Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm
Contact Us

Sport & Events Visa For Spain

If you have participated in sports or wish to attend an event in Spain, then you will require a Sport & Events Visa For Spain.

Call us at (+44) 333 4149244 for a smooth processing time and any help you require for obtaining the visa. Our proficient lawyers will guide you every step of the way.

Read our 899 reviews

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS Spain Immigration Lawyers

    When it comes to obtaining a Spain visa or permit, IAS Spain immigration lawyers are well-equipped to help you.

    With IAS’ track record of successfully helping clients visit or immigrate to Ireland successfully, we can help businesses and individuals achieve their goals.

    Our dedicated immigration lawyers provide our services through a comprehensive and personalised approach. With IAS, you enjoy:

    Expert support from an experienced immigration lawyer dedicated to your success

    Support in gathering supporting documents and completing a high-quality application.

    Confidence that your case is being handled by an experienced team.

    In-house document checks done by lawyers who are accredited by the IBA in Madrid and Seville.

    Regardless of what your Spain immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    Spanish Schengen Visa for Sport & Event

    The Spanish Sport & Event Visa is called Schengen Visa For Cultural / Sports / Religious Event And Film Crews.

    With a Spain Visa for Sports and Events, you can travel freely within the EU/EAA region, even if you are not a member of an EU/EAA country.

    The Spanish Sport & Event visa is only valid on a short-term basis, i.e 90 days out of 180 days.

    Do You Need A Visa To Enter Spain?

    You need to present an official document when you enter Spain. If you come from EU/EAA countries, you only need to show your personal identity card or passport to the border police.

    On the other hand, if you come from a non-EU/EAA member country, you will need to show several documents to the border police.

    • Travel document – issued within ten years and should be valid for more than three months well after your visit is over.
    • Visa – when you are visiting Spain.
    • Proof of accommodation. You can only pass through the border if you have proof of accommodation.
    • Return ticket to your homeland or evidence of further traveling.
    • You must show documents for the purpose of your entry.

    You must remember that the Border Police hold the right to deny you entry into Spain if they feel your documents are incomplete. They will also ask you questions like:

    • Why are you visiting the country?
    • How will you financially support yourself during your stay?
    • How long will you be staying in the country?

    If they are satisfied with your answers, then the police will permit you to enter Spain and thus the Schengen area.

    The Border Police must stamp your documents. You will be fined or detained from Spain if the Border Police do not stamp your documents.

    For assistance to successfully pass through Spanish border police, contact IAS. Our professional immigration officers can help support applicants through the process.

    Spain Sport & Event Visa Requirements

    Documents Required For Sport & Events Visa

    The Spanish embassy in your homeland would need you to verify the following:

    • your identity
    • the purpose of your visit or letter from the organization
    • and your background

    You can prove these things by submitting various documents such as:

    • The visa application – completed and signed visa application form.
    • Two photos – should be passport size, a recent clear shot of your head against a light background.
    • Valid passport – ensure that you have two empty pages at the end to affix the visa.
    • Your passport should not be older than 10 years.
    • It should have three more months of validity after you leave Spain and, thus, the Schengen territory.
    • Copies of your past and previous, valid and expired, all passports, all pages included.
    • Copies of any previous visas.
    • Flight tickets clearly showing dates and other important details for entering and leaving Spain.
    • Document for proof of accommodation.
    • Document showing proof of sustenance during your stay. The individual must have 100€/day or €900 per person regardless of the time of your visit.
    • A cover letter – explaining the reasons for your stay and when you will leave Spain.
    • Proof of your civil status – marriage certificate, spouse death certificate, birth certificate of children, etc.

    Spanish Travel Health Insurance

    For traveling to Spain and other Schengen states, obtaining Spain travel health insurance is mandatory before your trip. Your insurance must be of a minimum €30,000 and cover all medical emergencies and repatriation costs.

    Europ Assistance and Mondial Care are the two health insurance companies accepted by Spanish authorities.

    Don’t miss out on the excitement! Get your Sport & Events Visa for Spain today and join in on the action.

    Spain Sport & Event visa Requirements Based On your Employment Status


    Your employment status or occupation also influences the Spain Sport & Event Visa requirements:

    • For Employed Individuals Visiting Spain on Sport & Event Visa
    • Spain Sport & Event visa For Self-Employed
    • Spain Sport & Event visa For Students
    • Spain Sport & Event visa For Retirees
    • Spain Sport & Event visa Requirements For Minors

    For Employed Individuals Visiting Spain on Sport & Event Visa

    • employment letter/contract
    • Income tax receipts (ITR)
    • bank receipts from the last six months
    • Leave permission from your employer.

