Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm

Find an office

20 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 7000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
4.7 rating 2649 reviews

How do I contact the Home Office?

Many people need to get in contact with the Home Office for enquiries about visa applications, to track a visa status, or find out further information about an immigration case. Although it can be difficult to contact UKVI, there are phone, email, post, and online contact details. This page is an ultimate resource of all contact details for the Home Office.


    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    What are the contact details for the UK Home Office?

    To get in touch with the Home Office, you can use one of the below methods:

    • Phone inside or outside the UK
    • Email inside or outside the UK
    • Send a letter via post
    • Use an online communication portal
    • Use a social media platform

    Please note that some charges may apply, depending on the method of contact.

    Additionally, the contact details are different depending on where you are located and the nature of your query.

    There are many ways that you can get in touch with the customer service team at the Home Office UK, including via email, phone, or social media.

    You can contact UK immigration (also known as UK Visas and Immigration) with your query using one of the below methods.

    UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) oversees applications for foreign nationals who wish to visit, work, study, or settle in the UK. This agency was previously part of the UK Border Agency (UKBA) which was shut down in 2013.

    This page outlines every available current method of contacting the Home Office.

    How to get in contact with the Home Office inside the UK

    General enquiries phone number: +44 (0) 300 790 6268

    If you cannot call 0300 numbers: +44 (0) 203 875 4669

    Opening hours: 09:00 – 16:45 (Monday to Thursday), 09:00 – 16:30 (Friday)


    EU citizen/ settlement application queries phone number: +44 (0) 300 123 7379

    Opening hours: 08:00 – 20:00 (Monday to Friday), 09:30 – 16:30 (Saturday and Sunday)


    Asylum queries phone number: +44 (0) 80 8801 0503

    Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday)

    Email address: [email protected]


    Sponsor and educator queries phone number: +44 (0) 300 123 4699

    Opening hours: 11:00 – 15:00 (Monday to Thursday)

    Employer email address: [email protected]

    Educational institution email address: [email protected]


    Home Office Coronavirus helpline phone number: +44 (0) 800 678 1767

    Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday)

    Coronavirus helpline email address: [email protected]

    Please note that coronavirus guidance changes very frequently and to stay updated on government advice (including on travel restrictions and opening hours of public bodies), it is recommended to check the UK government coronavirus advice page regularly.

    Call the Home Office outside the UK

    General enquiries phone number: +44 (0) 20 3080 0010

    If you are unable to dial UK 03000 numbers: +44 (0) 203 875 4669

    Opening hours: 08:00 – 20:00 (Monday to Friday), 09:30 – 16:30 (Saturday and Sunday) (UK local time)

    You can use these contact details if you need help with one of the following:

    • Applying for a visa to come to the UK
    • Updates on the progress of your application
    • Technical issues with your application
    • A mistake you made with your application
    • Issues accessing your account
    • Issues making a payment to UKVI

    Send an enquiry to UK Visas and Immigration outside the UK

    To email UKVI from outside the UK, you will be required to pay £2.74 via credit or debit card. This cost includes the initial email and any follow-up emails.

    You can expect to receive a response within five working days. Please be aware that the staff in the contact centre organisations are not involved in the decision of your application.

    Contact UKVI with your query via online portal.

    Contact the Home Office/ UKVI in a language other than English

    Phone number: +44 (0) 300 790 6268

    Opening hours:

    • Arabic (05:00 – 13:00, Sunday to Thursday, UK local time)
    • Cantonese (01:00 – 09:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)
    • French (09:00 – 17:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)
    • Hindi (04:00 – 12:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)
    • Mandarin (01:00 – 09:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)
    • Russian (06:00 – 14:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)
    • Spanish (13:00 – 01:00, Monday to Friday, UK local time)

    Take the first step. Request a Fact Finding + Expert Consultation Get in touch

      Fill out the form

      How to get in contact with the Home Office for online help

      If you have any of the below problems and you want to get in touch with the Home Office from inside the UK, you should email the online support team at: [email protected]

      • Problems with your online application
      • Changing details you submitted in your online application
      • Problems entering your sponsor licence number online
      • Technical support with error messages on your online application
      • Accessing your UKVI account

      To get help with your application from the Home Office support team, you should:

      • Write an email including your name and the nature of your immigration query/ application
      • Include a detailed description of the problem
      • Include screenshots of the issue(s) if possible
      • Email [email protected]
      • You can usually expect a reply to your report within one working day

      UK Home Office social media accounts

      It is also possible to access information and contact details for the Home Office via their online platforms, including the following:

      Please note that not all accounts are monitored for communication purposes. If you want to contact the UK Home Office, it is advised to use some of the above contact methods.

      What is the Home Office address?

      The main UK Home Office is located at the following address:

      • 2 Marsham Street,
      • London,
      • SW1P 4DF,
      • United Kingdom

      There are also a number of Service and Support Centres (SSCs) located around Britain for the purposes of serving individuals with visa or immigration applications. The SSCs are located in the followng locations:


      • Her Majesty’s Passport Office,
      • Law Society House,
      • 90-106 Victoria Street,
      • Belfast,
      • BT13GN.


