Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 8 pm

Find an office

21 offices in the UK


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Do you need a Walthamstow immigration lawyer?

If you require immigration advice, our Walthamstow immigration lawyers are here to help.

Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help and assistance. We’re here for you in person, over the phone, and via Skype.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Do you need a Walthamstow immigration lawyer?

    What are the British Citizenship by Marriage eligibility requirements?

    British Citizenship by Marriage is a naturalisation route aimed at those who are married to, or in a civil partnership with, British citizens.

    In order for your British Citizenship by Marriage application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:

    • You must be at least 18 years of age of the date you submit your application;
    • You must have passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a set of 24 questions, the majority of which pertain to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
    • You must possess UK permanent residence in the form of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR);
    • You must have resided in the UK for a minimum of three years;
    • Have demonstrated the ‘Good Character’ requirement by way of having not committed any offences, either in the UK or overseas;
    • You must have demonstrated the required level of English language proficiency by passing an accredited exam.

    Failing to fulfil the above criteria may result in the outright refusal of your British Citizenship by Marriage application. As a result, it is strongly advised that you seek the assistance of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.

    Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help and assistance.

    Which documents will I need to submit as part of my Tier 2 Visa application?

    The Tier 2 Visa is aimed at non-EEA nationals who wish to take up employment at a UK-based company or organisation.

    In order for your Tier 2 Visa application to be a success, the following documents must be submitted alongside your application form:

    • Evidence of your UK-based job offer;
    • Your current passport (or other valid travel document);
    • Tuberculosis test results (if from a listed country);
    • Proof that your English language proficiency is of the required standard;
    • Financial documents such as bank statements and payslips that prove you have enough funds to support your household;
    • Proof that you have worked for your current employer outside of the UK (only relevant for Intra-Company Transfer Visas);
    • The reference number from your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS).
    Did you know that our Walthamstow immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?

    As well as the services touched upon above, our immigration lawyers in Walthamstow offer IAS’ full range of services, from Spouse Visa application support to Unmarried Partner Visa advice and guidance.

    Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in London to receive our support.


    Yes assisting with Fiancé Visa applications forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service.

    From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case, to conducting a thorough documentation check to ensure you have all of your supporting paperwork in place, our legal services are built to succeed.

    At present, the Fiancé Visa application fees are as follows:

    Applications submitted from within the UK: £1,033.

    Applications submitted from outside the UK: £1,523.


    You may be interested in reading about.