You just need to show your passport or national id and you can stay in Ireland without any restrictions for up to 90 days. After that you might be able to stay longer if you find employment or begin a study course.

    Those who are nationals of non-EEA countries, however, need to apply for a visa before coming to Ireland. If you arrive in Ireland without a visa, you will not be allowed in.

    There are 6 Irish immigration stamps, which indicate the terms of your immigration permission in Ireland. That means that they indicate what you can and cannot do in Ireland and how long you can stay in the country.

    For example, Stamp 4 means that you can stay in Ireland for a certain period of time, which counts as reckonable residence, and you have the right to work without having to apply for an employment permission.

    UK citizens have the right to move to Ireland freely without having to apply for a visa or meet any specific requirements. They can do so thanks to the Common Travel Area (CTA), which is an agreement between Ireland and the UK giving their citizens a number of rights.

    Generally, if you are coming to Ireland on a Short Stay ‘C’ Visa, you are not allowed to work. There might be some exceptions if you hold the Business Visa or the Atypical Working Scheme Visa, but still you will not be able to engage in full-time employment that requires an employment permit.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 20 offices across the UK, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us