Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm
Contact Us

Moving to the UK from the United Arab Emirates

Citizens of the United Arab Emirates continue to look to the UK as a place to relocate. Whether for work, study, investment or to join your family, IAS have experience advising on moving to the UK from the UAE.

To get expert advice from our team of experienced lawyers, contact us on +44333 363 8577 today or make an enquiry online.

Read our 899 reviews

Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Benefits of Choosing IAS’ Immigration Lawyers

    At IAS, we understand that every case and client is unique, so we provide bespoke assessment and support to each client. With us, you get a dedicated immigration lawyer who is dedicated to ensuring your application is successful. Enjoy the following benefits with IAS:

    Compassionate support from an experienced immigration lawyer dedicated to your success

    Support in gathering supporting documents and completing a high-quality application.

    A personalised Letter of Representation to help compile a compelling case for approval

    Continued support from your lawyer in the event of any complications.

    Regardless of what your personal immigration query might be, IAS is here to help and support you. Call us or enquire online to learn more about how we can help you.

    Services we Provide

    Moving to the UK from the United Arab Emirates

    The UK is a popular destination for UAE citizens looking to relocate or visit for a number of reasons, including business and work opportunities as well as a wide range of world-class educational institutions located across the country.

    However, in the UAE the life is very different in comparison to the UK. The UAE is a Muslim country with a contrasting culture and different traditions to here in the UK. This can make the move to Britain seem daunting, but moving to the UK from the UAE can be simple with the right guidance. The country also has large Emirati expat communities, particularly in the city of London, which can make it easier to settle.

    If you intend on moving from the UAE to UK to stay for more than six months, you’ll need a relevant UK visa. It is important to consider your options carefully to make the correct decision about which visa you require. There are many categories of UK visa that UAE citizens can be eligible for, deciding which one is best for you will depend on your circumstances and the reason for your intended move.

    Moving to the UK from the UAE for work

    If you are planning to move from the UAE to work in the UK, then you’ll need to hold a work permit. There are several UK work visas available to UAE citizens, the one you will need to apply for will depend on the type of work that you’ll be doing and how long you plan to work in the UK for.

    The most common UK work visa is the Skilled Worker Visa. To be eligible for this visa, UAE citizens must have a job offer from a registered UK Sponsor company. You’ll also need to meet the minimum salary threshold for your job type.

    Unless you’re living in the United Kingdom under a visa that is eligible to switch to the Skilled Worker Visa, then you must apply for this visa whilst you are still living in the UAE. You can apply from the UAE online using the application from available on the gov.uk website. You will also need to book an appointment at a visa application centre. There is one located in Dubai as well as Abu Dhabi.

    Starting a business in the UK

    The UAE is the UK’s 18th largest trading partner, 14th largest export market and 20th largest import market, this means that there is a vast number of business opportunities in the UK for residents of the UAE. There are a number of UK business visas that are popular in the UAE. They are designed specifically for those wishing to start a business in the UK, as well as those wishing to invest in business in the UK, and they include the:

    • The Startup Visa: for new entrepreneurs who wish to launch a business in the UK, you must be endorsed by an authorised body
    • The Investor Visa: a high-value migration route for those who are able to invest at least £2 million in UK businesses
    • The Innovator Visa: for experienced business people who plan to start a business in the United Kingdom, you’ll need a minimum of £50,000 to invest in your business

    Each visa has its own specific requirements that you need to meet but our lawyers can tell you all you need to know about how to apply for a business visa and exactly how you can meet the requirements.

    For more information about moving to the UK from the UAE, speak to our professional immigration lawyers today

    Studying in the UK

    The UK is the most popular destination for Emirati students, with around 3,400 students from the UAE studying in UK universities.

    If you want to start the process of moving from the UAE to UK for a period of study, then you’ll need to make a Student Visa application. You must already have an offer for an educational course in the UK, and provide evidence that you have the funds to pay for both your expected course and your living costs during your stay.

    You must have been granted your UK Study Visa before you enter the country. The process usually takes around three weeks, so we recommend applying three weeks before your course begins. Once approved, you can usually enter a week before your course starts.

