Free Immigration Advice

If you want to know which UK visa you need, our Visa Wizard can help you.

This tool offers free immigration advice for anyone looking to come to the UK. It is designed to offer detailed, easy-to-understand guidance which is based on your particular circumstances and aims. Whether you are hoping to work in the UK, join your partner, start or invest in a UK business or simply explore your options, our Visa Wizard will help you begin your journey.

Simply answer a few questions, and let us do the rest. The Visa Wizard will take your individual situation and needs into account and generate a bespoke guide, for you to read, copy or download — free of charge.

Which UK Visa Do I Need?

Which UK visa you need will depend on several different factors, such as your current situation, ties with the UK, skills and qualifications and your immigration aims. Your visa type will vary and depend on whether you want to work in the UK, join a spouse, start a business or move to be with family. There are several different categories of UK visa. These all have different requirements and grant you the right to perform certain activities in the UK.

Find out more information about the different types of UK visa below.

What services does IAS offer?

Our immigration lawyers offer one-to-one advice sessions and application services, which are tailored to you.

Our advice services include:

  • Advice sessions with specialist lawyers who are equipped to deal with your individual issues
  • An eligibility assessment, to find out if you have a strong case or claim
  • Advice on the documents and evidence you will need to make an application
  • Advice on how to proceed with a successful application
  • A written document which details the advice given to you in your application. This includes your requirements and next steps as well as a full document list.

We also offer application support. This includes:

  • A dedicated lawyer, who will guide you through each stage of your application process
  • Full application representation, including the completion of all your application forms
  • The arrangement of your supporting evidence into a complete application portfolio
  • A detailed Letter of Representation which pleads your case directly to UKVI
  • Communication with the Home Office: your lawyer will directly liaise with the Home Office up until a decision on your application is reached.

If you are looking for immigration advice, IAS can help. Contact us for a free initial consultation with an immigration specialist, who can assess your best options and next steps.

Spouse & Partner Visas

There are several options which allow you to come to the UK as a spouse or partner of a British citizen.

These include coming as a spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner.

If you would like legal support with your Spouse Visa enquiry, contact our team of immigration specialist.

More information on the different types of Spouse & Partner Visas

Work Visas

There are several different types of UK Work Visa.

The visa categories which allow you to work in the UK under the points-based-system are Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent), Tier 2 (General Skilled Worker) and Tier 5 (Temporary Worker).

Our lawyers can assist you with your work visa enquiry. Get in touch with them to discuss your situation.

More information on the different types of Work Visa

Student Visas

You can study in the UK for more than three months using a Tier 4 Student Visa.

This type of visa can be applied for if you want to take on a course at a UK educational institution, like a University.

To speak to an immigration lawyer about studying in the UK, contact us now.

More information on the different types of Student Visas

Visitor Visas

If you are looking to visit the UK for a short period, to visit family, get married, study, conduct business or go on holiday you can apply for a Visitor Visa.

For personalised advice on your visitor-related enquiry, get in touch with us now.

More information on the categories of Visitor Visa

Settling in the UK

There are several options available to you if you need advice about settling in the UK.

You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain if you have been in the UK on certain visas after five years.

You can then make an application for British citizenship, which gives you the exact same rights as someone born in the UK.

For tailored advice on settling in the UK, contact us now to arrange a lawyer meeting.

More information on settling in the UK

EU nationals

As an EU or EEA citizen, you can live, work and study in the UK without a visa.

If you want to settle in the UK and become a full British citizen, you can do this. First you must apply for Permanent Residence in the UK.

Get in touch with us now to speak with an immigration lawyer about your specific circumstance.

More information the options available for EEA citizens

Claiming asylum

If you have had to flee from your home country for fear of harm or persecution, you may be eligible to claim asylum in the UK.

More information on asylum

Our packages

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals


Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as successful, smooth and stress-free as possible


Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline


Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any hearings/tribunals


A few of

our experienced

immigration lawyers

Case studies

We are proud to have changed lives for the better. Here are some of their stories:

Ajay: Family Visit Visa Appeal

Ajay’s Mother, a national of the United Arab Emirates, wanted to visit her son who lived in the UK and applied for a Family Visitor Visa but was refused.… Read More

Moira: Tier 2 and Dependant Extension

Moira was an Australian National who had been working in the UK under a Tier 2 Visa with her husband as a dependent.
Her Work Visa was about to… Read More

Fred and Robin: Relocating to the UK

Fred and Robin wanted to relocate from the USA to the UK. They were unsure of their options so they contacted IAS to seek guidance. Fred is a UK National… Read More

Joe: Student Visa

Joe, a Japanese National, was accepted into a UK university on a Tier 4 Visa at short notice and needed help to gain entry to the country as soon… Read More

Melissa’s Daughter’s British Citizenship

Melissa and her child are Filipino nationals who came to the UK to join Melissa’s husband.
Complications with their initial application and insufficient information being provided resulted in her child’s… Read More

Mike: Visiting the UK with a Criminal Record

Mike, a South African National received the news that his brother had recently had a newborn baby boy.
Mike was eager to meet his new nephew, however his brother lived… Read More

Latest reviews


IAS evaluated my situation properly and successfully tailored my application to secure a happy result

Jan S
Nasreen Ali was very helpful and supportive regarding my indefinite leave to remain application and travel document. I always feel… Read More
A service we will never forget. Exceptional. We were due for a Premium Service appointment on a Monday, assuming we… Read More

Latest news

Home Office opens Tier 1 Exceptional Talent route for architects Read More

UK Spouse Visa Document Checklist Read More