Contact our Immigration Lawyers in Birmingham
The Midlands is proud to be home to many migrant workers and foreign nationals arriving from overseas to work, study or live with their families. With such a diverse ethnic community, it is important for the Midlands to have access to well-established, dependable and experienced immigration legal specialists.
The Immigration Advice Service offers an exceptional service to the people of Birmingham and the Midlands. Our immigration lawyers are here to offer expert assistance in all areas of immigration law, including Tier 1 and Tier 2 work visa applications, Spouse Visas and Family Visas, short-stay visas, student visas and settlement applications such as Indefinite Leave to Remain. Our Birmingham immigration lawyers also offer full support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained.
The IAS team in Birmingham is led by the exceptionally talented Zeenat Karim, who has vast experience in immigration law from visa applications, all the way up to judicial review matters. The team at IAS Birmingham is friendly and vibrant and has experienced success in all areas of immigration and asylum including complex appeal work.
Whether you hope to come to the UK for a short period, or permanently for work, studying or to reunite with family, the IAS is here for you.
Immigration Advice Service (Birmingham)GN House,
119 Holloway Head,
Phone: 0121 718 7022
Why Do I Need an Immigration Solicitor in Birmingham?
If you choose to hire the services of immigration solicitors, you will give yourself the best possible chance of securing the outcome you are looking for. This is because lawyers for immigration understand what it takes to formulate a successful application.
UK visa and immigration application fees are usually high. If you make a mistake on your application, you will not be refunded for the fee of the application. Over the long-run, the whole process could prove to be a very costly one if you need to re-submit your applications. This makes getting it right the first time extremely important.
Through hiring an immigration solicitor in Birmingham, you can be confident in knowing that your application and supporting portfolio of evidence has been completed by immigration solicitors who fully understand the UK immigration system.
Our Birmingham immigration lawyers are highly experienced and have dealt with all forms of UK immigration applications. We will ensure that your application is completed to the very highest standard and adheres to all necessary Home Office administrative standards.
All our immigration lawyers are OISC-accredited, giving you peace of mind that you are dealing with highly qualified immigration legal experts.
OISC is the official accrediting body of the immigration advice industry. OISC-accredited immigration lawyers have an in-depth understanding of immigration, family, settlement and asylum law.
Why Should I Choose the IAS’ Immigration Lawyers in Birmingham?
Our services are unique, in that they are entirely catered around the client. This means that no matter how unique or complex your case is, our immigration lawyers will tailor their services to meet your needs.
Our industry-leading application package is the ideal option if you want to submit a UK immigration application of any kind. We will assign an immigration lawyer to your case who specialises in the specific area which your circumstances relate to. Your lawyer will discuss the application process with you and inform you of what you need to do and the next steps to take.
One of the key elements of any immigration application is the collection of documents for your portfolio of evidence. We will help you to source, gather and compile all of your supporting evidence to form your portfolio of evidence. With a clear and comprehensive portfolio of evidence, Home Office officials will be able to process your application quickly. This means that there won’t be any delays in the processing of your application.
Once your portfolio of evidence has been fully compiled and is ready for submission, your lawyer will complete your immigration application form.
We will also write a letter of representation to support your application. This acts as a cover letter, and it directly pleads your case to the Home Office, drawing on evidence from similar cases and citing relevant legislation. The letter of representation indicates to Home Office officials why your application should be approved, and it greatly improves your chances of a successful outcome. Your caseworker will liaise with the Home Office throughout the processing stage and will inform you of the application’s progress.
What Other Services does the Immigration Advice Service Offer?
As well as our application package, we also offer a number of other services to those seeking immigration advice and assistance in Birmingham and the Midlands.
These packages are:
- Advice package. If you are seeking expert professional immigration legal advice, this is the option for you. This can act as the first step in your journey to securing your UK visa.