      • General Buildings,
      • 1st Floor,
      • 31-33 Newport Road,
      • Cardiff,
      • Wales,
      • CF24 0AB


      • Lunar House,
      • 40 Wellesley Road,
      • Croydon,
      • CR9 2BY


      • Festival Court 1,
      • 200 Brand Street,
      • Govan,
      • Glasgow,
      • G51 1DH


      • The Capital Building,
      • 6 Union Street,
      • Liverpool, L3 9PP


      • Her Majesty’s Passport Office,
      • Aragon Court,
      • Northminster Road,
      • Peterborough,
      • PE1 1QC


      • Vulcan House
      • Riverside Entrance,
      • 6 Millsands,
      • Sheffield,
      • S3 8NU


      • Dominion Court,
      • 41 Station Rod,
      • Solihull,
      • Birmingham,
      • B91 3RT

      How much does it cost to speak to someone at the Home Office?

      The Home Office charges a different fee depending on where you are and whether you want to phone or email your query.

      Cost of contacting the Home Office outside the UK

      • International Contact Centre – Email service (per query): £2.74
      • International Contact Centre – Telephone helpline (per minute): £0.69

      Cost of contacting the Home Office inside the UK

      • Phone numbers beginning with 030: Landlines (per minute): up to £0.10
      • Phone numbers beginning with 030: Mobile phones (per minute): £0.3 – £0.40
      • Phone numbers beginning with 02: Landlines (per minute): £0.16
      • Phone numbers beginning with 02: Mobile phones (per minute): £0.3 – £0.65
      • Phone numbers beginning with 0800/ 0808: Freephone service (no cost)
      • Email service in the UK – No charge

      Take the first step. Request a Fact Finding + Expert Consultation Contact Us

        Fill out the form

        What is the Home Office contact number for BRP?

        There is no direct line to the Home Office for a BRP application, but the process of contacting their outsourced company is outlined below:

        If you intend to come to the UK for period of longer than six months, you may be required to hold a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) as proof of your immigration status.

        You must collect your BRP within ten days of arriving in the UK (if you applied outside the UK). However, this timeline may be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

        If you applied inside the UK, your BRP will be delivered by a courier service (TNT). If you need to contact BRP delivery team, you can call the below number:

        • TNT (Courier Service delivering the BRP): +44 (0) 345 608 0630

        It is recommended to contact TNT about your BRP if it has not arrived within ten days of receiving your decision letter, or if you wish to track or rearrange the delivery of the permit.

        You should only contact the Home Office about your BRP if the following applies:

        • You have already contacted TNT and they were unable to help
        • You cannot track your delivery with a consignment number

        Use the BRP service page to speak to the Home Office if the above situations apply to your case.

        If you applied outside the UK and you intend to collect your BRP at a post office, you can use the post office general enquiries page if you need to speak with a customer service representative.

        What is the contact number for a British citizenship application?

        The email address for British naturalisation, registration, and citizenship applications is [email protected].

        Once you have submitted an application for British citizenship to UKVI, you can expect to wait for between three and four months for a decision.

        When you submit your citizenship application, you may be asked to submit your biometric information and supporting documents via the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKVCAS) website.

        You should not contact UKVCAS about your citizenship application. You can contact UKVI using the general contact number inside the UK or outside the UK.

        You can use your UKVCAS account to do the following:

        • Book an appointment to enrol your biometric information
        • Submit your supporting documents to be verified
        • Purchase additional visa application services

        If you need help with booking an appointment, uploading documents, requesting an access code, or information about a service, you can contact UKVCAS directly.

        • UKVCAS telephone helpline inside and out the UK: +44 (0) 844 8920 232
        • Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (Monday to Friday)
        • Cost: £0.04 per minute plus your phone provider’s charges

        What is the Home Office travel document contact number?

        You may need to apply to the Home Office for a travel document if you have leave to remain in the UK for less than six months. Currently, there is no Home Office contact number for a travel document application.

        However, to apply for the travel document, you must do the following:

        During the application, you will be given a document checklist and a postal address to send your application.

        If you need to travel urgently on the basis of compassionate reasons (e.g., illness, death, or urgent medical reasons), you can email the Home Office at the following email address:

        • Home Office travel document enquiries: [email protected]
        • Put ‘New Application Enquiry – Urgent Compassionate Care’ and your name as the subject line

        How can IAS help me?

        IAS is a highly regarded immigration law firm with a proven track record of successfully helping our clients with their goals.

        We listen to the needs of all clients and make expert recommendations based on current immigration laws and rules. We work tirelessly on your behalf to help you with your case, no matter how complex.

