What is the FLR FP Form?
FLR (FP) stands for Further Leave to Remain under the F and P categories of the UK immigration system, which are based on the Family Life (under the appendix FM) or the Private Life (under the Part 7).
In other words, you should file this form if you wish to apply for further leave to remain in the UK as a partner, parent or dependent child of a British citizen or settled, or on the basis of your private life in this country. This applies to the following categories:
- Eligible partners (10-year route)
- Parents of British citizens or settler persons (5- or 10-year route)
- Dependent children of a person who has or is applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK
- Applicants under the private life in the UK (10-year route
How to fill FLR FP Form?
All your reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the UK must be stated in your FLR FP Form. Along with your application bundle, you must submit adequate evidence of your current status in the UK.
The form consists of the following 16 parts:
- Part 1: Your personal details
- Part 2: Your immigration status, including information on the category in which you are applying for leave to remain in the UK
- Section 3: Details of the dependants who are applying with you.
- Section 5: Your immigration history
- Section 5: Your accommodation and available finances
- Section 6: Personal history. This is where you must include any details about your criminal convictions, civil penalties or civil judgements made against you or your dependants.
- Section 7: Fa Family life as a partner (10-year route) or Leave outside the Rules. This section of the FLR FP Form must be completed by those who have a spouse, same sex or unmarried partner.
- Section 8: Family life as a parent (5- or 10-year routes) or as a dependent
- Section 9: Details of your children who are already in the UK
- Section 10: Private life, also known as UK settlement 10-year route
- Section 11: This space is for additional information that you believe may support your application
- Section 12: Biometric Residence Permit, which will be released only if your settlement status is granted
- Section 13: Passport, Travel Document or National Identity Card
- Section 14: Documents and Evidence that you meet all the UK settlement requirements
- Section 15 and 16: You’re for the Home Office to request verification checks and your declaration
The Home Office will use all the personal information you provided to consider your application.
What is the UK settlement application process?
As a part of your application, you will be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge. If needed, you must complete your Immigration Health Surcharge assessment before submitting your FLR FP Form.
Your application process may vary based on your immigration routes. For example, if you wish to apply for ILR, you first need to spend at least 5 years in the UK.
If you are applying for UK settlement either under ILR or British naturalisation, you will also need to seat two different exams. These are the Life in the UK Test, to check your knowledge of British history and customs, and an English language exam to assess your proficiency.
The minimum level of English proficiency may vary based on your immigration route. Your IAS immigration lawyers can help you check your eligibility and individuate the correct requirements to make your application successful.
If you are a single applicant, the FLR FP Form fees are £1,033. If you are applying with your family, the fee increases by £1,033 for each dependant.
The standard processing time for further leave to remain applications may vary depending on your current immigration status. In some cases, you may be eligible to apply for the Home Office’s priority service.
If your application is successful, you and your family will receive a Residence Permit.
How can IAS immigration lawyers help you with your Leave to Remain application form?
At IAS, we employ only the best immigration lawyers to help our clients with their immigration issues. You can speak at any time with one of our specialists and, with our Advice package, receive only the most professional advice about your UK settlement application. Hire one of our immigration advisers to benefit from our Application package, which will allow us to complete your FLR FP form on your behalf and ensure that your Leave To Remain in the UK application is successful.
Get in touch on 0333 363 8577 or use our online contact form to speak to our team about your Leave To Remain in the UK application.
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.