Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Seasonal Work Visa for Spain

If you are interested in work visas for temporary work in Spain, the Seasonal Work Visa for Spain might be the right choice for you. This visa can help you to work in Spain as a legal citizen on a seasonal basis.

If you need any advice regarding the visa application process, you can reach out to our team of experienced immigration lawyers here at IAS. Call us at (+44) 333 4149244 or find us online, for advice and legal services.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Overview of the Seasonal Work Visa Spain

    If you are a non-EU citizen without an EU blue card and you need to travel to Spain for work, you could apply for a Seasonal Work Visa.

    For a worker with temporary contracts in Spain, this type of visa can allow you to legally live and work in Spain for the duration of your seasonal contract.

    To apply for this visa with the Spanish immigration authorities, you must understand whether you are eligible and become familiar with the application process.

    What Is the Seasonal Workers Visa in Spain?

    The Spanish Seasonal Work Visa is designed to support temporary work in Spain. If you have received a job offer or contract to begin a short-term role in Spain, then accessing this visa will allow you to live and work in Spain for the duration of your contract.

    This visa type is competitive. There is a quota for how many workers can obtain a visa. Countries with bilateral agreements with the Spanish government will have an advantage during the application process.

    If you need to travel across the European Union for the duration of your contract, you will need an EU Blue Card issued by a member if the EU states. The EU Blue Card is a visa valid for up to 4 years, allowing the applicant to travel across Europe freely, permitting them to live and work as a resident in up to 25 countries. The applicant must not be from the European Union to submit this work permit application.

    If you are concerned about the success of your application, then you might benefit from legal assistance. At IAS, we have a team of expert immigration lawyers that can assist you in creating your application portfolio, increasing the likelihood of your success. Contact us now if you are seeking advice and support for the application process.

    Who Is Eligible for the Seasonal Work Visa Spain?

    The Visa for Seasonal Work is necessary for those who need to visit Spain for their contracted work. To apply for the Spanish Seasonal Work Visa, you should meet the requirements listed below:

    • Receive a job offer from a company in Spain – you must have proof of your job offer from a company within Spain.
    • Have a business plan in Spain – if the applicant is to be an entrepreneur starting a business, they need to provide proof of your business plan in Spain.
    • Have a work authorisation visa – your employer can obtain a work authorisation permit for you.
    • Have appropriate accommodation – you need to provide proof of your accommodation in the country, which your employer has provided and arranged for you.
    • Possess the funds for travel – you must provide evidence of your financial ability to cover the cost of travel into and from the country.
    • Intent to return to your home country – you need to provide sufficient evidence that you plan to return to your home country once your work is finished.

    If you comply with the eligibility requirements listed above, you should begin applying for the Spanish Seasonal Work Visa with immigration authorities in Spain. It is highly recommended that you seek the services of a legal professional to increase your chance of success.

    How to Apply for a Seasonal Work Visa in Spain as a Non-EU Citizen?

    You can begin the application process if you are eligible for the Spain Seasonal Work Visa. To be able to start your application, your employer must acquire a work authorisation visa on your behalf.

    They can do this by contacting the Provincial Alien Affairs Office or the Department of Labour for different Autonomous Communities. When your application for work authorisation is approved at the embassy, you will automatically receive your residence permit.

    Then, you can begin the application with your local Spanish embassy or consular office. If you are already in Spain, you must visit your local immigration authorities to apply for the seasonal work permit.

    Before you contact the Spanish consular office or embassy, it is a good idea to prepare the documents and evidence you need to support your application.

    Contacting a legal expert can help you prepare your portfolio and ensure no gaps in the information provided. Reach out to us at IAS to receive support and advice throughout the seasonal work permit application process.

    What Documents Do I Need to Apply for a Spanish Seasonal Work Visa?

    To apply for a Spanish Seasonal Work Visa, you must prepare supporting documents and print the necessary forms. Here is a checklist of all the documents you need for your work permit:

    • National Visa Application Form – you should support your application with a filled-out and signed National Visa Application Form. Parents and guardians can fill out this form on a minor’s behalf.
    • Photograph – you should provide a recent passport-style picture with your application. The photograph should be passport-sized and in colour. When taking this photo, ensure you are against a plain white background, with adequate lighting and a clear view of your face.
    • Valid Passport – you should provide your valid passport with your application. Please note that your passport must still be valid for up to 4 months. Your passport must also contain at least 2 blank pages. Passports issued over 10 years ago will be rejected.
    • Autorización De Residencia y Trabajo por Cuenta Ajena (residence permit and work authorisation) – you must provide your residence permit and work authorisation with your application. You must begin the application within at least one month of your employer receiving approval from the work authorities.
    • Work Contract – you must provide proof of your job offer and your intent to work in Spain. You can do this by supplying a copy of your contract with the Spanish company. The contract should be stamped by the Foreign Nationals Office.
    • Criminal Record Check Certificate – in your application, you must provide a certificate from a criminal record check from your country of origin. You must provide both the original and a copy of the certificate, and the certificate cannot be older than 3 months when you submit your application. You must legalise these documents through the Spanish Representative in your country.
    • Medical Certificate – you must undergo a medical check during the application to confirm your health status. This process ensures that you do not have any health conditions that could threaten the general Spanish population. The certificate is only valid for up to 3 months before you must submit your application, and a licensed medical practitioner must perform the medical examination. You must provide a sworn translation of the document and both an original and a copy of the certificate. The certificate must be legalised by the Spanish Representative in your country.
    • Proof of Residence – you need to provide proof of your legal residence in the country from which you apply. You may provide proof of your study in the country in place of legal residence.
    • Proof of Representative’s Identity and Capacity – if someone else is submitting the visa application on your behalf, you must provide proof of their identity and their capacity. For parents of minors, this includes identification in the form of a passport, along with documents supporting kinship, such as a birth certificate. These documents must be legalised by the Spanish Representative. You must provide an original, a copy, and a sworn translation with these documents.

    You must provide payment of the visa fees alongside your application. The fee must be paid in local currency, and you can pay it when submitting your application in person.

    Once you have prepared all the documents listed above, you must contact the immigration authorities or consulate to book an appointment. You must then attend the meeting to hand in your application form and make a payment. You may be subject to an interview should the consular office have additional questions regarding your application.

    Our expert immigration lawyers can assist you with your Seasonal Work Visa application.

    How Much Does the Spanish Seasonal Worker Visa Cost?

    The cost of your Spain Seasonal Worker Visa is subject to variation. The fee depends on the length of your contract and the country from which you apply for a visa. However, in addition to the Seasonal Worker Visa fee, you must consider the following costs when making your calculations:

    • Translation fees – you must have sworn translations created for most of the documents supporting your application.
    • Medical checks – you may be subject to fees to obtain a medical check and certificate.
    • Photographs – you may need to pay for professional photography services to provide passport-style photos.
    • Residence card costs – if your company is not covering the cost of residence cards for foreign nationals, then you will be required to cover the cost. You must be able to cover the expense of around $104.
    • Social security payments – to travel to spain and stay in Spain for work, you must maintain your social security payments. The current social security payments are around 7% of your annual income.

    You must be aware of your financial obligations before and after you receive a work permit issued by the Spanish embassy.

    An immigration lawyer can help you with the process and direct you to the most affordable options for your translations, medical checks, and photographs. If the application is unsuccessful, your fees will not be refunded – which is why it is advantageous to enlist the services of a legal professional.

    The cost of the Visa for Seasonal Work in Spain is between €73 and €550, depending upon the length of your stay and your country of origin.

    How to Submit Your Spain Seasonal Worker Visa Application?

    To submit your documents and complete the application, you must prepare your application portfolio, including all necessary documents. Then, you can contact your local Spanish consulate or embassy to book an appointment. An appointment is necessary since you must hand in your application in person. When booking the appointment, you must be prepared to provide the following information:

    • Your given name and surname
    • Your passport number
    • Your email address
    • Your phone number
    • Your address or place of residence
    • The type of visa you wish to apply for

    If you are a parent or guardian applying on behalf of a minor, you should make this clear in your contact with the Spanish embassy.

    Once you have booked the appointment, you must visit the Spanish consulate up to 30 minutes before your appointment. If you are late, the consulate may reject your application.

    During your appointment, you will submit your application portfolio, and the Spanish consulate will request payment of the visa fee. If your application lacks sufficient information or the consulate has additional questions, you may be subject to an interview.

    Why Might My Spanish Seasonal Work Visa Be Refused?

    Refusal for the Spain seasonal work visa can be for many reasons. Firstly, the visa is competitive. Certain countries will be prioritised during the approval process due to the country’s existing bilateral arrangements with the government of Spain, such as Australia and the Philippines. If your visa is rejected, it could be for this reason. However, there are several other reasons why your Seasonal Work Visa might be rejected:

    • You did not provide sufficient evidence to support your application, or you did not complete the application forms.
    • You did not provide proof of your eligibility for the visa type.
    • Your criminal record check revealed a criminal history involving moral turpitude, drug offences, or over 2 criminal convictions.
    • You provided fraudulent or incorrect information in your application.
    • Your employer did not obtain the necessary work permits or residence permits.