- Fast-track application package. If you need your UK immigration application completing as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
- Appeal package. If you want to challenge a Home Office decision on your application, whether through an administrative review or full legal appeal, the IAS is here for you
- Emergency support. If you require emergency immigration legal assistance, we can offer full support
- UK immigration advice for businesses. If you want to hire an overseas national, we can help you with the full process, including sponsor licence applications and the duties you must fulfil as an employer of a foreign national
If you would like some more information on any of our packages or services, please call us now on 0121 718 7022.
Does the IAS Offer Legal Aid in Birmingham?
Legal aid can help you to meet the costs of legal advice and representation in court or a tribunal.You could be eligible for legal aid if you can prove that you cannot afford legal fees.
Usually, you can apply for legal aid if you face being deported, if you or your family are at serious risk, such as domestic violence or forced marriage. Also, legal aid is usually available if you want to bring a case under the Human Rights Act.
Our Birmingham immigration lawyers can provide free advice and application support to those who are eligible for legal aid. These services are conducted in the same manner as our paid services, with no compromise on our exceptional service.
The IAS was an immigration advice charity up until 2011. Helping those who are most vulnerable is something we are deeply passionate about. We strive to provide high-quality services for those who are most in need.
You can meet us at our Birmingham office or, if you would prefer, we can speak with you remotely either over the phone or online over Skype.
Call us now on 0121 718 7022 to arrange an appointment.
What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?
The Spouse Visa is perhaps the most popular UK immigration application of all. If you are a non-EEA national who is married to/in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or person with settled status, you could be eligible for the Spouse Visa.
With the Spouse Visa, you can remain in the UK for up to 30 months, and you can work and study in the UK without restrictions. You can also apply for a Spouse Visa extension, which grants permission to remain in the UK for a further 30 months.
If you want to apply for a Spouse Visa, you will need to fulfil a number of requirements. The Spouse Visa upholds strict eligibility criteria and you will need to provide substantial evidence to prove your eligibility.
The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:
- You must be at least 18-years-old
- You must be married or in a civil partnership which is recognised by UK law. (You will need to provide an official marriage/civil partnership certificate)
- You have lived together for at least two years
- You can prove that you have adequate accommodation to live in with your partner in the UK
- You have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. If you have any dependent children, this sum increases by £3,800 for the first child and £2,400 for each child you have after your first child
- If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you will need to pass an English language test unless you are exempt
For expert guidance on the Spouse Visa application and the requirements which you will need to fulfil, please call us now on 0121 718 7022.
When Can I Apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain?
Indefinite Leave to Remain is a form of permanent residence. This means that with Indefinite Leave to Remain status, you will be able to remain in the UK without any immigration restrictions.
In most cases, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK. However, in certain circumstances you could be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain sooner.
After you have lived under Indefinite Leave to Remain status for one year, you will be eligible for British citizenship. At this stage you will be able to apply for a British passport and enjoy the full benefits of British citizenship.
The main requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain are as follows:
- Must have been a continuous UK resident for the relevant period of time
- During qualifying period, you must not have spent more than 90 days outside of the UK in any 12-month period
- You must not have broken any immigration conditions whilst you have been in the UK
- You need to pass the Life in the UK test. This is a series of multiple-choice questions based on the history, customs and culture of the UK
- If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you must be able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to at least a B1 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Languages
I Want to Hire an Overseas National. Can Your Immigration Lawyers Help Me?
Yes, the Immigration Advice Service can provide advice and assistance to UK employers who wish to hire and overseas national.
The first thing you need to do as a business is apply for a sponsorship licence. By law, you must have a sponsorship licence to hire overseas nationals. We can provide expert guidance on the sponsor licence application.
If your sponsorship licence is accepted, you will have access to a sponsor licence management system. You need to assign individuals within your company to manage this system.
This system will enable you to start assigning certificates of sponsorship to your potential employees. They will need the unique certificate of sponsorship number when they apply for their work visa.
