Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Contact Our Immigration Lawyers in Leeds

With some of the best immigration lawyers Leeds has to offer, we can help resolve any immigration, nationality or asylum issue, please contact us at our local Leeds office.

Call us on 0113 834 7668 for immediate assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Contact our Immigration Lawyers Leeds

    The Immigration Advice Service is a leading immigration law firm with highly experienced immigration legal specialists.

    Our immigration consultants in Leeds offer expert guidance and assistance in all areas of immigration law including work visas, Family Visas for those who wish to reunite with their family in the UK and student visas for international students who want to study in Leeds. We also offer full support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained.

    Leeds has welcomed migrant communities for well over 200 years and it remains one the most favoured UK cities for overseas nationals to relocate to.

    Our Leeds immigration lawyers are proud of the exceptional service we offer to our many clients. Whatever your immigration query, the IAS’ team in Leeds is here to help.

    office workers sat at a meeting table filled with laptops with a focus on two colleagues exchanging a physical file.

    Immigration Advice Service
    No 1 Leeds
    26 Whitehall Road
    LS12 1BE

    Call this office on:
    0113 834 7668

    Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Leeds?

    If you need immigration advice or assistance with a UK immigration application, it is always a good idea to hire an immigration legal professional.

    Immigration solicitors can offer invaluable guidance and advice to you, and will be able to advise you on the steps you will need to take to reach your desired outcome. They can also make you aware of all the common mistakes to avoid.

    UK immigration law is notoriously complex. In many cases, it can be difficult to understand exactly what is required of you if you want to apply for a UK visa. UK visa applications are also typically costly and time-consuming.

    Over the long-run, you can save yourself a lot of money, time and frustration through hiring an immigration solicitors in Leeds to complete your visa application.

    If you are looking to find immigration solicitors to discuss your immigration case with, the IAS is here for you. Our highly experienced immigration lawyers are well versed in all areas of immigration and take pride in the exceptional service we offer.

    Our Leeds immigration consultants are here to provide expert immigration legal advice. In fact, our advice package is the ideal option for those looking for expert immigration legal advice on any issue.

    Do Your Leeds Immigration Lawyers Assist with UK Visa Applications?

    Yes, our immigration lawyers can provide full assistance with UK visa applications. With a wealth of experience in the field of immigration and a keen eye for updates in immigration law, we understand what it takes to formulate a successful UK immigration application.

    Our application package is the most suitable option if you are looking for assistance with a UK visa application. We will pair you with one of our immigration caseworkers who is experienced in the area of immigration which your case relates to.

    Your caseworker will take the time to understand your case and advise you on all the documentation you will need to include in your portfolio of evidence. The portfolio of evidence is an extremely important part of the application process.

    If your portfolio of evidence contains insufficient documentation, Home Office officials will need to contact you to request the additional documentation which, of course, will delay the application process. Your visa application may even be automatically rejected in these circumstances. We will ensure that your portfolio of evidence contains all necessary documentation.

    When your portfolio of evidence has been fully compiled, your lawyer will complete your visa application form, ensuring it adheres to all necessary administrative standards. We will liaise with the Home Office throughout the application processing stage, and inform you of the application’s progress.

    With the help of our immigration lawyers, you will maximise your chances of securing your UK visa. Call us now on 0113 834 7668 to find out more about our application package.

    What Other Services do the Immigration Advice Service Offer?

    As mentioned, the IAS offers expert guidance and assistance in all areas of immigration law. We are proud of the exceptional service we offer to the people of Leeds and throughout the United Kingdom.

    As well as our advice package and application package, we offer the following services:

    • Fast track application package. This is for those who need their UK immigration application completed as quickly as possible
    • Document checking service. With this service, one of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your application
    • Appeal package. If you want to challenge a Home Office decision, whether through an administrative review or full legal appeal, we can offer full support including representation in front of the upper tribunal
    • UK immigration advice for businesses. If you wish to hire an overseas national, there are many duties and responsibilities which you must undertake. We can offer expert assistance
    • Emergency advice. If you require emergency immigration legal assistance, including if you have been detained, the IAS is here to support you

    For more information on any of our services, please do not hesitate to call our friendly team now on 0113 834 7668.

    My Visa Application was Rejected. What can I do?

    We understand that receiving a UK immigration application can be utterly devastating news. Unfortunately, immigration application rejections are common in the UK. However, if you believe that your application was unfairly rejected, you will usually have the option of challenging the Home Office’s decision.

