Leading Immigration Lawyers With Over 9000 Applications Approved
Call +44 (0)333 414 9244 | Mon - Sun, 8.30am -6pm

UK Business Visas for EU Citizens

From January 1st 2021 the UK’s new immigration rules came into effect. Under the new rules EU Citizens need to be able to apply for a range of UK business visas.

Our lawyers are highly-trained and have all the latest knowledge about the UK’s new immigration system, if you are an EU citizen unsure about your visa options speak to one of our excellent immigration solicitors today on 0333 305 9375 

EU citizens can apply for UK business visas

The UK’s new points-based immigration system came into place on the 1st January 2021, bringing with it many changes for how EU citizens are able to enter the UK.

Businesspeople looking to move to the UK from Spain and other EU countries now need to apply for one of the business visas, such as the Start-up, Innovator or Overseas Sole Representative visa if they wish to run a business in the UK.

Visa Options For EU Citizens

What is the Start-up Visa?

The Start-Up Visa is for those who intend to start their first business in the UK. This visa category is open to both graduates and non graduates. To be eligible your business must be endorsed by an approved body. You will also need to prove that your business idea is for a new business that is both innovative and viable.

If you are granted a Start-up visa then you will be able to stay in UK for up to two years, you cannot apply to extend this visa after this time but you may be able to switch to another type of visa.

What is the Innovator Visa?

If you are already an experienced business owner, then the UK Innovator visa could be a better option for you. To be eligible for this type of visa you will need to have your business endorsed by an approved sponsor who will assess your business idea. As well as this, you will need to supply at least £50,000 in investment funds that can come from any legitimate source. You don’t need investment funds if your business is already established and has been endorsed for an earlier visa.

The Innovator visa will allow you to stay in the UK for up to 3 years, after this you can apply to extend it for another 3 years and there are no limits on the amount of times you can extend your visa.

What is the Overseas Sole Representative Visa?

The Overseas Sole Representative Visa is for those who would like to set up a UK branch of an overseas business. To apply to be the sole representative of an overseas business you must be employed by a business whose headquarters will remain outside of the UK. You can also apply for this visa if you work for an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.

This visa allows you to stay in the UK for an initial period of 3 years, after this you may be able to extend your stay for a further 2 years. Once you have lived in the UK under this visa for 5 years you will also be eligible to apply to settle in the UK.

The Investor Visa

Individuals interested in making a substantial £2 million investment in a UK business can apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa. This visa aims to attract global investors, including those from the EU, and doesn’t necessitate endorsement from an approved sponsor. Nevertheless, specific requirements may apply depending on your unique circumstances.

Global Talent Visa

This visa category is intended for individuals recognized as world-class researchers, scientists, and mathematicians. To qualify, you have the flexibility to work either as a self-employed professional or as an employee in any industry.

Do you need immigration support?

The UK immigration system can be complex, especially with the new immigration rules. Luckily, our expert lawyers are on hand to advise EU citizens of the best immigration options available to them. They can discuss your circumstances with you and use their expertise to offer you professional legal advice about your options.

Our lawyers are based all across the UK, in cities such as London, Birmingham and Manchester. To learn more about the visas that EU citizens will be able to apply for, speak to our team today by calling 0333 305 9375.

We can help you if you need advice or assistance about how this change to the Immigration Rules affects you.

Table of Contents

Table of Contents will appear here.

Related Posts

Get in touch with our team

Learn about our professional services and find out how we can help.