    Spain Sport & Event visa For Self-Employed

    • A copy of your business license
    • Company bank statement for the latest six months
    • Income Tax Return (ITR)

    Spain Sport & Event visa For Students

    • Proof of enrollment
    • No-objection certificate from school or university
    • Advertisements

    Spain Sport & Event visa For Retirees

    • proof of pension for the last six months

    If applicable

    If you are visiting Spain on Sport & Event visa then you must present

    • Proof of regular income generated for the last 6 months

    Spain Sport & Event visa Requirements For Minors

    There are some additional visa requirements for minors. The parents or guardians must fulfill these requirements when applying for a Spain or Schengen visa for minors.

    • Birth certificate
    • Spain Visa application form signed by both parents.
    • Family court order in case only one parent has full custody of the child.
    • Certified copies of ID/passport of both parents
    • A guardianship authority consent form is also required if the minor travels with only one parent or with someone else.

    Minors should appear with their guardian or parent when applying at the Spanish embassy/consulate in the home country.

    Find out the Sport & Event visa requirements for Spain based on your employment status and start planning your adventure today.

    Sport & Event Visa Requirements Based On The Purpose Of Visit To Spain

    The following documents are required if you apply for a sports and events visa for Spain.

    Invitation letter

    The signed letter should be from the host organization in Spain, mentioning the following:

    • stay period
    • reason of invitation
    • details of the activities

    Event information

    You must present documents about proof of events, such as venue, dates, entry tickets, detailed programs, and details about the crew participating.

    Proof of Previous Performance

    You must also present proof of previous international appearances, medals, certificates, and participation in ceremonies(religious and cultural).

    How To Apply For Sport & Event Visa

    This visa application process is for a short-stay visa in Spain for Sports and Events. Follow the below order for a successful visa application process.

    • Decide what kind of visa you need.
    • Know where to apply for the visa. Depending upon your residence, the visa application venue may differ. You can send a visa application to the following:
      • The Spanish Embassy
      • A Spanish consulate
      • A Visa Application Center to which Spain has outsourced visa submission
      • The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Spain has outsourced visa submission
    • Complete your visa application
    • Gather all of the required documents according to your purpose of entry
    • Interview appointment
    • Attend your interview at the appropriate venue (Spanish Embassy/Consulate/VAC).

    Processing Time for Sports & Event Visa

    The processing time for a Sports & Event Visa is 15 calendar days. It is necessary to apply a minimum of 15-20 days before the event or a maximum of 3 months before the event.

    You should also note that there are peak season times when the embassies receive a lot of visa applications. For that matter, the processing time may take 30 days. And in the most extraordinary case, that may extend to 60 days.

    Ready to explore Spain’s vibrant sports and events culture? Apply for your Sport & Event Visa now and make your dreams a reality.

    Fees for Sport & Event Visa

    The Spanish Sport & Event Visa fee is:

    Adult travelers€80
    Spanish visa for children (6 – 12 years)€40
    Spanish visa for children (under 6 years)Free

    Also, there are some cases where you will be exempted from the visa fee depending on your nationality, the purpose of your visit, and other factors. Or you may also be required to pay a lower amount, depending upon those factors.

    How Long Can you Stay in Spain with a Sport & Event Visa?

    The maximum days’ validity for Spain’s Sport & Event visa is 90 days per 180 days. But, the length of your stay also depends upon the embassy processing your visa application.

    Depending upon the embassy, you can get a 3-month or a 7-day visa.

    You can stay during the length of the event or for as long as your participation goes on a maximum of 90 days. However, for more information, you should check the sticker on your Schengen visa to remain up-to-date about your stay.

    How Can IAS Help?

    The Spain Sport & Event visa is very tricky, depending upon your residence country. Several documents and places of application can further make it precarious. You need all your paperwork in order for smooth processing.

    Immigration Advice Service is a resourceful organization with efficient immigration consultants and lawyers. We help applicants organize documents, schedule interviews, pass the visa process, etc.

    We are proficient in the Schengen Area rules and regulations and can even help you with a successful airport transit visa. Apply for a Spain Sport & Event visa knowing that an IAS officer has gotten your back.

    We will be with you every step of the way, making your application process more manageable and less daunting.

    At IAS, you will get the following benefits of representation:

    • one-on-one communication with a dedicated lawyer
    • a walk through all required documents and their validity
    • Letter of representation, if needed
    • Advice and support throughout the process

    To get started with your application, call us on (+44) 333 4149244 today. You can also contact us via live chat or contact form.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Yes, you can get a visa extension based on humanitarian reasons or force majeure.

    Yes, if they find evidence that your visa application is inconclusive or you fail to present valid documents.

    Spain became a Schengen member in 1995, and since then, people visiting Spain have needed a Schengen visa code for short-stay travelers. You will need a Schengen visa if:

    • You are traveling from a third-world country that has made it compulsory for its citizens to obtain a Schengen visa to enter the Schengen area.
    • You belong to a third-world country that agrees with visa-free movement with Schengen areas, but Spain border police or any other Schengen state previously rejected your visa application.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 12 offices across the world, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us