Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Immigration Lawyers in Colliers Wood

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Colliers Wood, we are here to help. Our Colliers Wood immigration lawyers offer expert assistance in all areas of immigration law.

Get in touch with the Immigration Advice Service today on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about the services we offer.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer in Colliers Wood?

    I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire a Colliers Wood Immigration Solicitor?

    If you are a non-EEA national and you wish to visit the UK, whether for a short period or long-term, you will need to apply for a UK visa. Whilst it is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor when applying for a UK visa, it is something which we highly recommend.

    UK immigration law is notoriously complex and, unfortunately, visa application rejections are common. An immigration lawyer can help you to prepare your visa/immigration application to a high standard and ensure that it adheres to all necessary administrative standards.

    Our immigration lawyers in Colliers Wood, London, can offer full guidance and assistance with all forms of UK visas and immigration applications. We have developed an outstanding reputation over the years for our professionalism and the exceptional service which we offer to our clients.

    What Services Do Your Immigration Lawyers in Colliers Wood Offer?

    We offer expert assistance in all areas of UK immigration law, including with Family Visas, Indefinite Leave to Remain, Skilled Worker visas and short-stay visas. We also offer immigration legal advice to UK businesses, as well as emergency legal support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained.

    Our main services are as follows:

    • Advice package. For those who require expert immigration legal advice on any issue
    • Application package. Your UK visa/immigration application will be completed by one of our expert immigration lawyers
    • Fast track application package: If you need your immigration application completed as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
    • Document checking service. One of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your immigration application
    • Appeal package. If you wish to challenge a decision made by the Home Office, we can offer full support
    • Emergency support. If you need emergency immigration legal support and assistance, we are here for you
    • Immigration legal assistance for UK businesses. If you wish to hire an overseas national, there are a number of requirements and responsibilities which you must fulfil. We can offer assistance through the entire process

    To find out more about any of the services which we offer, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.

    What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?

    The Spouse Visa is one of the most sought-after UK visas. It is designed to enable non-EEA nationals to travel to the UK to reunite with their spouse/civil partner.

    In order to be eligible for the Spouse Visa, you must fulfil a number of conditions and requirements. The main requirements for a Spouse Visa are:

    • Must be aged 18 or over
    • Must be married/in a civil partnership with a British citizen or person with settled status, which is recognised by UK law
    • Must pass the ‘genuine relationship’ requirement
    • Must have a combined annual income of £18,600. This increases by £3,800 for your first dependent child and a further £2,400 for each of any other dependents
    • Must have suitable accommodation to live in in the UK
    • Must have proof that you have lived together for at least two years
    • Must be able to demonstrate that you can speak English to a certain level

    Spouse Visas last for 30 months, and they can be extended for a further 30 months. After someone has lived in the UK for five years, they will be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

    Our application package is the ideal option for those who are looking to apply for a Spouse Visa. With this service, one of our immigration lawyers will take charge of your case and complete your application to the very highest standard.

    Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out how we can help you to secure your Spouse Visa and begin your new life in the UK.


    You may be interested in reading about.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    The Skilled Worker Visa is a UK work visa for non-EEA nationals who want to fulfil a role in the UK for a skilled role such as nursing, an IT position or an engineering role.

    You can remain in the UK for up to five years under a Skilled Worker Visa, after which you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain status.

    In order to be eligible for the Skilled Worker Visa, you must have been offered a position in a UK company which holds a sponsor licence.

    The other Skilled Worker visa requirements include:

    • Able to demonstrate that you are able to financially support yourself and any dependents in the UK
    • Be over 16 at the date of your application
    • You must accrue at least 70 points based on the points-based system based on your attributes
    • Your role meets the minimum salary threshold for your role

    Able to demonstrate that you can understand and communicate in English to a certain level

    Generally speaking, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after you have spent five years living in the UK lawfully. This is the case if you have been living under a Family Visa or work visa.

    However, under certain circumstances, you could be eligible sooner. For example, if you have been living in the UK under a Tier 1 Innovator Visa or Investor Visa, you might be eligible after just three years of UK residency, or even two.

    The main requirements for ILR as follows:

    • Must have been a continuous resident in the UK for the specified time relevant to your case
    • Must not have spent more than 180 days outside of the UK in a 12-month period during your UK residency
    • Must have adhered to all immigration conditions during your stay
    • Must not have broken any laws
    • Must achieve a pass in the Life in the UK test
    • Must be able to demonstrate that your level of English it at the B1 level in speaking, reading, listening and writing as set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages

    If you cannot meet us at one of our UK offices, we can offer our services remotely. You can choose from a phone consultation, or a meeting over Skype.

    You can expect the same exceptional service regardless of the way you choose to hire our services.