    If you believe that a genuine mistake was made by immigration officials when your application was considered, the administrative review is the best option.

    You might be eligible for a full legal appeal in the following circumstances:

    • Your protection claim, such as humanitarian protection, has been rejected
    • Your human rights claim has been rejected
    • Your protection status has been revoked
    • You face being deported or have been refused a residence document
    • You face having your British citizenship revoked
    • Your status has been rejected or revoked or the length of your stay has been changed under the EU Settlement Scheme
    • You have been refused or revoked a travel permit or family permit under the EU Settlement Scheme

    Here at the IAS, we can offer full support in what will undoubtedly be an unsettling time for you. We can offer assistance with both administrative reviews and with legal appeals. Please call us now on 0113 834 7668 to find out more about how we can help you.

    Our Immigration lawyers in Leeds are ready to assist you in person or via the phone.

    Do I Need a Visa to Work in Leeds?

    Leeds has one of the most diverse economies in the whole of the UK and has seen the fastest rate of private-sector jobs growth of any city in the UK. In fact, Leeds is now the largest legal and financial centre outside of London and is the third-largest manufacturing centre in the UK.

    Given these facts, it is little surprise that Leeds is one of the most attractive places to work in the whole of the UK. However, if you want to work in the UK as a non-EEA national, you need to apply for a work visa. To be eligible, you must have been offered a job at a UK company.

    There are two forms of UK work visas: Skilled Worker Visas and Temporary Worker Visas, Skilled Worker visas are for those who have been offered long-term positions in the UK, whereas Temporary Worker Visas are for those who have been offered a short-term position, typically for up to 12 months.

    Skilled Worker visas generally last for at least two and a half years, and they can be extended too. The following visas all fall under the Skilled Worker category :

    • Skilled Worker Visa. This visa is sometimes known as the skilled workers visa. Engineers, IT professionals and doctors and nurses are some of those who are eligible for this visa
    • Senior or Specialist Worker Visa. If you have been offered a position within the UK branch of a multinational company, this is the visa you need to apply for
    • Minister of Religion Visa. This is for those who have been offered a position within a UK faith-based community
    • Sportsperson Visa. This is for internationally recognised sporting professionals

    I Want to Hire an Overseas National to Work in Leeds. What Do I Need to Know?

    There are many requirements and duties which a UK employer needs to adhere to if they wish to hire an overseas national.

    The sponsorship licence application is the first step in the process of hiring a foreign national. Any company which wishes to hire an overseas national must have a sponsorship licence. If your sponsorship licence application is accepted, you will then be able to employ foreign nationals.

    You must appoint certain people within your company to manage the sponsor management system. With this system, you will be able to start assigning certificates of sponsorship to your prospective employees. They will need their unique certificate sponsorship number when they apply for their work visa.

    You will also need to undertake certain duties as a UK employer of overseas nationals. These duties include:

    • Keeping copies of your workers’ professional accreditations
    • Ensuring that your international employees have the necessary skills and qualifications to do the job
    • Informing the UKVI of any changes of circumstances
    • Informing the UKVI if your sponsored workers are not abiding by any of the conditions of their visa

    The IAS are here to offer expert advice to UK businesses who wish to hire foreign nationals. We can assist you through the entire, often convoluted process. Contact us now on 0113 834 7668 for more information.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    If you are a non-EEA national and you are married or in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or permanent resident, you might be eligible for the Spouse Visa.

    The Spouse Visa is a highly sought-after UK visa, offering recipients the opportunity to work and study in the UK without restrictions. With a Spouse Visa, you can remain in the UK for up to 30 months. You can also apply for a Spouse Visa extension at the end of this period for a further 30 months.

    There are strict requirements which must be met in order for you to be eligible for the Spouse Visa. You will need to provide substantial evidence to prove your eligibility.

    The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:

    • You must be at least 18-years-old
    • You must be married or in a civil partnership which is recognised by UK law. (You will need to provide an official marriage/civil partnership certificate)
    • You must have lived together for at least two years prior to the application
    • You need to demonstrate that you have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. If you have any dependent children, the sum increases by £3,800 for the first child and then £2,400 for each child you have after your first child
    • You need to prove that you have adequate accommodation to live in with your partner and any dependents in the UK
    • If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you will need to pass an English language test, unless you are exempt

    If you need help with an immigration application, extension or appeal contact our experts today.

