Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Types of Visas

Our immigration lawyers offer Application Packages to guide their clients through the visa application process. Find out more about the wide variety of UK, US and Irish visas that our lawyers can help you to apply for.

Call us on 0330 828 4126 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.


Read our 899 reviews

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS’ Immigration Lawyers

    At IAS, we understand that every case and client is unique, so we provide bespoke assessment and support to each client. With us, you get a dedicated immigration lawyer who is dedicated to ensuring your application is successful. Enjoy the following benefits with IAS:

    Compassionate support from an experienced immigration lawyer dedicated to your success

    Support in gathering supporting documents and completing a high-quality application.

    A personalised Letter of Representation to help compile a compelling case for approval

    Continued support from your lawyer in the event of any complications.

    Regardless of what your personal immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    Services we Provide

    IAS Visa Application Assistance

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, our lawyers provide application assistance for every type of UK visa. Whether you want to live, work, study, start a business or even just visit the UK, our immigration specialists will be able to recommend the best visa type for you and can help you to apply.

    Although we are based in the UK, we also have offices located in the US and Ireland where our immigration specialists offer assistance with visa applications for these countries.

    If you want to apply for a UK, US or Irish visa but cannot make it into one of our offices, we can still assist you. We also offer all of our services remotely, our lawyers can arrange an appointment to be conducted over the phone or via Skype call to discuss your visa options with you.

    Below are the full lists of the visa types that our immigration lawyers can help you to apply for.

    immigration lawyer in london

    UK Visas

    Visa typePurpose
    Skilled Worker VisaSkilled Workers with a job offer in the UK
    Temporary Worker VisaTemporary work of various kinds
    Health and Care Worker VisaFor qualified healthcare and social care workers
    Youth Mobility Visa2 year work permit for young people aged 18-35 from participating territories
    Paid Permitted Engagement visaShort-term entry for individuals invited to the UK as experts in their field
    Sportsperson VisaWork permit for elite sportspersons or qualified coaches
    Minister of Religion VisaWork permit for religious workers
    Senior or Specialist Worker VisaEmployees from multi-national companies transferring to work in a UK branch
    Business Visitor VisaTravel to the UK for up to 6 months for business activities
    Student Visitor VisaStudying in the UK on a temporary basis
    Tourist VisaTravel to the UK for up to 6 months for leisure or other purposes
    Adult Student VisaStudying in the UK
    Graduate visaWork permit for international students who have studied a bachelor’s or master’s course in the UK
    Child Student VisaChildren aged 4-17 to study in the UK
    Spouse VisaSpouses of British Citizens/settled persons
    Fiancé VisaFiancés of British Citizens/settled Persons
    Unmarried Partner VisaLong-term partner of British Citizens/settled persons
    Adult Dependent VisaForeign nationals requiring care from a UK relative
    Child Dependent VisaChild of a British citizen/settled person not living an independent life
    Ancestry VisaCitizens of commonwealth countries with a British grandparent
    Innovator VisaInternational entrepreneurs with £50,000 to invest in a business in the UK
    Global Talent VisaFor international leaders in specific industries
    High Potential Individual VisaFor graduates of certain high-ranking international universities
    Scale-up VisaWorkers partnering with high-growth businesses
    Global Business Mobility VisasWork visas for companies looking to expand operations into, or engage in business in the UK

    Our immigration team has helped hundreds of cases around the world successfully obtain a visa.

    uk gov

    Following Brexit, the UK government has introduced a new points-based immigration system. This new system contains many visa options that are available to both EEA and non-EEA nationals.

    Under the new system, you will need to score a certain number of points to secure a visa. The points required vary depending on the visa category that you are applying for. To score these points you will need to prove to the Home Office that you can meet the relevant requirements.

    EU citizens are not required to apply for a visa if they plan to visit the UK for 90 days or less, but now that free movement has ended between the UK and EU, they must apply for a visa if they plan on staying for more than 90 days, working, studying or if they wish to join a family member long term here.

    Our expert immigration lawyers offer application assistance for a variety of visas, get in touch for more information CONTACT US

    Our expert immigration lawyers offer application assistance for a variety of visas, get in touch for more information

    US Visas

    Visa TypePurpose
    E1Treaty Traders
    E2Treaty Investors
    E3Australian professionals
    H1BSpecialty workers
    H2BTemporary workers
    H3Exchange visitors
    H4Dependents family members of H visa holders
    01Entry for individuals who possess extraordinary ability in specific fields
    03Dependent family members of 01 visa holders
    I VisaEntry for journalists and members of the media
    L1Foreign specialized workers transferring to their company’s branch in the U.S
    L2Dependents of L1 visa holders
    P1Work permit for nationally and internationally recognized athletes and performers
    P3Temporary work permit for artists, entertainers and support personnel
    R1 Work permit for religious workers/foreign members of non-profit vocational associations
    TNCitizens of Canada and Mexico with a job offer from an American employer
    K1Fiancés of American citizens/residents
    K2Dependents of K1 visa holders
    K3Spouses of American citizens/residents
    K4Dependents of K4 visa holders
    B1Business visitors
    B2Tourist visitors
    F1Academic students
    F2Dependents of F1 visa holders
    M1Vocational students
    J1Cultural exchange
    J2Dependents of J1 visa holders
    US flag

    Unless you are from a country that is part of the US Visa Waiver Programme, then you will need a visa to enter the United States. The Visa Waiver Programme only applies to stays of up to 90 days for the purpose of tourism or business. If you plan to stay for longer than this, or do other activities such as work or study, then you will need to apply for a visa even if you are a resident of a visa exempt country.

