Dependent Child Visa
A non-EEA dependent child of a British Citizen or a person with settled status can enter and remain in the UK using a Dependent Child Visa UK.
As long as the child is eligible for a Dependent Child Visa, they will be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. The child can usually apply for British Naturalisation once they have lived in the UK for a continuous five years.
Dependent child visa application help
At IAS, we understand the importance of being close to family and we want to help you be close to yours. Our team of dedicated lawyers can help you secure your UK Dependent Child Visa.
One of our lawyers will spend an untimed session working with you to assess you/your child’s eligibility. We will perform a thorough document check for both you and your child and ensure that your application form is completed properly.
Your lawyer will also create a Letter of Representation to accompany the application which will discuss the positives of your case and cite UK immigration regulations which support it. With IAS, your chances of being granted a Dependent Child Visa UK will be maximised.
Contact us on 0333 363 8577 or make an enquiry online now to speak personally about your circumstances with one of our immigration lawyers.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
To be eligible for a Dependent Child Visa, you must be able to demonstrate that:
- You are under 18
- You are not leading an independent life
- You are not married or in a civil partnership
- You have not formed an independent family unit while in the UK.
There are several additional requirements with even more for adopted children.
Yes, as the parent of a child who is a British Citizen or settled in the UK, you can apply for permission to enter or stay here. You will need to show that you have sole responsibility for the child, or at the very least access rights. You must also show that you can maintain yourself without relying on public funds. If you meet all the requirements you will be granted temporary permission to remain in the UK for 30 months. You will be eligible to stay for a further 30 months if you continue to meet the requirements. After five years you can apply for ILR.
If you are outside the UK you must obtain your visa before travelling. If you are already in the UK you will be eligible provided:
- You are not on another Visitor Visa or on temporary admission
- Your permission to stay was not given for a period of fewer than six months (unless as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) (and)
- You are not in breach of the Immigration Rules (overstaying for less than 28 days will not be taken into account).
IAS has a wealth of immigration lawyers who are all experts in their field. We have a proven track record of helping foreign nationals, from a range of different backgrounds and circumstances, successfully gain UK Visas. At IAS, we understand the importance of being close to family.
Our lawyers can:
- Meet with/contact you within a day of first contact
- Walk you through your next steps and requirements
- Determine your eligibility for a Dependent Child Visa
- Perform a full document check to confirm that they are sufficient
- Agree on a suitable time to liaise with you in person, via phone or Skype
- Prepare a Letter of Representation which references your supporting documents, relevant UK immigration laws, regulations and cases in support of your application
- Liaise with the Home Office during your application;
- Complete your application form in full to the highest standard.
Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you successfully gain your Dependent Child Visa UK.