Why should I choose your Tottenham immigration lawyers?
Regardless of how complex your situation is, our Tottenham immigration lawyers have the skills, knowledge and work ethic that is needed to find a positive solution. We are industry-leading practitioners of immigration law, with an extensive track record of securing approved applications for our clients.
From the moment you walk through our doors, we will do everything within our power to make you fll both welcome and at home. Equality is our guiding principle here at the Immigration Advice Service. We believe that all people, regardless of background, are entitled to reliable, affordable immigration advice, and look to implement this belief at every opportunity.
In addition to providing a first-rate legal service, we are also deeply committed to making a positive difference in the world around us. We are involved in a number of community and voluntary projects on an organisation-wide scale, and frequently host in-house charity activities for a wide range of good causes. We are also keen to contribute towards environmental protection goals by minimising our impact on the environment.
Will you talk me through the British citizenship by marriage eligibility requirements?
Yes, assisting with British citizenship by marriage applications forms a huge part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. If you opt for our help, we will talk you through the eligibility requirements in full,
The British citizenship by marriage eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years of age;
- You must have satisfied the ‘Good Character’ requirement- this involves demonstrating that you will respect and adhere to the laws and rights of the UK;
- You must have been granted settled status in the form of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR);
- You must have been continuously and lawfully resident in the UK for a minimum of three years;
- You must have passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a series of questions pertaining to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
- You must have passed an approved English language exam at CEFR level B1 or above;
- You must be the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen or settled person.
Failing to understand these requirements could lead to an incomplete or incorrect application, which in turn could lead to you having to completely restart the application process. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Did you know that our Tottenham immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome people into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. This means that even if you are based outside of North London, you are still able to receive the help of our talented Tottenham legal team.
Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 to begin the process. We look forward to hearing from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, assisting with ILR applications forms a major part of our work.
We will ensure that you meet the residency requirements, and help you prepare for both the Life in the UK Test and the English language exam.
If you are submitting your application from overseas, the current Spouse Visa fee is £1,523.
If you are submitting your application from within the UK, the cost is reduced to £1,033.