What are the eligibility requirements for British Citizenship by Marriage?
British Citizenship by Marriage is the process by which non-EEA spouses of British citizens become naturalised as British citizens. In order for your the British Citizenship by Marriage application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied.
- You must have passed to the Life in the UK Test- this is a series of questions pertaining to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
- You must hold Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR);
- You must have been a continuous and lawful resident of the UK for at least three years;
- You must have demonstrated the ‘Good Character’ requirement throughout your time in the UK- to do this, you must be free from criminal convictions and have always adhered to the UK immigration rules;
- You must at least 18 years of age;
- You must demonstrate the required level of English language proficiency.
Failure to fulfil these requirements could result in the outright rejection of your application. Taking this into account, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers. We’re here for you in person, over the phone and via Skype.
What are the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) application processing times?
There is no specific timescale for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications. If you opt for the standard application service, you ought to receive a decision from the UKVI within six months.
A priority service is available if you require a quick decision on your application. This service will ensure that your application is processed within five working days- it costs £500. A super-priority service is available for extremely time-sensitive applications. This costs £800 and ought to deliver you a decision on your application within one working day.
Did you know that our Waddon immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. With this in mind, you do not need to be based locally in South London to receive our support.
Yes, assisting with Fiance Visas forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service.
From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case to ensuring that you meet the financial requirement, our services are designed to succeed.
Partner and Visa applications from abroad cost £1,523. If you are applying from within the UK, you will be charged £1,033.