Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Spain Visa for Cultural, Sports, and Film Crews

If you are planning to come to Spain for a cultural or sports event, or a part of a film crew, you will need to apply for a Schengen Visa. Read this dedicated article about the specifics of the visa for cultural and sports events and film crews.

Call us on (+44) 333 4149244 to discuss your case with a lawyer at the Immigration Advice Service. We have experts here to help you over the phone, online, or in person

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS Spain Immigration Lawyers

    When it comes to obtaining a Spain visa or permit, IAS Spain immigration lawyers are well-equipped to help you.

    With IAS’ track record of successfully helping clients visit or immigrate to Ireland successfully, we can help businesses and individuals achieve their goals.

    Our dedicated immigration lawyers provide our services through a comprehensive and personalised approach. With IAS, you enjoy:

    Expert support from an experienced immigration lawyer dedicated to your success

    Support in gathering supporting documents and completing a high-quality application.

    Confidence that your case is being handled by an experienced team.

    In-house document checks done by lawyers who are accredited by the IBA in Madrid and Seville.

    Regardless of what your Spain immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    What is the Spain visa for Cultural, Sports, and Film Crews?

    The Spanish visa is one of the visa types called the Schengen Visa for Cultural, Sports, and Religious Events, and Film Crews, that lets people into the Schengen area temporarily. With this visa, you are able to travel freely within the Schengen area, without border control, even if you’re not a citizen of an EU country.

    The visa is short-term, letting people into the Schengen area for up to 90 days out of an 180-day period. Read more here about the details of the visa, including who can apply, visa fees, and processing times.

    Which documents do you need to provide for your visa application to Spain?

    There are a number of documents you will need to provide in order to have a successful visa application. Here is a list of the document requirements:

    • Application form, which will have to be filled out correctly and then signed.
    • 2 identical pictures of you taken within the last 3 months.
    • Valid passport that has to be valid for at least three months after you leave Spain. The passport needs 2 blank pages for the visa stamp.
    • A4 copy of the passport data page
    • Personal cover letter explaining why you are planning to come to Spain, how long your stay will be, and detailing what you will be doing during your stay.
    • Flight reservations to and from Spain with flight numbers and the dates of arrival in and departure from the country.
    • Proof of your accommodation in Spain:
      • Hotel bookings if you will be staying in a hotel.
      • Letter from your host if you plan to stay with friends or family for your entire stay.
      • Rent agreement if you rent accommodation in Spain.
    • Schengen travel insurance of at least €30,000 to cover any potential injuries, illnesses, or even death. The insurance needs to cover the entire Schengen area and last the duration of your visa.
    • Proof of financial stability:
      • Bank statement of the latest 6 months if you’re supporting yourself financially.
      • Letter of sponsorship if someone else is supporting you financially and can prove that they plan to cover your expenses.
    • Proof of civil status, such as a marriage certificate.

    Which documents do I need to prove my employment status?

    If you plan to come to the Schengen area, the documents you need to show depend on your employment status.

    If you are employed, you will need to show an employment contract, a leave letter from the company that employs you, your pay slips for the last 6 months, and your Income Tax Return (ITR).

    If you are self-employed, you need to bring a copy of your business licence, the bank statement of the company you work for from the past 6 months, and your Income Tax Return.

    If you are a student, you need to bring proof that you are enrolled in a university (like confirmation of registration at the university) and a letter of no objection from your university.

    If you are retired, you just have to show your pension statements for the past 6 months.

    Film crew on set

    Which information do I need to provide if I am coming to Spain for cultural or sports events?

    You will first need to give detailed information about the event, such as entry tickets, letters of invitation, in-detail program, and other relevant information. You may be rejected for your visa to the Schengen area if you do not provide sufficient information.

    You also need to provide proof of previous events or performances. This includes your participation in past festivals (if cultural) or past sports competitions, with certificates and information on your ranking (if sports).

    Which document requirements are there if I am coming to Spain as part of a film crew?

    If you’re coming to Spain as part of a film crew, you visa application will need to include:

    • A letter from the film company that goes through the name and general plot of the film, and lists all the filming locations.
    • A list of all crew members with their names and respective roles.
    • A letter from a producer or filmmaking agency within the Schengen area that confirms all the details for filming in Spain.
    • A certificate that proves a candidate is part of a film crew that is filed from the appropriate authority in your home country (like the Ministry of Culture, for example).

    You will not be allowed to film in Spain if your visa application does not have all the right documents.

    Our expert immigration lawyers can assist you with your Spain Visa application

    What is the process for a Spain visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews?