        You can expect to work one-on-one with an experienced immigration lawyer who will do the following:

        • Assess your eligibility for your chosen immigration route
        • Advise on your suitability for the route
        • Make recommendations for you or family members to help you acheive your goals
        • Provide you with a bespoke document checklist of supporting documents
        • Complete your application in full to the highest standards
        • Liaise with the Home Office on your behalf while your application is pending
        • Advise you on next steps when a decision has been reached.

        Your lawyer will speak to the Home Office on your behalf, meaning that you don’t have to worry about contacting UKVI. Working with an immigration lawyer does not guarantee a successful decision, but it can significantly reduce the work involved in an immigration application.

        To get started, speak to a member of our friendly and professional client care team today. Your qualified and accredited immigration lawyer can advise you on the best route based on your circumstances to get started as quickly as possible.

        Call us today on 0333 305 9272 or use the online contact form to request a callback. We look forward to helping you with your case.

        You may be interested in reading about.

        Take the first step. Request a Fact Finding + Expert Consultation Call us now

          Fill out the form

          Advice Package icon

          Advice Package

          Need help with an immigration issue? Book a one-to-one advice session with one of our legal caseworkers.

          Application Package icon

          Application Package

          We can complete your visa application on your behalf, taking the stress and hassle out of the process.

          Fast Track Package icon

          Fast Track Package

          Need to submit an application quickly? We can help you complete and send it off in as little as 24 hours.

          Appeal Package icon

          Appeal Package

          Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal with our legal support and guidance.

          Advice Package image

          The Advice Package

          With our Advice Package, you can book a one-to-one session with one of our legal team and receive bespoke advice tailored for your situation. We will review your case and give you expert advice on how best to proceed with your immigration matter. Reach out to a member of our team and book your session today.

            Fill out the form

            Request the Advice Package
            Application Package image

            The Application Package

            Our Application Package is designed to help relieve the stress of immigration applications. One of our legal caseworkers will help you throughout the entire process, including establishing your eligibility for your chosen route, completing your application form to the highest standards and organising your documents. We will then submit it and monitor its status on your behalf.

              Fill out the form

              Request the Application Package
              Fast Track Package image

              The Fast Track Package

              Our premium Fast Track Package is ideal if you need to submit an application quickly, such as if you need to meet a tight deadline. Our lawyers will work closely with you to see that your application is completed to the highest standards and ensure you get your application in on time, helping to take the stress and pressure off you.

                Fill out the form

                Request the Fast Track Package
                Appeal Package image

                The Appeal Package

                Visa appeals can be a stressful process, especially if you’re relying on a specific visa to be approved. Our legal team can help you navigate the whole process and maximise your chances of a successful appeal, working alongside you to reach a favourable result. We can also represent you in immigration-related hearings and tribunals.

                  Fill out the form

                  Request the Appeal Package

                  Frequently Asked Questions

                  In general, it is very difficult to directly contact UKVI via email. However, there are some routes you can take, and you can email UKVI at the following addresses.

                  Ultimate list of available Home Office email addresses:

                  Note that staff in the contact centre cannot give you immigration advice, and may not give you information on the progress of your application. They may be able to give you the contact details of the department you have applied to.

                  It can be very difficult to get a response from the Home Office or UKVI about your application.

                  If you choose to work with an immigration lawyer, they can assist you with UK visas and applications by liaising directly with the Home Office on your behalf.

                  The contact details for the London Home Office are listed below:

                  Phone number: +44 (0) 207 0354 848

                  Email address: [email protected]

                  Postal address:

                  Direct Communications Unit,

                  2 Marsham Street,


                  SW1P 4DF,

                  United Kingdom

                  You can send a letter communication directly to the Liverpool head office if your query is non-urgent. Alternatively, use the phone or email methods below.

                  Phone number: +44 (0) 333 3445 675

                  Email address: [email protected]

                  Postal address:

                  UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI),

                  The Capital Building,

                  New Hall Place,

                  6 Union Street


                  L3 9PP

                  The quickest way to complain to the Home Office is to email your complaint to [email protected] or submit a complaint on the online complaints form.

                  Include the following information in your email:

                  • All your personal contact details (name, address, phone number, email address, reference number (where relevant)
                  • Full details of the nature of your complaint (include dates, times, locations, individuals, etc)
                  • Names of staff involved
                  • Details of witnesses (where relevant)
                  • Copies of relevant supporting documents (where relevant)
                  • Home Office reference details (where relevant)

                  There are many reasons why you may need to contact the Home Office with a complaint.

                  You can read more about the complaints process on the Home Office complaints page.

                  You can contact the complaints team if the following applies:

                  • You want to submit a complaint about the service you received
                  • You want to complain about the professional conduct you experienced
                  • The incident in question happened within the last three months

                  If you are unhappy with a decision issued by the Home Office, you may have recourse to some of the below options:

                  Additionally, you can contact related departments if you wish to submit complaints to the following:

                  • UK Border Force
                  • Disclosure and Barring Service
                  • HM Passport Office
                  • Home Office

                  You can expect a response to your complaint within 20 working days. If your case requires additional time to investigate, you will be informed of this.