Youth Mobility Scheme Application
The Youth Mobility Scheme is a form of Tier 5 Visa which allows sponsored young people from participating countries or territories to experience a life in the UK and work here for up to two years.
This only applies to a small number of countries whose nationals are eligible to apply for this visa. If the visa is granted, it will allow you to enter and work in the UK in a temporary role without a job offer.
How can IAS help you apply for a Youth Mobility Visa?
Our immigration lawyers can advise you on whether you are eligible for a Youth Mobility Visa. One of our lawyers will check your nationality and qualifications against the Youth Mobility Scheme requirements. He/she will also prepare a Letter of Representation for your application. This letter details your case and its merits as well as referencing relevant UK immigration laws in support of your application. He/she will also ensure that your documents are sufficient and complete your application form to the highest standard before submission. Get in touch now on 0333 363 8577 or make an enquiry online and one of our immigration lawyers will be able to provide you with more information before beginning your application.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
You need to be aged 18 to 30 in order to apply for the Youth Mobility Visa. You must also be from the following countries:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
- The Republic of Korea
- A British overseas citizen
- A British overseas territories citizen
- A British national (overseas)
For the application to be granted for a Youth Mobility Visa, you must be awarded 50 points and meet all the additional requirements under the Tier 5 category of the points-based system.
The points are allocated as follows:
- Nationality requirement – 30 points
- Age requirement – 10 points
- Maintenance requirement – 10 points
Applicants from Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea will also need a Certificate of Sponsorship before they make their application.
When in the UK via the Youth Mobility Scheme, you cannot:
- bring dependent children;
- have previously come to the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘Working Holidaymaker’ category; or
- be currently living in the UK when you make an application.
There are various available routes if you wish to remain in the UK once your Tier 5 Visa has expired. Yet, it is limited as the Youth Mobility Visa is valid for only two years and is not renewable.
Possible routes include:
- Ancestry Visa – if you have a grandparent who was born in the UK. This visa allows you to live and work in the UK once returned as the application cannot be done in the UK.
- Tier 2 Visa – during the two years in the UK if you were able to receive a job offer from a UK Sponsor, then you can apply for a Tier 2 Visa.
- Ancestry Dependant Visa – this applies if you are married to an Ancestry Visa holder. Consequently, if they qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) you will also be eligible to apply.
- Spouse Visa – if you are married to someone who has settled status in the UK or is a British Citizen, then you can apply for this visa.
At IAS, we understand how complex it can be to understand which visa category is best for you. Whatever your circumstance or profession, the expert lawyers at IAS can help you. We will answer all your questions and guide you through each stage of your enquiry or application process. IAS will maximise your chances of a successful Youth Mobility Scheme application.
Our services include:
- liaising with you in person, via phone or Skype at a time that suits you;
- assessing your eligibility for a Youth Mobility Visa;
- checking your documents to ensure that they are sufficient for your application;
- preparing a Letter of Representation to accompany your application. This letter details your case and its merits as well as referencing any relevant UK immigration laws in support of your case;
- liaising with the Home Office during your application process;
- completing each part of your application form to the highest standard.
To discuss your eligibility for the Youth Mobility Scheme, contact IAS online or by calling 0333 363 8577.