Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Immigration Lawyers Liverpool

Do you need an immigration lawyer in Liverpool? Our friendly team of local immigration solicitors in Liverpool can help you to resolve immigration, asylum, or nationality issues.

Contact us on 0151 909 4740 or enquire online for more information or assistance with your situation. We are here to offer help and advice in person, online, or via phone call or Skype.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

    About our immigration lawyers in Liverpool

    Our immigration lawyers in Liverpool are regarded as being some of the best immigration advisors in the North West. Our lawyers in Liverpool are highly trained in all areas of immigration law, this means they can offer comprehensive immigration services.

    Located at Beetham House in the City Centre, our Liverpool immigration solicitors are here to help and offer you guidance. Whether you’re applying for a work visa, looking to join your family in the UK with a Family visa, trying to reunite with a loved one with a Spouse visa or wishing to make the UK your permanent home, our expert and friendly lawyers will help to make the process as smooth as possible and give you the best chance of success.

    Liverpool has a rich history when it comes to immigration. As a port city, it has been home to people from all over the world. The city has one of the oldest Chinese communities in Europe and has a large Irish population. This makes Liverpool one of the most diverse and welcoming cities in the UK.

    The IAS team in Liverpool is led by the very talented John Cahill, an experienced immigration solicitor who has spent over a decade working in immigration law in the local area. He leads a friendly team at the Liverpool office of IAS, who are some of the most dedicated immigration caseworkers Liverpool has to offer.

    Many of our immigration lawyers in Liverpool are trained to specialist levels and can address a wide variety of immigration matters. Just some of our services include offering; expert advice, help with completing applications, obtaining visas from abroad, student applications, family and spouse visa applications, EEA applications, and citizenship claims.

    Office worker hard at work.

    Do I need an immigration lawyer in Liverpool

    With most immigration matters, an immigration solicitor is not legally required, but it is highly recommended. This is because the immigration process in the UK is often complicated, time-consuming, and leaves little room for error. Seeking legal help with your immigration matter will maximise your chances of a successful visa application.

    All of our immigration lawyers in Liverpool are OISC licensed professionals who can provide you with professional and reliable immigration advice and services.

    Here at IAS we know how stressful it can be when applying for visas and citizenships in a process that is lengthy and expensive, that’s why our immigration lawyers will make it their priority to provide you with peace of mind that your immigration matter is being dealt with by top-class professionals in immigration law who can help you get it right-first-time.

    Our friendly team in Liverpool is available for personal appointments as well as phone and Skype calls. As well as our Liverpool offices, you can also contact us at our offices in LondonManchester, or Birmingham, or use our office finder to find your closest branch.

    Why should I choose the IAS’s immigration lawyers in Liverpool?

    Identifying a great immigration lawyer can be difficult, but the best way to do this is by finding someone with the correct expert knowledge to suit your needs. We offer a range of specially trained immigration lawyers who have skills that cover a wide range of different areas.

    The IAS team in Liverpool has some of the best immigration lawyers specialised in several areas within immigration law. With up to date knowledge of the latest immigration law our solicitors can provide you with reliable information on any immigration issue. Consequently, one of our experts will be able to discuss your case and advise on the best next-steps for you.

    How can I study in Liverpool?

    With its vibrant nightlight, exciting entertainment scene, state of the art accommodation and four universities, it’s no surprise that Liverpool is one of the most loved student cities in the UK.

    Over 70,000 students from all over the world make Liverpool their home to study and you can too.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you want to study in Liverpool, you’ll need to apply for a Student Visa.

    A Student Visa allows you to live in the UK for the entirety of your studies. To be eligible you will need to have been offered a place on a course provided by a licenced sponsor.

    If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you must prove that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level by passing an English language test (SELT) at an accredited test centre. You must show a level of B2 in English if you are hoping to study at degree level. In some cases, students are exempt from having to prove their knowledge of the English language.

    It costs £348 to apply for a Student Visa. If you wish you can also bring family members to join you in Liverpool, this includes partners or children under the age of 18, you will also have to pay the same fee for them. You may also need to pay an immigration health surcharge. You will need to demonstrate that you have enough money to pay for the course and support yourself whilst you are in the UK.

    If your application is successful, you must have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken at a visa application centre. You will need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit within ten days of arriving in the UK.

    You can extend your immigration permission when your student visa is due to expire, provided your current sponsorship is still valid.

    Do I need a visa to visit Liverpool?

    Liverpool is one of the most interesting cities in the UK with a vast history of maritime, music, and football. So whether you’re a football fan wanting to visit Anfield, the home of the European Champions, or a music fan wanting to see the place where the Fab Four started, there’s something to offer everyone.

    But if you live outside the EEA and want to be one of the millions of tourists to visit Liverpool every year, then you will need a visa to visit.

    You will need to apply for the Standard Visitor Visa, which grants permission to remain in the UK for up to six months. With this you can travel throughout the whole of the United Kingdom as a foreign tourist, experiencing all that the UK has to offer, you can also visit any family and friends that you may have here.

