Am I eligible for British Citizenship by marriage?
In order to make your application, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are 18 years-of-age or over at the time of your application
- You demonstrate good character, which means you cannot have a criminal record
- You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK or have EEA permanent residence
- You have not have broken any immigration laws, including overstaying any visa
- You are able to speak English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic
- You meet the residential qualifying period of three years
- You are married to a British Citizen
During the application, you must be able to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the UK by passing the ‘Life in the UK’ test and meeting the English Language requirements.