    When Can I Apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK?

    After you have lived in the UK legally for five years, you will usually be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain. Those who have been living in the UK under visas such as the Spouse Visa, Unmarried Partner Visa or a work visa, will all be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain after they have spent five years in the UK.

    In some circumstances, you could be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain status even sooner. For example, if you have been living in the UK under an Investor or Innovator Visa, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after three years.

    Indefinite Leave to Remain is a form of permanent residence, which means that those who have it can remain in the UK without any restrictions imposed on them. After you have spent one year living in the UK under Indefinite Leave to Remain, you can apply for British citizenship.

    The main requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain are as follows:

    • Must have been a continuous UK resident for the relevant period of time pertaining to your circumstances
    • During qualifying period, you must not have spent more than 90 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period
    • Must not have broken any immigration conditions whilst you have been in the UK
    • You will need to pass the Life in the UK test. This test is a series of multiple-choice questions based on the history, customs and culture of the UK
    • If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you must be able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to at least a B1 level (unless exempt)

    I Want to Study in Leeds. What Do I Need to Know?

    Leeds is a hugely popular city to study in for both domestic students and international students. Indeed, Leeds has the fourth largest student population in the UK, home to over 60,000 students spread across three universities.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you want to study in Leeds, you must apply for a Student Visa. To be eligible, you must intend to study a full-time degree in the UK, and you must have been offered an unconditional place on a course provided by a licenced sponsor.

    If you are from a non-English-speaking country, you must prove that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level by passing an English language test (SELT) at an accredited test centre. You must show a level of B2 in English if you are hoping to study at degree level.

    It costs £348 to apply for a Student Visa. If any dependents will be joining you in the UK, you must pay an extra £348 per dependent. You may also need to pay an immigration health surcharge. You will need to demonstrate that you have enough money to pay for the course and support yourself whilst you are in the UK.

    If your application is successful, you must have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken at a visa application centre. You will need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit within ten days of arriving in the UK.

    You can extend your immigration permission when your Student Visa is due to expire, provided your current sponsorship is still valid.

    I Want to Visit Leeds. Do I Need to Apply for a Visa?

    Yorkshire is one of the most interesting areas to visit in the whole of the UK. With the Yorkshire Dales alongside market towns and metropolitan cities, Yorkshire is a county of huge variety. Perhaps you want to travel to Leeds as a football fan to visit Elland Road and watch Leeds United, or maybe you just want to get a feel for one of the most vibrant and modern cities in the UK.

    If you are a non-EEA national and you want to visit Yorkshire and the Leeds area as a foreign tourist, you will need to apply for a visa.

    The visa you need to apply for is the Standard Visitor Visa, which grants permission to remain in the UK for up to six months. This visa will enable you to travel throughout the United Kingdom as a foreign tourist and visit friends and family in the country.

    In order to be eligible for the Standard Visitor Visa, you will need to:

    • Prove that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit
    • Prove that you are able to support yourself financially for the duration of your trip
    • Show that you can pay for your onward/return journey if you haven’t already bought a return ticket

    Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we can help you to secure your UK Visitor Visa and begin your travels around the Yorkshire area.

    Our Immigration Lawyers in Leeds are ready to assist you in person or via the phone.

    What does IAS’ Immigration Advice Leeds Package Include?

    All our packages are unique and depend on the client and the type of enquiry they have.

    Our immigration advice package is broken into different sections.

    1. First, one of our immigration lawyers will evaluate your enquiry and decide how best to structure their section with you.
    2. Then, they will meet with you at a time that suits you. This could be at our immigration advice office in the city centre or over the phone/via Skype. Whatever you prefer.
    3. During your session, your lawyer will work with you to resolve your issues and discuss your requirements, options and next steps.
    4. This session is untimed. It will go on for as long as is necessary to make sure your concerns and questions are answered.
    5. After the session, you will have a chance to ask any questions you want, about your case.
    6. You will then receive a document with all the information discussed in your advice session. This is yours to keep.

    Find out more about our immigration advice sessions, and visa application services.

    Do you Have a Leeds Immigration Advice Centre?

    Yes — our team of immigration lawyers are based on Oxford Row, right in the centre of Leeds. This means, if you are looking for immigration advice in Leeds centre, we can assist you.