    To be eligible for the Standard Visitor Visa, you will need to:

    • Prove that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit
    • Prove that you can support yourself financially for the duration of your trip
    • Show that you can pay for your onward/return journey if you haven’t already bought a return ticket

    Our immigration lawyers in Liverpool are ready to assist you in person or via the phone.

    Can IAS help me to extend my stay in the UK?

    The UK is a beautiful country. So its no wonder that every year, foreign nationals who have come here temporarily wish to remain longer. If this is your case, we can help you settle in the UK depending on your current immigration status:

    • Foreign workers can stay in the UK if they still hold an offer from a licensed sponsor (Skilled Worker Visa);
    • Entrepreneurs who have an original business plan or young graduates can apply for an Investor Visa;
    • Spouses, children, and unmarried partners of UK permanent residents or citizens may be eligible to settle in the UK by applying for citizenship or leave to remain, you could also stay for longer than 6 months on a Family Visa.

    To confirm your eligibility, you must prove your commitment to British customs. To this end, you must pass a Life in the UK Test. Your dedicated lawyer can help you prepare for your exam.

    What other services does the Liverpool IAS offer?

    Our Liverpool office offers a comprehensive list of services to suit all of your immigration needs, these come in the form of packages and include our:

    • Advice package – If you are seeking expert professional immigration legal advice in any area of immigration law, this is the option for you. This can act as the first step in your journey to securing your UK visa.
    • Application package -If you need help applying for a visa, citizenship, indefinite leave to remain or asylum then a Liverpool immigration solicitor will help you to prepare, submit and track an application.
    • Fast-track application package – If you need to submit an application soon or a quick response from the Home Office on your UK immigration application, this is the option for you.
    • Appeal package – If you want to challenge a Home Office decision on your application, through an administrative review or full legal appeal, the IAS is here for you.
    • Emergency support– If you require emergency immigration legal assistance, we can offer full support.
    • UK immigration advice for businesses -If you want to hire an overseas national, we can help you with the full process, including sponsor licence applications and the duties you must fulfil as an employer of a foreign national

    If you would like some more information on any of our packages or services, please call us now on 0151909 4740

    Immigration Advice Service (Liverpool)

    Beetham House
    61 Tithebarn Street
    L2 2SB Phone 0151 909 3512 

    If you need help with an immigration application, extension or appeal contact our experts today.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Related Posts

    Architectural building with Canadian flag on top
    17 May 2024

    Open Work Permit Canada for Nigerians

    Canada has a growing economy that allows immigrants to explore different career Opportunities. Nigerian citizens who wish to work in Canada can be granted an open work permit provided the employee and employer meet the eligibility requirements.
    For further information on how to apply for an open work permit, contact The Immigration Advice Service (IAS) at +23413438882 and +44 (0) 3316300929. Our immigration lawyers are ever ready to help you with the application process.

    Read Article
    Silver, antique Canadian coin
    17 May 2024

    Canada Visa Requirements for Nigeria

    If you are a Nigerian looking to go to Canada, you must apply for a Canadian Visa to work, visit or study there.

    Read Article
    Two friends standing together on street in America
    17 May 2024

    Easiest Way to Get American Visa from Nigeria

    If you’re a Nigerian waiting to visit the US, you’ve probably heard about an easy way to get an American visa. However, there’s no easy visa; you must meet the necessary requirements.
    For more information about applying for an American Visa from Nigeria, including support and advice about the process, or any other queries you might have, then call our immigration experts today at +23413438882 and +44 (0) 3316300929 or contact us online.

    Read Article
    Nigeria welcome sign on white arch
    17 May 2024

    Entry to the UK from Nigeria

    To live and work in the UK, you will need a visa. This guide will give you all the information you need about the type of visa you should apply for and other criteria you need to consider when making an application for entry to the UK from Nigeria.

    Read Article
    Nigerian man wearing purple coloured shirt
    17 May 2024

    How Much Is Priority UK Visa in Nigeria?

    If you are applying for a UK visa to either stay short-term or settle there, you can apply to fast-track your visa application from Nigeria if you need to obtain a visa at short notice.
    Immigration Advice Service (IAS) are available to advise you on the different fees and processing times depending on your visa and what level of priority you require. Call us today on +23413438882 or +44 (0) 3316300929 or you can contact us online.

    Read Article
    Student stepping outside, through glass door
    17 May 2024

    Study Gap for UK Student Visa from Nigeria

    You may want to take a break from your studies before applying to study in the UK; but do study gaps impact your UK Study visa and do UK universities offer courses for international students?
    Immigration Advice Service (IAS) can help you apply for a Study visa in the UK and provide advice on your study gap. Call us on +44 (0) 3316300929 and +23413438882, or message us online.

    Read Article

    Get in touch with our team

    Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

    Contact Us