    These are the most common reasons your visa might be refused. To avoid refusal, you must ensure your application is not missing any crucial documents and confirm the work permit issued by the Provincial Alien Affairs Office. To support your application and increase the likelihood of success, you can access support from our legal team at Immigration Advice Service.

    How Long Does It Take to Process Seasonal Work Visas in Spain?

    Once you have submitted your application to the Spanish embassy or consulate, you will receive proof of receipt.

    The proof of receipt will be accompanied by a code that allows you to check the status of your visa application. During this time, if the embassy needs any additional documents from you, they will provide you with a request for more information. You could also receive a request for an interview during this time.

    If your Spain seasonal work visa application is approved, you can expect to receive your approval within at least 1 month of the submission date. However, please note that your application could take longer to process if you need to attend an interview or supply further documentation.

    If your visa is approved, you will receive notification of the approval, allowing you to collect the visa. You must collect your work visa in person at the Spain embassy. At this time, the consulate will return your passport and personal documents. You must visit the embassy or consulate to collect your visa within 1 month of receiving approval.

    If your application is unsuccessful, it is possible to submit an appeal.

    If the work contract is for up to 1 year, your visa will be valid for up to 90 days at the end of this period. Upon entering Spain to begin your new role, you must register with the Spanish Social Security system. You must then visit the Foreign Nationals’ Office to collect your Foreign Identity Card within 1 month of registering with the Social Security system.

    Find out how we can assist with your Seasonal Work Visa application.

    How Can I Appeal the Decision If Rejected for a Spanish Seasonal Work Visa?

    To appeal for the Spanish Seasonal Work Visa, you must submit your appeal for reconsideration to the Spanish embassy within 1 month of receiving your visa denial. You should address your appeal to the Visa Department and send your appeal via mail or courier service.

    When you receive your refusal, it will be in written format, with an explanation of the reason why your visa request for Spain was denied. This will give you an understanding of your eligibility and what evidence you should provide in your appeal.

    You can also submit an appeal to the Ministry of Justice Madrid should your appeal for reconsideration be refused. Since the Ministry of Justice is a foreign court system, you must have an understanding of the visa appeal process.

    If you have received a visa refusal issued by the Ministry of Justice or the embassy, you might benefit from legal assistance during the appeal process. At IAS, we can strengthen your appeal and increase your likelihood of receiving approval to work in Spain.

    If you need a visa to begin your new job, reach out to our experienced team of immigration lawyers.

    Can You Bring Family Members with You under Seasonal Work Visas?

    If you apply for a Spain Seasonal Work Permit, your family is not entitled to be included in your visa. However, any family living outside the European Union are allowed in Spain once the applicant has legally resided in the country for at least 1 year and held a residence permit and work contract for an additional year.

    After a year, the family members can apply for a residence permit as a dependent. They do not need to apply for a work permit, as they will be able to work in Spain legally as your dependent. However, they will need a visa, which they can obtain by applying with the Spanish embassy or consulate in their country of origin.

    If your family members already hold an EU Blue Card or are European Union member state nationals, they can join you in Spain without waiting 1 year.

    Can You Apply for Seasonal Work Visas If You Are a Self-Employed Non-EU Citizen?

    If you are self-employed or working as an artist or freelancer, you will not be eligible for the Spain Seasonal Work Visa. Instead, you would be better suited to the Self-Employed or Freelance Visa, which you can apply for at the Spanish embassy. This visa type is designed to allow self-employed workers to access work permits in Spain.

    Call us for further assistance with your Seasonal Work Visa immigration matter.

    How Can IAS Help?

    If you want to become a resident in Spain via a work permit application, you may need assistance in preparing your portfolio and understanding the applicant process.

    You need to understand how to create a legalised copy of your personal documents, and you need to understand which type of visa best suits your work visa needs. Our team of highly professional immigration lawyers can help you to create a copy of your vital documents and can help you to arrange sworn translations.

    Applying for a work permit at the Spanish Embassy can be overwhelming on your own, which is why we are here to help. If your visa request has been denied, we can provide you with the best advice and support to facilitate a successful appeal with the Ministry of Justice Madrid.

    To learn more about applying for a visa, and begin your application process, reach out to our team online today or on (+44) 333 4149244. IAS has extensive knowledge of Spanish immigration laws that you can use to your advantage.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 20 offices across the UK, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us