    The process to come to Schengen from your home country is not the most difficult. Here is a run-through of how to apply for the visa:

    1. Complete the application form. Make sure to fill in the correct reason for coming to Spain (e.g. “Sports” or “Cultural”).
    2. Have the scheduled interview.
    3. Collect all the documents you need for your Spain visa.
    4. Pay the required fees.

    Where do I submit my visa application for Spain?

    To come to the Schengen area on a Cultural, Sports, Religious Events Visa, you will have to submit your application in an embassy, consulate or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) of a country in the Schengen area.

    The place you go to submit the application depends on the destination country in the Schengen area. Since you are travelling to Spain, go to a Spanish embassy or consulate in your home country.

    When is the best time to apply for a Schengen Visa to Spain?

    We recommend you submit your application one month before you plan to come to Spain. You can apply as late as 15 days before, but it is best to do it more in advance.

    During peak seasons of the year applying last minute may result in an unsuccessful application and therefore we highly recommend you apply at least one month in advance.

    You can apply up to 6 months in advance for your Schengen visa.

    How long is the application process for Cultural, Sports, Religious Event, and Film Crews Visa to Spain?

    This visa is not the longest to process. A Spanish embassy or consulate will usually take 15 days (2 weeks) to process the application.

    When embassies receive a high number of applications, your visa may take 30, or even up to 60, days to process. Bear this in mind when applying for a Cultural, Sports, Religious Event, and Film Crews Visa.

    Find out how we can assist with your Schengen Visa application.

    How long is the Spain visa valid for?

    The Cultural, Sports, Religious Event and Film Crews Visa to Spain is valid for a maximum of 90 days in an 180-day (6-month) period, meaning you can only spend 90 days of the latest 6 months in Spain.

    The length of your visa depends, however, on the embassy that issues the visa. The visa, then, can be valid for only one week, or 2 months.

    In general, you can stay in the Schengen area for as long as the event is going on. If you are part of a film crew, the visa for Spain will be only valid during shooting; if you are coming to the Schengen area for a cultural or sports event, you can stay for the duration of the music festival, sports competition, or convention.

    After the end of the visa, you have to leave the Schengen country (Spain) and return to your home country.

    What if I want to go to other Schengen countries on my Cultural, Sports, Religious Event and Film Crews Visa?

    Spain is a member of the Schengen area, a border-free zone within the European Union. Once you are in the Schengen area, you are allowed to travel freely within the entire zone.

    There is no issue with travelling in the Schengen area during your short stay in the EU.

    A Spanish embassy will approve your visa if you can prove that Spain is the country in the Schengen area where you will be spending most of your time.

    What are the fees for a Cultural, Sports, Religious Event and Film Crews Visa to Spain?

    It usually costs €80 per adult to come to the Schengen area with a visa. Children aged from 6 to 12 have to pay €40.

    The following people do not have to pay visa fees, however: children under the age of six, a family member of an EU national, students on a school trip, researchers, and representatives of NGOs.

    You may have to pay the fee for your short stay in the Schengen area with cash. Credit cards or checks may not be accepted.

    Film crew on set

    Call us for further assistance with your Spain visa or immigration matter.

    How Can IAS Help?

    Cultural, Sports, Religious Event and Film Crews Visas may seem like they have simple application processes, as processing times are relatively short and fees are lower than for other visas.

    These visas require a lot of specific documents to be accepted by Spanish embassies or consulates, however. Forgetting one important document may result in an unsuccessful application, meaning that you are not allowed to come to Spain.

    At IAS, we understand that the amount of documents you need to provide can be unclear and overwhelming. That’s why we have a team of dedicated and highly-qualified immigration lawyers who will support you in your application to come to Spain.

    The support you can expect from the Immigration Advice Service team includes:

    • one-to-one communication, on Skype, over the phone, or even in person;
    • a thorough check of the validity of all your documents;
    • a Letter of Representation from our lawyers with your application;
    • the assurance that your application will be complete to the highest standard.

    IAS is known for its high success rate with visa applications, as your dedicated lawyers are highly experienced in immigration law. To apply for a Cultural, Sports, Religious Event and Film Crews Visa to Spain, contact IAS online, or on (+44) 333 4149244 for professional advice or assistance from lawyers.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    No, this visa only grants you a short stay in Spain and in the Schengen area in general. This visa will be valid for as long as the duration of the event you participate in.

    There are no covid vaccination restrictions to come to Spain. Only people coming from China need to have proof of vaccination.

    You still need to complete an application form for a visa even if you are married to an EU national. However, you will not have to pay the €80 application fee. Make sure to bring your marriage certificate to ensure you are not required to pay the fee.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 20 offices across the UK, find a branch near you:

    Find a branch

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.