Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

Immigration Lawyers in Athersley

At IAS, our expert immigration lawyers in Athersley have a wealth of experience suitable enough to handle any kind of immigration application. With our OISC certified solicitors having a track record of over 5,000 approved applications, you can count on our expert knowledge and deep-rooted understanding of the cultural diversity in and around Athersley and every community in the UK.

Our lawyers in Athersley are available to answer any queries on immigration, call 0333 305 9375.

I need assistance in the business immigration law area, can your lawyers in Athersley help?

Our immigration lawyers in Athersley are familiar with all aspects of UK immigration law, including business and corporate immigration issues. They can assist with a range of business issues, including applications for business visas and assistance with employment law issues.

If you are looking to start or invest in a business in the UK, then there may be several visa options available to you under the Tier 1 route, these include the Tier 1:

Our immigration lawyers can guide you through the application process for any of the above visas, as well as assessing your eligibility for them.

If you are a UK business looking to hire overseas workers, then our lawyers in Athersley will also be able to assist you. They offer support with Sponsor Licence applications, ensuring that you have everything that you will need for a successful application and that you are aware of the employment law that you will need to follow as a sponsor company.

To learn more about your business immigration options, speak to our Athersley solicitors today on 0333 305 9375.

What are the UK Family Visa types?

If you are a non-EEA national and intend to stay in the UK for a period that exceeds 6 months, you will need to make a Family Visa application if you meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Your family member/ spouse is a British citizen
  • Your family member/ spouse has ILR or settled status
  • You have an eligible relationship with an individual in the UK with refugee status or humanitarian protection

If you are currently living in the UK on a different visa, you may be able to switch to a family visa in order to stay with your child, fiancee or partner. There are many variations of a UK Family Visa, all of which depend on the relationship that you have with the UK settled person.

Table of Contents

Table of Contents will appear here.

Frequently Asked Questions

As with visa applications, you reserve the right to undertake an appeal yourself.

However, the difference between an application and an appeal is that with appeals, you will need to present a strong case to the court to convince them effectively on why your application be granted. In these cases, we strongly recommend the use of a professional firm with a vast knowledge of this, to ensure you have the greatest chance of successful appeal.

The term ‘asylum seeker’ refers to one who fled their home due to persecution and is now searching for refuge in a different country because they cannot return to their country because their lives are at risk.

An asylum seeker can apply for humanitarian protection in a different country. If they receive it, they are entitled to an international-recognized right.

In the UK, a person who now has refugee status can hold this for about 5 years. They would also have the opportunity to extend their leave afterwards.

If an asylum application is not granted, this person has a refused asylum claim. Depending on the case, a person may be forcibly asked to leave the country or they may return to their country of origin without force.

In 2019, about 80 million people worldwide were displaced from their homes. The UK hosts 1% of the world’s 29.6 million refugees.

Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship allow you to make the UK your permanent place of abode, though they have certain qualities that differentiate them.

ILR allows you to live in the United Kingdom permanently but with some restrictions; if you leave the UK for more than two years, your ILR can be revoked.

With British citizenship, there is no restriction on how long you can stay overseas. You may also be eligible for a United Kingdom passport which you can use to travel in and out of the country. You can also vote in all UK elections as well as run for office.

Contact any of our expert immigration lawyers in Athersley for more information.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.