    How can IAS help?

    Moving from the UAE to the UK is a life-changing event. The UK immigration system is notoriously complex, and this means that making the move can be stressful, time-consuming and complicated. Our immigration lawyers are dedicated to assisting people all over the world with their immigration journey and are passionate about making the move as stress-free as possible.

    By seeking the assistance of one of our professional immigration lawyers, you’ll have someone their to help you throughout your move from Dubai to the UK. Our immigration lawyers can inform you of all you need to know about the UK immigration system. They offer reliable immigration advice and can assess your eligibility for the many UK visas.

    Getting the help of a good lawyer is one of the most important things when it comes to applying for a UK visa, and will greatly increase your chances of success. Although we are based in the UK, our lawyers can still assist you whilst you’re in the UAE. They offer appointments over the phone and via skype call in which they can assist you with immigration applications.

    For more information about how our lawyers can help you to move from the UAE to UK, contact us today on 0333 363 8577.

    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone.

    Table of Contents

    Table of Contents will appear here.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    If you have family or a relative living in the UK with either British Citizenship, settlement or asylum status then you may be eligible for a UK Family Visa. This entitles you to move to the UK for a period of six months or more. Most commonly, this visa will allow you to stay for up to 33 months, after which you can extend your visa.

    The requirements for the Family Visa are very difficult. You’ll need detailed evidence to prove to the Home Office or the Entry Clearance Officer that you are a suitable applicant. You must be over 18, and be able to prove that your relationship with the person you will be joining is genuine and legally recognised. You’ll also need to prove you intend to remain living with the person during your stay and that they have adequate space for you to live.

    As with the majority of UK visas, you will also have to show a solid understanding of English.

    The UK Spouse Visa is a common visa type for moving to the UK. IAS has a great deal of experience with this type of visa and how to prove you are eligible. The initial requirement is that your spouse or civil partner be a British Citizen so that they can sponsor your application.

    You must also prove that your marriage is legally recognised in the UK, you intend to live together during your time in the country and you can meet the minimum income requirement. This is to ensure you will not have to rely on public funds, as you will not be eligible to apply for them. A Spouse Visa will also mean you are eligible to work in the UK during your stay.

    The income requirement for the UK sponsor is £18,600 per year.

    This visa is similar to the Spouse Visa for those intending to join a long-term partner residing in the UK. The Unmarried Partner Visa, has different requirements when there is no legal relation to the person you will be joining upon moving to the UK.

    You and your partner must be over 18 and able to prove you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship. You may also be required to prove that all previous relationships have ceased. You will have to prove you intend to enter a legally recognised relationship, such as marriage or a civil partnership, and/or you have already been living together for at least two years before your application.

    The minimum income requirement of £18,600 of the UK sponsor is also required for your application. This will increase with any dependent children.

    If you intend to enter into marriage or a civil partnership, you must show that you will do so within the first six months of having your visa granted.

    No, as a UAE Citizen moving to the UK, your visa application will not be impacted when Britain leaves the EU. This will only have an effect on European citizens, and currently has no impact at all.

    Yes, as well as assisting those who wish to move to the UK from the UAE, our lawyers also offer their services to those wishing to emigrate from the UK to the UAE. Our lawyer can give you advice about your options for emigrating to the UAE and can give you information about everything you need to know, including visa requirements, application processes and life in the UAE.

    What our clients are saying

    We are the UK’s leading immigration specialists

    OISC Accredited UK Immigration lawyers

    We’ve had over 9000 applications approved

    We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 6pm.

    How our UK Immigration Lawyers can help

    At the Immigration Advice Service our lawyers specialise in a wide range of UK visas, nationality and asylum applications and have represented clients in various successful complex and high-profile cases.

    Get in Touch


    Immigration Advice Service
    Ashwood House, Ellen Street
    Oldham, OL9 6QR

    We have over 12 offices across the world, find a branch near you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

      In the news

      Get in touch with our team

      Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.

      Contact Us