    All US visa applications made will be subject to the judgement of the US consular officer overseeing your arrival.

    The duration of time that you can spend in the US on a visa varies depending on the type of visa you choose, but all of them are temporary permits. If you want to become a permanent resident of the United States then you will need a Green Card. Whilst you must apply for a visa prior to your entry in the US, a Green Card can only obtained after you have arrived in the country. There are various Green Cards available including the Workers Green Card and Family Based Green Cards. 

    Irish Visas

    Visa TypePurpose
    Business VisaTravel to Ireland for business purposes for a period of up to 90 days
    Conference or Event VisaTravel to Ireland to attend a conference or event
    Critical Skills Employment VisaEmployment permit for highly skilled workers
    Employment Visa (Atypical Working Scheme)Short-term work visa for applicants with approval from the Atypical Working Scheme
    Exam VisaEntry to Ireland for up to 3 months to undertake an exam
    Child Dependent VisaEntry for the Child of a person living in Ireland
    De Facto Partner VisaEntry for genuine and long-term partners of Irish citizens/residents
    Internship VisaWork permit for full-time students with paid work experience in Ireland
    Working Holiday VisaProgram for young people of certain countries to visit Ireland to work
    Marriage VisaShort stay visa for the partner of an Irish citizen or resident who wishes to marry their partner in Ireland
    Medical Treatment VisaShort-stay visa for those with an appointment at a private hospital in Ireland to receive medical treatment
    Retirement VisaLong-term retirement for individuals with an income of at least €50,000
    Spouse VisaEntry for spouses/civil partners of Irish citizens/residents
    Study VisaEntry to study in Ireland, long-term and short-term options available
    Tourist VisaShort-term visits of up to 90 days
    Training VisaEntry to partake in a training course in Ireland, short-term and long-term options available
    Volunteer VisaVolunteering in Ireland for a period of over 90 days
    British-Irish Visa SchemeFreedom to travel through the Common Travel Areas (UK & Ireland) for Chinese and Indian nationals
    Irish flag

    The Irish visas are split into two categories, C Visas and D Visas. C Visas refer to short-term stay visas whilst D Visas refer to long-term stay visas. Some visa categories have both short-term and long-term options. If you choose a C Visa, you will only be allowed to enter the country for up to 3 months, whereas you can stay for longer than this on a D Visa.

    Citizens of both the EU and UK are not required to hold a visa to enter the country. Ireland also has a Visa Waiver Programme with a number of Eastern European, Middle Eastern and Asian countries. This programme allows nationals from the participating countries who hold a Short-Stay UK visa to travel to Ireland without having to apply for a separate Irish visa.

    Stays in Ireland exceeding 90 days will require registration at an immigration office or Garda station and obtaining a residence permit.

    Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers to receive assistance on your visa application.

    How can IAS help me with my visa application?

    Here at the IAS, we have immigration lawyers that specialise in UK, US and Irish visas. Applying for a visa is usually a complex process, as well as filling in a detailed application form you will need to put together a substantial portfolio of evidence to prove that you meet the relevant requirements. With so many visa options available, it can also be difficult to know which visas you could be eligible for, and which would suit your circumstance the best.

    Our immigration lawyers are passionate about making your immigration journey easier. This is why we offer an Application Package that will provide you with guidance throughout the entire visa application process. Our Advice Package is also included within the full application package.

    If you choose our Application Package, one of our lawyers will first arrange an advice session with you. During this session they will discuss your circumstances for you and can assess your eligibility for a visa for either the UK, US or Ireland. They can also answer any questions that you may have about the application process.

    Once you have decided on the right visa for you, our lawyers will get you started with your application. They can fill in and submit any application forms on your behalf and will help you to gather all of the supporting documents that you will need. Your lawyer will also write you a Letter of Representation to support your application.

    It can be easy to make a mistake in a visa application, and doing so can result in it being refused. By getting the assistance of our professional immigration lawyers, you can be sure that your visa application will have the best possible chance of success. To get started on your application, get in touch with our immigration law experts today on 0330 828 4126

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Yes, as well as offering assistance with the initial visa application, our lawyers can also help you to extend a visa, if eligible.

    To be eligible for a visa extension, you will need to be able to meet the original requirements for that visa and you should apply before your current visa expires.

    Some visas are not eligible for extension, if this is the case our lawyers can work with you to find an alternative immigration route that suites your circumstances.

    For more information get in touch today on 0330 828 4126

    Yes, as well as offering visa application assistance, our lawyers in the UK, US and Ireland also assist with a range of other immigration applications. This includes citizenship and permanent residence applications as well as corporate immigration applications such as sponsor licence applications.

    The other types of immigration applications that our lawyers can help with include, but are not limited to:

    The UK has a wide variety of visas available to overseas nationals. The UK visa categories include:

    • Work visas
    • Business visas
    • Family visas
    • Student visas
    • Visitor visas

    Each category has a number of different visas that vary in their requirements, the activities they allow you to do whilst in the UK, and the duration of leave that they grant you.

    If you want to come to the UK, speak to our immigration solicitors today on 0330 828 4126, they can advise you about the best visa options available to you.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 12 offices across the world, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us