    We also serve the rest of Leeds and West Yorkshire. Whether you need immigration specialists in Leeds Roundhay Road or are looking for immigration advice in Bradford, we can help.

    Our Leeds team are perfectly positioned to assist you and have a combined experience of over 30 years in the immigration law field.

    Each of our immigration legal experts is vastly experienced in every area of immigration law, including UK visa applicationsasylum law and corporate immigration law.

    For more information on any of our services, call us now on 0113 834 7668 or leave your email address in the contact us box and we will get back to you.

    Who are the Top Leeds Immigration Solicitors?

    There are many different law firms and organisations offering immigration advice in Leeds. However, when looking for the top immigration solicitors in Leeds, it is important to know what to look out for.

    There have been many cases of fraudulent immigration lawyers recently. Looking for the correct accreditation and experience can make the difference between whether your immigration application is smooth and successful or not.

    All our immigration lawyers are accredited by OISC. This means that they are legally granted permission to give immigration advice, application support and legal representation. If an immigration solicitor in Leeds isn’t accredited, they cannot offer immigration advice, unless they have passed the Bar and are a practicing solicitor.

    If you are looking for the best immigration solicitors in Leeds, be aware of this and make sure to look out for the proper documents and accreditation.

    Find out more about our OISC immigration lawyers.

    How do I Know if My Course is Eligible for the UK Student Visa?

    If you are a overseas national and you want to study in Leeds, you need to apply for a Student Visa. In order to be eligible, you must have received an unconditional offer from a licenced sponsor.

    One of the following must apply to your course:

    • It is a full-time course, and leads to a qualification that is at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
    • It is a part-time course, and leads to a qualification that is at least level 7 on the Ofqual register
    • It is a full-time course with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, and leads to a qualification that is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
    • It is an overseas course that is equal to a UK higher education course, and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
    • It is a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

    If you need help with an immigration application, extension or appeal contact our experts today.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Related Posts

    Architectural building with Canadian flag on top
    17 May 2024

    Open Work Permit Canada for Nigerians

    Canada has a growing economy that allows immigrants to explore different career Opportunities. Nigerian citizens who wish to work in Canada can be granted an open work permit provided the employee and employer meet the eligibility requirements.
    For further information on how to apply for an open work permit, contact The Immigration Advice Service (IAS) at +23413438882 and +44 (0) 3316300929. Our immigration lawyers are ever ready to help you with the application process.

    Read Article
    Silver, antique Canadian coin
    17 May 2024

    Canada Visa Requirements for Nigeria

    If you are a Nigerian looking to go to Canada, you must apply for a Canadian Visa to work, visit or study there.

    Read Article
    Two friends standing together on street in America
    17 May 2024

    Easiest Way to Get American Visa from Nigeria

    If you’re a Nigerian waiting to visit the US, you’ve probably heard about an easy way to get an American visa. However, there’s no easy visa; you must meet the necessary requirements.
    For more information about applying for an American Visa from Nigeria, including support and advice about the process, or any other queries you might have, then call our immigration experts today at +23413438882 and +44 (0) 3316300929 or contact us online.

    Read Article
    Nigeria welcome sign on white arch
    17 May 2024

    Entry to the UK from Nigeria

    To live and work in the UK, you will need a visa. This guide will give you all the information you need about the type of visa you should apply for and other criteria you need to consider when making an application for entry to the UK from Nigeria.

    Read Article
    Nigerian man wearing purple coloured shirt
    17 May 2024

    How Much Is Priority UK Visa in Nigeria?

    If you are applying for a UK visa to either stay short-term or settle there, you can apply to fast-track your visa application from Nigeria if you need to obtain a visa at short notice.
    Immigration Advice Service (IAS) are available to advise you on the different fees and processing times depending on your visa and what level of priority you require. Call us today on +23413438882 or +44 (0) 3316300929 or you can contact us online.

    Read Article
    Student stepping outside, through glass door
    17 May 2024

    Study Gap for UK Student Visa from Nigeria

    You may want to take a break from your studies before applying to study in the UK; but do study gaps impact your UK Study visa and do UK universities offer courses for international students?
    Immigration Advice Service (IAS) can help you apply for a Study visa in the UK and provide advice on your study gap. Call us on +44 (0) 3316300929 and +23413438882, or message us online.

    Read Article

    Get in touch with our team

    Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

    Contact Us