As an employer of overseas nationals, you must undertake certain responsibilities, including:
- Ensuring that your international employees have the necessary skills and qualifications to do the job
- Keeping copies of your workers’ professional accreditations
- Informing the UKVI of any changes of circumstances
- Informing the UKVI if your sponsored workers are not abiding by the conditions of the visa
I Want to Work in Birmingham. Which Visa do I Need?
Birmingham is one of the most vibrant cities to work in in the whole of the United Kingdom. With a rich industrial heritage alongside new and creative industries, it is no wonder that Birmingham attracts workers from across the world. In fact, Birmingham has recently been dubbed the ‘Silicon Canal’ because of its bourgeoning tech industry.
If you are a non-EEA national, you need to apply for a work visa if you want to work in the UK. You must have received a job offer from a UK company in order to be eligible. The visa you need will depend on the particular circumstances of your job.
Tier 2 visas are for those who have been offered long-term positions in the UK, where as the Tier 5 visa is for those who have been offered a short-term position in the UK.
The Tier 2 visa category includes the following visas:
- Tier 2 (General). Otherwise known as the skilled workers visa, this visa is for those who have been offered a position in a skilled profession such as engineering, nursing or within the IT profession
- Tier 2 Inter-Company Transfer Visa. If you have been offered a position in the UK branch of a multinational company, this is the visa you need to apply for
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa. This is for those who have been offered a position within a UK faith-based community
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa. This is specifically for internationally recognised professional sportspeople
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
Our Birmingham immigration advice centre hosts some of the best immigration lawyers in Birmingham.
No matter what your need, we can help. Our Midlands team of experienced immigration law workers offer bespoke advice, application and appeal services to suit every need.
Our Birmingham immigration, nationality and asylum lawyers are all experts in their fields. With over 30 years of combined experience, they have dealt with and won complex cases across the board.
With some of the best immigration lawyers, Birmingham has to offer, our West Midlands team are perfectly positioned to help you, no matter where you are. Whether you need immigration lawyers in Handsworth, Birmingham, or immigration caseworkers on Soho Road — we can support you. All our advice sessions can be attended in person, at our Birmingham city centre office, or, over telephone or Skype.
No matter what you need, and where you are, our expert immigration lawyers can help you.
If you wish to settle in the UK or apply for a visa, our team of immigration lawyers in Birmingham offers several packages. Our Immigration Advice method is designed to guide you through every step of your application process. This includes:
- Professional assessment of your case to determine your eligibility;
- A complete overview of the expected outcomes from your situation;
- A list of the documentation that you should attach to your forms to support your application;
- Instructions on how to complete your application forms;
- Your dedicated lawyer will prepare your documents and forms in an organized presentable fashion;
- Your adviser will write a Letter of Representation to submit to the Home Office to highlight the merits of your case;
- Regular sessions with your immigration worker in Birmingham to monitor the status of your application;
- Complete preparation for your interview or Life in the UK Test (if needed).
We offer different application packages tailored to our clients’ needs. To learn more about what we can do for you, get in touch today or come and meet us in Birmingham.
Our immigration lawyers can offer Legal Aid services to the below people:
- Victims of domestic abuse
- Victims of trafficking
If you are a person who meets any of the above titles, you can get free immigration advice in Birmingham from our lawyers. This can include advice, application support and appeal support.
You can drop into our office to speak to us about our Legal Aid services. When you drop it, you should bring certain documents with you. We can then set up a follow-up meeting with you and one of our lawyers. We will also arrange any translation services you may need.
Find out more about what you need to do to claim Legal Aid in Birmingham.
Birmingham is a hugely popular destination for students all over the world. If you want to apply for a Student Visa to begin your journey as an international student in Birmingham, the Immigration Advice Service is here to help you.
With our application package, we will support you through the entire Student Visa application process, helping you to secure your UK Student Visa.
If you choose to hire our Birmingham immigration lawyers, we will maximise your chances of becoming an international student in the UK.
The main requirements for the Student Visa are as follows:
- You have been offered a place on a course
- You can demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level if you are not from an English-speaking country
- You have enough money to support yourself whist you in the UK and to pay for your course