What are the Spouse Visa extension requirements?
To be eligible for a UK Spouse Visa extension you must submit an FLR (M) form application and meet the following Spouse Visa requirements:
- Financial requirements, as stated in your FLR (M) form;
- English language requirements;
- you are in a genuine relationship and intend to continue living together;
- you meet the suitability requirements, which relates to your character and conduct, and your previous immigration history;
- you meet the immigration status requirement, which means you have to be in the UK lawfully;
- you meet the financial requirement set out in the Marriage Visa UK requirements
As part of your Spouse visa renewal request, you need to provide proof of your genuine relationship with your partner. If your visa extension meets the requirements, you may stay in the UK until you are eligible to apply for ILR.